Nissan 370Z Forum  

2015 370Z NISMO - Real World Pics

i like the front bumper.... i still preferred the 09-14 Nismo front bumper... but the new one dont look bad at all... just looks different.... but i agree with something...

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Other 370Z Models > Nismo 370Z

Like Tree99Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2014, 01:50 PM   #61 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
carlitos_370z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 7,157
Drives: 13 Nissan 370Z SP M6
Rep Power: 7582
carlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond repute
Default

i like the front bumper.... i still preferred the 09-14 Nismo front bumper... but the new one dont look bad at all... just looks different.... but i agree with something... the wheels looks the same as the 2013+ base model but in 19" and damn... why they change the Nismo wing.... for me the 09-14 Nismo wing looks +1,000,000 better than the new one... i some photo shops i see the new Nismo with the old Nismo wing and looks really good!
cooltoy likes this.
carlitos_370z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 05:46 AM   #62 (permalink)
Base Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 53
Drives: Z34, 40th Anniv #524
Rep Power: 9
Houston Z33 is on a distinguished road
Default

Down the line, I do see myself slapping the '15+ Nismo body kit on my 40th Anniversary.
carlitos_370z likes this.
Houston Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 02:28 PM   #63 (permalink)
Base Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Virginia
Posts: 177
Drives: 370Z NISMO Tech
Rep Power: 7
Nargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nargrakhan View Post
***EDIT 2***
It was relayed to me that the aforementioned parts are colored Nissan AG2 (Aztec Red?) for anyone using the touch up option.

I ordered some AG2 to compare with the "red lips" of the 2015 Nismo. While the red color matches, there's this "metallic" sheen to the paint that is not in AG2. Doing some personal research I've discovered a color called "Sparkle Red" by Dupli-Color. Supposedly Nissan calls this color "A15" in their inventory code... but I can't find anything like that from Nissan.

I've ordered a sample of Sparkle Red from Dupli-Color to do some on-hands investigation... or possibly mixing a bit with "AG2" to see if it works. Will report findings ASAP.

Please note this is an experiment for "touch up" purposes when the red lips are damaged by road chips. The lips are supposed to be OEM prepainted when ordered from Nissan. You don't have to order paint for them, if that red is the color you want.

Last edited by Nargrakhan; 12-18-2014 at 02:31 PM.
Nargrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:51 PM   #64 (permalink)
Base Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 3
Drives: '15 370Z Nismo
Rep Power: 7
ZYAL8R808 is on a distinguished road
Default

I have been a Z fan since birth. I've had a 1990 300ZX and 2003 350Z. I have to admit, for me, it was love at first sight for the 2015 Nismo. I actually never liked the previous Nismo Z's because of the front bumper and the large rear wing.
Wheels3309 likes this.
ZYAL8R808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 09:50 AM   #65 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
JC-Nismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,244
Drives: 2011 Nismo 370z
Rep Power: 9
JC-Nismo has a spectacular aura aboutJC-Nismo has a spectacular aura about
Default

If the 2015 Nismo was actually introduced as the new new sport model or 40th then all cheers because that's what it looks like, but for a Nismo it needs more. I like it, but wouldn't get out of my Nismo for it. And I beg to differ for those who think my or others cars look like a base or sport in any way, both are awesome cars, but when you see a Nismo you know it's one, but hey what the hell do I know.

Hotrodz and carlitos_370z like this.
JC-Nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 02:03 PM   #66 (permalink)
Base Member
 
ajperretta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Posts: 114
Drives: 2011 370Z Black 6MT
Rep Power: 8
ajperretta is on a distinguished road
Default

Hopefully, they get it right in 2016 with a redesign. Seems like most of us don't care for this "update" too much. I, personally, loved the 2014 NISMO update. I like being able to distinguish the Nismo from the base model.

I sold my base in anticipation that the 2015 Nismo would be the car for me. I ended up not getting one because i don't feel like it's much more special than the base model. Now I'm waiting to see what 2016 looks like. Give us some extra power please! I love the Z, but it's getting long in the tooth on this model and getting spanked by similar priced camaros. Was a great car in 09... but 6 years later, no improvements is killing this car even more than the bad 2015 exterior update.
Waiz and carlitos_370z like this.
ajperretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 04:46 PM   #67 (permalink)
Base Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Virginia
Posts: 177
Drives: 370Z NISMO Tech
Rep Power: 7
Nargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nargrakhan View Post
I ordered some AG2 to compare with the "red lips" of the 2015 Nismo. While the red color matches, there's this "metallic" sheen to the paint that is not in AG2. Doing some personal research I've discovered a color called "Sparkle Red" by Dupli-Color. Supposedly Nissan calls this color "A15" in their inventory code... but I can't find anything like that from Nissan.

I've ordered a sample of Sparkle Red from Dupli-Color to do some on-hands investigation... or possibly mixing a bit with "AG2" to see if it works. Will report findings ASAP.
Experiment complete. Sparkle Red (A15) is the correct touch up. Has the metallic part to the color. Matches exactly.
Nargrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 01:45 AM   #68 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
Waiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 9,254
Drives: Z33 & GE8
Rep Power: 455
Waiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond reputeWaiz has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajperretta View Post
Hopefully, they get it right in 2016 with a redesign. Seems like most of us don't care for this "update" too much. I, personally, loved the 2014 NISMO update. I like being able to distinguish the Nismo from the base model.

I sold my base in anticipation that the 2015 Nismo would be the car for me. I ended up not getting one because i don't feel like it's much more special than the base model. Now I'm waiting to see what 2016 looks like. Give us some extra power please! I love the Z, but it's getting long in the tooth on this model and getting spanked by similar priced camaros. Was a great car in 09... but 6 years later, no improvements is killing this car even more than the bad 2015 exterior update.
I think regardless of those of us who like it or don't like it, we can all agree that the 2015 redesign was polarizing enough to finish off the 370z's run with a big finish. Of all the years it was one of the most discussed and anticipated models with a big media and PR push.

We'll see what happens with the next generation, unless they are revolutionary changes I have no intention of upgrading from my Z33 personally
Waiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 02:12 AM   #69 (permalink)
Base Member
 
ajperretta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Posts: 114
Drives: 2011 370Z Black 6MT
Rep Power: 8
ajperretta is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiz View Post
I think regardless of those of us who like it or don't like it, we can all agree that the 2015 redesign was polarizing enough to finish off the 370z's run with a big finish. Of all the years it was one of the most discussed and anticipated models with a big media and PR push.

We'll see what happens with the next generation, unless they are revolutionary changes I have no intention of upgrading from my Z33 personally
I am still hooked on the 2014 Nismo. If the redesign isn't impressive, I'd consider getting the 14 model. It should be much cheaper if it's no longer the current model.
Waiz likes this.
ajperretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 370z Nismo - Are we getting it? Tree70 Canada 81 10-17-2014 04:19 AM
2015 370z Nismo vs 1970 240z UNKNOWN_370 Nissan 370Z General Discussions 19 10-15-2014 05:04 PM
Any 2015 Red 370z Nismo Pics? SeanZ Nismo 370Z 9 10-04-2014 06:56 PM
2015 370Z Nismo Specs S1L3NoZ Nismo 370Z 38 09-04-2014 06:34 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2