View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
Mishimoto
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
Mishimoto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clee078 View Post
I'm guessing some drilling will still be required to mount the core, similar to other kits? I think one hole is needed on the vertical piece in front to bolt the core, and another on the passenger side to route the lines.

Also - WRT to the thermostatic switch, would love thoughts on having the temperature set at 180 vs 200 (which I think is unique to your kit). Since the stock car runs at about 200 degrees, my thought is to have the switch set to 200 as well. Any advantage to setting the switch cooler?
Drilling is not necessary when installing our kit. For cooler mounting we use existing holes on the radiator support and supply threaded clips and mounting hardware. The lines are routed around the radiator along with your power steering cooler lines.

Check out the full install here: Nissan 370Z, 2009+ / Infiniti G37, 2008+ (Coupe only) Oil Cooler Kit Installation Video - YouTube

Our engineers found that engine oil begins to flow efficiently around 180 degrees. Using our 185 degree thermostat ensures that the oil will not be cooled until this temperature was reached. This allows for normal warmup and extremely efficient cooling after that temperature is reached.

The 370Z has numerous cooling issues and limp mode is pretty easy to activate even while street driving. We were able to set off limp mode (280F) in our test vehicle rather quickly. With the Mishimoto oil cooler installed we were unable to do so and had fantastic cooling results.

Check out our engineering report for this kit: http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-...ringreport.pdf

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandingo View Post
Does the thermostatic plate come with the 185 degree thermostat? Maybe I missed it on the website
This is correct!