Nissan 370Z Forum  

[OFFICIAL] Discussion for the next new Z35?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aut...eration-z-car/

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > General > Nissan 370Z General Discussions

Like Tree5679Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2020, 01:04 PM   #5386 (permalink)
Base Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nowhere,TX
Age: 34
Posts: 130
Drives: 2017 ???
Rep Power: 12
NRTim is on a distinguished road
Default

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aut...eration-z-car/
NRTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 04:49 PM   #5387 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
ZeroZ34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Coachella Valley
Age: 32
Posts: 255
Drives: 09' Nissan 370z
Rep Power: 6
ZeroZ34 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
sounds like it's time to move
le meh, I would if I could lol
I'm in escrow rn
FPenvy likes this.
__________________
ZeroZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 03:14 PM   #5388 (permalink)
Track Member
 
Bonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 559
Drives: Finally, a 370Z!!!
Rep Power: 12
Bonzo is a jewel in the roughBonzo is a jewel in the roughBonzo is a jewel in the roughBonzo is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixin View Post
Could this be the new Z?

https://youtu.be/3Qn31gLgLJI
I find it hard to take him too seriously when he keeps calling the dealership photo (or rendering) the "yellow" car. He's color blind. Its ORANGE dude.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
theART and sunkist350z like this.
__________________
Finally Able To Order 2012 Model 8/24/2011
Delivered Tuesday November 15, 9:57 am!!!
2012, Auto, White, Sport, Kick Plates
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 09:49 PM   #5389 (permalink)
Track Member
 
sunkist350z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Z-land
Posts: 983
Drives: 2012 370z sport 6-sp
Rep Power: 48625
sunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
I find it hard to take him too seriously when he keeps calling the dealership photo (or rendering) the "yellow" car. He's color blind. Its ORANGE dude.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
Agreed, lol I posted a comment on youtube if he is color blind, lol.
sunkist350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 05:57 PM   #5390 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
UNKNOWN_370's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ny'r livn in tx
Posts: 8,633
Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
Rep Power: 14854
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkist350z View Post
Agreed, lol I posted a comment on youtube if he is color blind, lol.
I watched that video and thought it was a waste. So I went into thought about something substantial.

The z34 was introduced and had the same performance stats as the camaro SS with two less cylinders. So i was thinking, in terms of performance. This has to be the same standard for the Z35.

Right now my camaro if it were stock with the DM exhaust is 460hp/460lb tq and 3700lbs. Which puts it at 8lbs per hp.

For the Z35 to have equivalent stats to the camaro, I figured it has to weigh at most 3200lbs even. This number is VERY IMPORTANT.
It puts the Z35 at 8lbs per hp as well.

But... what im worried about with the Z is the 7speed transmission. Its simplistic, outdated and seems to feel more sluggish as the years pass by.
The camaro 8 speed has so many tricks to wring out 3.9 second to 60 during fall weather.
Track+ competitive mode + active performance shift gets the car shifting PDK fast. Do sport + CM + APS for streets and you once again will be perfectly damped to achieve the same acceleration. With my mods now I've only gotten to 3.8 seconds but I've shaved half a second on my quarter mile time. It doesnt take much to pull those times out of a camaro.
This in turn will be important not so much to fight a camaro. But to fight the supra. Cuz the supra times do match the camaro but is a hair faster 0 to 60.
Another thing. Nissan needs to avoid being front heavy like the Z34.
The supra inline 6 allows it to be very balanced in the corners. LT 1 engines are very light and camaros as well outcomes Z34's by leaps and bounds.
Nissan has to lengthen the hood and keep the FM engine configuration. So we probably need the Z33 wheelbase back giving the z35 about 3 inches extra of hood.
The current 7 speed has to go!!. And we must keep the sport and nismo wheel sizes.

The transmission and the hood length vs engine placement will make or break this Z. Here's hoping for the best. Good luck to us.
Fingers crossed.
NecioVato, JARblue and KCZ like this.
__________________
Favorite Quote.
"I'm not gonna kill you... I'm just gonna Bash Your Face In" Jack Nicholson-"The Shining". 1980
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 08:57 AM   #5391 (permalink)
Base Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 142
Drives: Evo X MR / 350z
Rep Power: 10
triso07 is on a distinguished road
Default

The looks and performance/feature per dollar ratio is what will make or break it.

If it comes anywhere remotely close to the performance offering of the American muscle cars with minimalist sports car design and proportions it should do well. It will undercut the Supra while performing similarly, and hopefully having better looks.

