Nissan 370Z Forum  

MISHIMOTO new 370z specific oil cooler w/video

Just updating this thread to announce the release of a thermostatic option for the Mishimoto 370Z direct fit oil cooler kit. Not only this but the kit can now be

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Engine & Drivetrain

Like Tree5Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 10:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
Base Member
 
Mishimoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 80
Drives: 370Z
Rep Power: 10
Mishimoto is on a distinguished road
Default

Just updating this thread to announce the release of a thermostatic option for the Mishimoto 370Z direct fit oil cooler kit. Not only this but the kit can now be purchased with a black or silver cooler. So if you are going for that stealth look, this is the kit for you.

Nissan 370Z Oil Cooler Kit & Infiniti G37 Oil Cooler Kit

Feel free to send any questions my way!

Thanks
__________________
Mishimoto Automotive
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Base Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 31
Drives: 40th
Rep Power: 13
clee078 is on a distinguished road
Default

I'm guessing some drilling will still be required to mount the core, similar to other kits? I think one hole is needed on the vertical piece in front to bolt the core, and another on the passenger side to route the lines.

Also - WRT to the thermostatic switch, would love thoughts on having the temperature set at 180 vs 200 (which I think is unique to your kit). Since the stock car runs at about 200 degrees, my thought is to have the switch set to 200 as well. Any advantage to setting the switch cooler?
clee078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:09 AM   #18 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Mandingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dallas
Posts: 624
Drives: '10 370z 6spd
Rep Power: 3367
Mandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Does the thermostatic plate come with the 185 degree thermostat? Maybe I missed it on the website
__________________
some mods
Mandingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
Base Member
 
Mishimoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 80
Drives: 370Z
Rep Power: 10
Mishimoto is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clee078 View Post
I'm guessing some drilling will still be required to mount the core, similar to other kits? I think one hole is needed on the vertical piece in front to bolt the core, and another on the passenger side to route the lines.

Also - WRT to the thermostatic switch, would love thoughts on having the temperature set at 180 vs 200 (which I think is unique to your kit). Since the stock car runs at about 200 degrees, my thought is to have the switch set to 200 as well. Any advantage to setting the switch cooler?
Drilling is not necessary when installing our kit. For cooler mounting we use existing holes on the radiator support and supply threaded clips and mounting hardware. The lines are routed around the radiator along with your power steering cooler lines.

Check out the full install here: Nissan 370Z, 2009+ / Infiniti G37, 2008+ (Coupe only) Oil Cooler Kit Installation Video - YouTube

Our engineers found that engine oil begins to flow efficiently around 180 degrees. Using our 185 degree thermostat ensures that the oil will not be cooled until this temperature was reached. This allows for normal warmup and extremely efficient cooling after that temperature is reached.

The 370Z has numerous cooling issues and limp mode is pretty easy to activate even while street driving. We were able to set off limp mode (280F) in our test vehicle rather quickly. With the Mishimoto oil cooler installed we were unable to do so and had fantastic cooling results.

Check out our engineering report for this kit: http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-...ringreport.pdf

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandingo View Post
Does the thermostatic plate come with the 185 degree thermostat? Maybe I missed it on the website
This is correct!
Mandingo likes this.
__________________
Mishimoto Automotive
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:13 AM   #20 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Mandingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dallas
Posts: 624
Drives: '10 370z 6spd
Rep Power: 3367
Mandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I know you have faith in the 19 row core and I'm sure it does keep the Z out of limp mode. However, I think a 25 row option might get more attention. I'd like to keep my oil temps below 250F pushing the car all out. I don't have much confidence that a 19 row can do that in 90-105 degree summer heat. In pictures and in spec sheets, it appears to have the same width, depth and fin density as other 19 row coolers that aren't cutting it for track use.

Is there any possibility of a larger core option in the future?
__________________
some mods
Mandingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #21 (permalink)
Base Member
 
Mishimoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 80
Drives: 370Z
Rep Power: 10
Mishimoto is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandingo View Post
I know you have faith in the 19 row core and I'm sure it does keep the Z out of limp mode. However, I think a 25 row option might get more attention. I'd like to keep my oil temps below 250F pushing the car all out. I don't have much confidence that a 19 row can do that in 90-105 degree summer heat. In pictures and in spec sheets, it appears to have the same width, depth and fin density as other 19 row coolers that aren't cutting it for track use.

Is there any possibility of a larger core option in the future?
I completely agree with you! We do have faith that our 19 row will handle oil temperature problems and we would like to offer a larger core for those of you who would prefer even further temperature protection.

We are working on a 25 row cooler that will hit shelves this summer and soon after we will be investigating its fitment into our direct fit oil cooler line. We will have to make modifications to the current 370Z kit to accommodate the larger core but we will certainly be doing test fitting. I am unable to provide an exact or estimated date but I will do my best to keep the community up to date!

