Nissan 370Z Forum  

Rear brace bar removal/install?

Hello peeps. So I've googled and also searched in the DIY section and cannot find any info on removing/installing the rear brace bar. I'm thinking of getting this Powerhouse Amuse

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Exterior & Interior

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By GaleForce
  • 2 Post By Masterbeatty
  • 1 Post By GaleForce
  • 3 Post By gomer_110
  • 1 Post By 90 ST

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2015, 07:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 333
Drives: 2014 370z Nismo
Rep Power: 501
TriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rear brace bar removal/install?

Hello peeps. So I've googled and also searched in the DIY section and cannot find any info on removing/installing the rear brace bar. I'm thinking of getting this Powerhouse Amuse R1 Titan Brace Bar, and I'm trying to find out if it's a simple mod. Don't want to just start pulling apart my interior not knowing what I'm getting into. Has anyone done a swap, or have any info/link to a DIY? I'm guessing it's not a popular mod and might just forget about it. Thing look so damn sexy tho, esp paired with burnt titanium Arc shift knob..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (121.1 KB, 82 views)
TriNismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
@GaleForce370z Instagram
 
GaleForce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 21,749
Drives: Varis Arising II
Rep Power: 51861
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute
Default

You need to remove 98% of the panels from the seat back to the rear bumper. Download the FSM and take your time.
gomer_110 and TriNismo like this.
__________________
GaleForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
Masterbeatty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Whales Vagina
Posts: 4,586
Drives: the speed limit...
Rep Power: 122863
Masterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond reputeMasterbeatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default

^ easiest way. Also when putting back the biggest piece make sure the anchors are lined up before inserting them. I bent one on each side.
GaleForce and TriNismo like this.
__________________
2011 MB 6MT
Masterbeatty journal
Masterbeatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 333
Drives: 2014 370z Nismo
Rep Power: 501
TriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Dammit why didn't you guys do a DIY thread on this? Lol. So besides taking apart the panels, are the connection points pretty straightforward?

And GaleForce.. What's FSM?
TriNismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
@GaleForce370z Instagram
 
GaleForce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 21,749
Drives: Varis Arising II
Rep Power: 51861
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriNismo View Post
Dammit why didn't you guys do a DIY thread on this? Lol. So besides taking apart the panels, are the connection points pretty straightforward?

And GaleForce.. What's FSM?
FSM = Factory Service Manual

Straight forward. You need to unplug rear speakers, and the light in the hatch,
TriNismo likes this.
__________________
GaleForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 09:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
gomer_110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Perrysburg, OH
Posts: 17,968
Drives: '11 Nismo #528 GM
Rep Power: 30226
gomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Do a search for the Robispec bar install. Should include 90% of what you are looking for. The other 10% can be found in the FSM.

Edit: Here you go: Robispec Harness Bar Install
Rusty, TriNismo and jshare1 like this.
__________________
'11 370Z Nismo #528 Fast Intentions | Stillen | Motordyne | Uprev | CSF | Zspeed | Z1 Motorsports | AST | Swift | SPC | SPL | Whiteline | Hotchkis | Bride | Schroth | Robispec | Cusco | Nismo | Volk | Forgestar | Hoosier | RJM
'17 Titan Bone Stock

Last edited by gomer_110; 08-16-2015 at 09:16 PM.
gomer_110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 10:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 333
Drives: 2014 370z Nismo
Rep Power: 501
TriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond reputeTriNismo has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer_110 View Post
Do a search for the Robispec bar install. Should include 90% of what you are looking for. The other 10% can be found in the FSM.

Edit: Here you go: Robispec Harness Bar Install
Nice! Love this forum.. You guys are extremely helpful!
TriNismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Now a Ronin Samurai
 
Rusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Fayettenam,Pennsyltucky
Age: 65
Posts: 30,473
Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rep Power: 2684424
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer_110 View Post
Do a search for the Robispec bar install. Should include 90% of what you are looking for. The other 10% can be found in the FSM.

Edit: Here you go: Robispec Harness Bar Install
__________________
浪人 Group C Driver, After Mods-334HP-279Tor. STD.|F.I. LTH|CBE/12" Resonators|Stillen Gen3|285/35-19, 345/30-19 Mich PSS on 9.5x19 and 12x19 ForgeLine Rims, Nismo RC Brake Ducts,|UpRev Tuned|http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
90 ST's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,861
Drives: 90 and 15 GMC Sierra
Rep Power: 417
90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute90 ST has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I think in the audio section there is some videos stickyed that will help with panel removal also.
TriNismo likes this.
90 ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stealth Bazooka install plus powdercoated rear brace bar Mike Audio & Video 36 04-09-2014 08:09 PM
New install/removal of Bose Sub Riptide67 Audio & Video 5 02-14-2014 09:43 PM
DIY: JADE performance rear lower brace install (gt spec, lazer_z) lazer_Z DIY Section (Do-It-Yourself) 5 12-16-2013 04:45 AM
GTSPEC Rear Strut Brace and B Pillar Brace *** Coming in / Pre Order *** RavSpec Suspension/Brakes 18 08-27-2012 12:16 AM
Sport lip OEM removal/install tjlazer Exterior & Interior 2 03-26-2010 10:56 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2