These days who knows though. The Z has no back seats and is small relative to the barges on offer and people don't seem to buy sports cars not named Corvette or 911.

It would be nice to see a DCT though, or at least the ZF.
NecioVato and NissanFreak81 like this.

Last edited by triso07; 07-24-2020 at 09:03 AM.
triso07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:15 AM   #5392 (permalink)
Presto
 
FPenvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 38,202
Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
Rep Power: 673834
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I watched that video and thought it was a waste. So I went into thought about something substantial.

The z34 was introduced and had the same performance stats as the camaro SS with two less cylinders. So i was thinking, in terms of performance. This has to be the same standard for the Z35.

Right now my camaro if it were stock with the DM exhaust is 460hp/460lb tq and 3700lbs. Which puts it at 8lbs per hp.

For the Z35 to have equivalent stats to the camaro, I figured it has to weigh at most 3200lbs even. This number is VERY IMPORTANT.
It puts the Z35 at 8lbs per hp as well.

But... what im worried about with the Z is the 7speed transmission. Its simplistic, outdated and seems to feel more sluggish as the years pass by.
The camaro 8 speed has so many tricks to wring out 3.9 second to 60 during fall weather.
Track+ competitive mode + active performance shift gets the car shifting PDK fast. Do sport + CM + APS for streets and you once again will be perfectly damped to achieve the same acceleration. With my mods now I've only gotten to 3.8 seconds but I've shaved half a second on my quarter mile time. It doesnt take much to pull those times out of a camaro.
This in turn will be important not so much to fight a camaro. But to fight the supra. Cuz the supra times do match the camaro but is a hair faster 0 to 60.
Another thing. Nissan needs to avoid being front heavy like the Z34.
The supra inline 6 allows it to be very balanced in the corners. LT 1 engines are very light and camaros as well outcomes Z34's by leaps and bounds.
Nissan has to lengthen the hood and keep the FM engine configuration. So we probably need the Z33 wheelbase back giving the z35 about 3 inches extra of hood.
The current 7 speed has to go!!. And we must keep the sport and nismo wheel sizes.

The transmission and the hood length vs engine placement will make or break this Z. Here's hoping for the best. Good luck to us.
Fingers crossed.
well written.

honestly if they do not make a massive upgrade to the tranny or give it a DCT, i think i'm gonna pass on the next Z.

you're 100% on the money that the current 7AT cannot be used moving forward. i have no issues with mine and think it's miles above move shiftable autos i've driven (especially for the time when i bought it in 2011).

they need to give it a DCT. fuckin little awful VW cars get them why cant the Z? i mean yea i get it you dont want it too close to the GTR but the price and performance alone separate them.
__________________
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 12:09 AM   #5393 (permalink)
Track Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: California
Posts: 532
Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Rep Power: 598
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixin View Post
Could this be the new Z?

https://youtu.be/3Qn31gLgLJI
Nothing personal against that guy. Some of his stuff is at the very least amusing, he has some artistic fluency, and I respect the grind, but just like every other outlet, it doesn't really take us anywhere.

As a YouTuber he's just reacting. I've seen him do it over stuff he does, and does not like. Makes some sense, but he's not on the engineering board to understand the full design context of a car.

And not to rant, but wtf with today's culture feeding into that. People getting paid to react to stuff that isn't theirs. Sometimes it's a fabricated reaction to, just to get viewer reactions.
FL 4Motion and UNKNOWN_370 like this.
Ventruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 01:39 AM   #5394 (permalink)
Base Member
 
theART's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: BC
Posts: 127
Drives: To Drive
Rep Power: 3367
theART has a reputation beyond reputetheART has a reputation beyond reputetheART has a reputation beyond reputetheART has a reputation beyond reputetheART has a reputation beyond reputetheART has a reputation beyond reputetheART has a reputation beyond reputetheART has a reputation beyond reputetheART has a reputation beyond reputetheART has a reputation beyond reputetheART has a reputation beyond repute
Default

As long as they keep 6 speed manual I dont care if auto is dtc/dsg/smg/pdk or a slush box!
sunkist350z likes this.
theART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 03:12 AM   #5395 (permalink)
Base Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Qld, Australia
Posts: 5
Drives: 20 370Z Shiro White
Rep Power: 2
Red-Hat is on a distinguished road
Default

I'm excited to see what Nissan comes up with. TBH I am quite surprised they went ahead with a 400Z, I was sure they would cancel the Z or turn it into a crossover (IMHO worse than just discontinuing it with the Z34).