Thanks for the feedback Mandingo.
Mandingo, JARblue and Gianni like this.
__________________
Mishimoto Automotive

Last edited by Mishimoto; 05-24-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
Track Member
 
red2010z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Texas/North Carolina
Age: 35
Posts: 587
Drives: '10 Red B/S/M
Rep Power: 9
red2010z is on a distinguished road
Default

You guys should really do your research in Humid extremely hot states. IE Texas. In El Paso I would not recommend nothing below a 25 row. Z1 has a good cooler. Simple Install.
__________________
AGENCY K&N SWIFT CSF EVO-R VOSSEN MICHELIN Z1 JVC ZENCLOSURE JLW3 JVC
red2010z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #23 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
tiger123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 367
Drives: 09 AT Tour/Sport/Nav
Rep Power: 10
tiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud oftiger123 has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
I completely agree with you! We do have faith that our 19 row will handle oil temperature problems and we would like to offer a larger core for those of you who would prefer even further temperature protection.

We are working on a 19 row cooler that will hit shelves this summer and soon after we will be investigating its fitment into our direct fit oil cooler line. We will have to make modifications to the current 370Z kit to accommodate the larger core but we will certainly be doing test fitting. I am unable to provide an exact or estimated date but I will do my best to keep the community up to date!

Thanks for the feedback Mandingo.
John, I am sure you meant to say you are working on a 25 or 34 row cooler.

After it's release this summer, do you expect the price to come down on the 19 row cooler? I do not plan to ever track my Z, but I am very interested in protecting the engine/oil especially during the Summer Months.

I would love to get a Mishimoto 19 row Oil Cooler but the cost is very high at this time. There are other, less expensive, alternatives for 19 row coolers out there.
Mandingo likes this.
__________________
G2||Berk CBE/HFC||LED In-Out||35% Tint||V1||GT-R Dome Lights||JDM Rear Fog Light||Z Speed Undershroud (SS)||Red GT-R Start Button||StopTech Rotors||Project MU||Z1 Oil Cooler||EcuTek||
tiger123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:20 AM   #24 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Mandingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dallas
Posts: 624
Drives: '10 370z 6spd
Rep Power: 3367
Mandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond reputeMandingo has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
I completely agree with you! We do have faith that our 19 row will handle oil temperature problems and we would like to offer a larger core for those of you who would prefer even further temperature protection.

We are working on a 19 row cooler that will hit shelves this summer and soon after we will be investigating its fitment into our direct fit oil cooler line. We will have to make modifications to the current 370Z kit to accommodate the larger core but we will certainly be doing test fitting. I am unable to provide an exact or estimated date but I will do my best to keep the community up to date!

Thanks for the feedback Mandingo.
Thanks for the response John! I'm assuming you meant to type '25 row cooler' in the second paragraph. That or a 34 row will surely help battle the heat
__________________
some mods
Mandingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #25 (permalink)
Base Member
 
Mishimoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 80
Drives: 370Z
Rep Power: 10
Mishimoto is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red2010z View Post
You guys should really do your research in Humid extremely hot states. IE Texas. In El Paso I would not recommend nothing below a 25 row. Z1 has a good cooler. Simple Install.
Thanks! We will certainly do our best to get the most accurate data when testing. If testing occurs this summer we should be able to select a date when high temperatures are expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger123 View Post
John, I am sure you meant to say you are working on a 25 or 34 row cooler.

After it's release this summer, do you expect the price to come down on the 19 row cooler? I do not plan to ever track my Z, but I am very interested in protecting the engine/oil especially during the Summer Months.

I would love to get a Mishimoto 19 row Oil Cooler but the cost is very high at this time. There are other, less expensive, alternatives for 19 row coolers out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandingo View Post
Thanks for the response John! I'm assuming you meant to type '25 row cooler' in the second paragraph. That or a 34 row will surely help battle the heat
My mistake guys! Thanks for pointing that out. I did intend to type 25 row. I am not 100% positive on how pricing will be effected with the release of a new kit. It is still a bit out on the schedule so once we get a bit closer I should be able to provide more details.
__________________
Mishimoto Automotive
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mishimoto 370z Silicone Air Intake Hose Kit @ IIR FREE SHIPPING!********************* ImportImage Exhaust/Intake 201 08-26-2014 10:27 PM
USDM-Specific AMUSE 370Z Exhaust Information 370Ztune Intake/Exhaust 12 08-15-2011 05:51 PM
Looking for info sources on CAN/OBD Modes and PIDs (especially 370Z-specific) SouthArk370Z Tuning 1 04-13-2011 08:14 PM
The best way to get a specific 11 model? papashango Nissan 370Z Pricing / Ordering Discussions 1 12-02-2010 01:47 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2