I won't be in the market for a 400Z anytime soon - just got my 370Z and plan on enjoying it for quite a few years to come - but I'm hoping the 400Z is a hit so that I have a nice potential upgrade path in several years.

Frankly, I am over the moon that some Japanese car makers are still committed to making affordable, RWD sports coupes given how poorly they sell, and given how hybrid and electric SUV monstrosities are taking over the roads. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the new Supra, I am still really happy Toyota made it, and I'm even happier Nissan seems to be stepping up to the plate with a Z35.

All these cars may well be the last hurrah for petrol powered RWD sportscars, so we should enjoy them whilst they last.
Red-Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:27 PM   #5396 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
Firebase99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: fl
Posts: 1,343
Drives: 14 3.8 Gen Coupe GT
Rep Power: 3963
Firebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

My girlfriend pulled the trigger on an orange Ultimate Veloster Turbo last week. Gorgeous little car. Best front wheel drive car Ive ever driven. 7 speed DCT is brilliant. Its got a legit sport mode and you can feel the car..."tighten up" in every way. Growl from the little 1.6 is insane for a 4 banger!! Tech out the *** and comfy as hell!! If Hyundai can offer up a decent Dual Clutch Nissan better do the same.
FL 4Motion and Zingston like this.
__________________
'14 3.8 Genesis Coupe, '13 Volvo S60, '04 Honda Accord, '13 370Z-sold, '05 350Z Touring-sold, '92 300Z Twin Turbo-sold, '82 280ZX-gone, '79 260Z-gone
Firebase99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM   #5397 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Hotrodz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NW, AZ
Posts: 8,139
Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Rep Power: 1200240
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute
Default

So I was talking to an acquaintance, fellow AZ NASA track member who works for Nissan USA in Phoenix and this is what he told me. The 400z is for real. The first release will be the base and sport and they will come with a manual. The Nismo will be released a year later and only come in an auto. The auto will not be a DCT. That is all I know for now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
FL 4Motion, Eagle, JARblue and 3 others like this.
__________________
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:22 AM   #5398 (permalink)
Presto
 
FPenvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 38,202
Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
Rep Power: 673834
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
So I was talking to an acquaintance, fellow AZ NASA track member who works for Nissan USA in Phoenix and this is what he told me. The 400z is for real. The first release will be the base and sport and they will come with a manual. The Nismo will be released a year later and only come in an auto. The auto will not be a DCT. That is all I know for now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
no DCT?..........welp i think i'm out.

just ruining any advancement of getting the 3.0TT in it.

think i'm just gonna go grab a mclaren as the next toy.
JARblue, Hotrodz and Spooler like this.
__________________
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:38 AM   #5399 (permalink)
Rated Z
 
JARblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 39
Posts: 33,176
Drives: 2011 370Z Sport MT
Rep Power: 2684430
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
no DCT?..........welp i think i'm out.

just ruining any advancement of getting the 3.0TT in it.

think i'm just gonna go grab a mclaren as the next toy.
Can you not drive stick? The base and sport models will have MT
FPenvy, Rusty and Hotrodz like this.
__________________

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:44 AM   #5400 (permalink)
Now a Ronin Samurai
 
Rusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Fayettenam,Pennsyltucky
Age: 64
Posts: 26,728
Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rep Power: 2684416
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Can you not drive stick? The base and sport models will have MT
He can't. He doesn't know what the 3rd pedal is for.
JARblue, FPenvy, Hotrodz and 2 others like this.
__________________
Group C Driver, After Mods-334HP-279Tor. STD.|F.I. LTH|CBE/12" Resonators|Stillen Gen3|285/35-19, 345/30-19 Mich PSS on 9.5x19 and 12x19 ForgeLine Rims, Nismo RC Brake Ducts,|UpRev Tuned|http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
19' 370 vs 14' mustang gt??, bet nissan go bankrupt b4 z35, fvck cal and they bs regs!, stinger gt faster vs 370z, the z34.5 is here!!, unknown wants hard kok

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car Sex (discussion) Dragster Gentleman's Club 149 11-27-2018 10:59 PM
[MAZOC] Official "Off-Topic" Discussion Thread m4a1mustang MAZOC 6670 09-06-2018 07:21 PM
Rotor Discussion Minsu Brakes & Suspension 33 10-13-2014 09:05 PM
Official Insurance Premium Discussion Thread nogoodname Nissan 370Z Pricing / Ordering Discussions 421 04-06-2013 11:37 PM
5D3 Discussion FrancoPhoto Photography 6 07-09-2012 12:08 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2