Nissan 370Z Forum  

2016 370z...

Any rumors on whether the 2015 style will be the last one of its kind? Rumors that the redesigned "370Z" will come in 2016? Really want that black NISMO tech

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > General > Nissan 370Z General Discussions

Like Tree180Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2014, 08:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Track Member
 
Slynky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: McDonough, GA
Posts: 595
Drives: 2010 Red 370Z T/S/N
Rep Power: 9
Slynky will become famous soon enough
Default 2016 370z...

Any rumors on whether the 2015 style will be the last one of its kind? Rumors that the redesigned "370Z" will come in 2016?

Really want that black NISMO tech model but can't afford it this year...
__________________

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Slynky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Boost by stickers
 
mishuko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: bouncin on tigga
Posts: 7,092
Drives: '12 Z
Rep Power: 738
mishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond repute
Default

need to get this thread locked because there have been 0 press releases and no confirmations from Nissan about a 'potential redesign'

all speculation.




so to help speed this along... did you know the automatic sucks? I heard that it drops ~17% of the flywheel power... talk about unacceptable!
mishuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Base Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Virginia
Posts: 172
Drives: 370Z NISMO Tech
Rep Power: 4
Nargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishuko View Post
...there have been 0 press releases and no confirmations from Nissan about a 'potential redesign'

all speculation.
Pretty much. Nissan is also rather good at keeping secrets these days.

Personally -- and this is my opinion -- I think Nissan will keep the current 370Z NISMO for another year, so they can milk that last bit of $$$ for whatever it cost them to make that new bodykit -- and give additional time to develop the upcoming new Z design.

I've read unconfirmed rumors -- mostly from this site -- that a Nissan rep claimed there would be a final RS version of the current 370Z NISMO with an actual engine modification. Personally I don't believe that will happen because:

#1: It will increase the cost of what many already consider an expensive overpriced sports car.

#2: The HP boost won't be better than what someone could do with aftermarket products for the same price increase.

#3: The boost wouldn't be impressive on paper to mainstream American buyers, because of the "HP War" that's getting a lot of market attention.

I'm sure hardcore Z owners would switch up for a 370Z with turbo improvement... but that's aiming for a niche group in an already niche group. Plus I've heard this RS version rumor ever since the 370Z was released, because the 350Z got an actual RS version (and then later the Juke). If it happens, great... but I wouldn't hold my breath...

Either way... just wait. The Z is not a car that's in low stock. The "rarity" of the 2015 NISMO is due to it just being released. American deliveries have only occurred in the last 3 months. Plus Nissan is being a little stingy with dealer allotments. Give it another 12 months. Won't flood the market... but there will be a good number of them sitting around, just like the 2014 NISMO right now. Plus all 370Z will get a huge price drop if and when the new Z comes out -- assuming you'd still want the outgoing model, after seeing all the goodies and love the incoming model will have.

Last edited by Nargrakhan; 11-20-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Nargrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Hangin' onto summer
 
jpkirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Merry Land
Posts: 5,515
Drives: '14 MidBlu ST MT
Rep Power: 3368
jpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishuko View Post
so to help speed this along... did you know the automatic sucks? I heard that it drops ~17% of the flywheel power... talk about unacceptable!
Oil? I here there is great controversy on what oil to use? Is Dino oil sufficient?

Thoughts?


__________________

intake | exhaust | wheels | tires | suspension ... um ... stock, do speed stickers count?
intake | exhaust | TE37 SL | RE-11 | suspension ... um ... do speed stickers count? Signature under construction
jpkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Track Member
 
Slynky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: McDonough, GA
Posts: 595
Drives: 2010 Red 370Z T/S/N
Rep Power: 9
Slynky will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishuko View Post
need to get this thread locked because there have been 0 press releases and no confirmations from Nissan about a 'potential redesign'

all speculation.




so to help speed this along... did you know the automatic sucks? I heard that it drops ~17% of the flywheel power... talk about unacceptable!
Not sure why the thread should be locked... lots of threads around that discuss things and rumors and speculation.

Hadn't heard it drops 17% WOW ! The auto in the regular Z has good reviews...wonder why it would be different for the NISMO.
__________________

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Slynky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Track Member
 
Slynky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: McDonough, GA
Posts: 595
Drives: 2010 Red 370Z T/S/N
Rep Power: 9
Slynky will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nargrakhan View Post
Pretty much. Nissan is also rather good at keeping secrets these days.

Personally -- and this is my opinion -- I think Nissan will keep the current 370Z NISMO for another year, so they can milk that last bit of $$$ for whatever it cost them to make that new bodykit -- and give additional time to develop the upcoming new Z design.

I've read unconfirmed rumors -- mostly from this site -- that a Nissan rep claimed there would be a final RS version of the current 370Z NISMO with an actual engine modification. Personally I don't believe that will happen because:

#1: It will increase the cost of what many already consider an expensive overpriced sports car.

#2: The HP boost won't be better than what someone could do with aftermarket products for the same price increase.

#3: The boost wouldn't be impressive on paper to mainstream American buyers, because of the "HP War" that's getting a lot of market attention.

I'm sure hardcore Z owners would switch up for a 370Z with turbo improvement... but that's aiming for a niche group in an already niche group. Plus I've heard this RS version rumor ever since the 370Z was released, because the 350Z got an actual RS version (and then later the Juke). If it happens, great... but I wouldn't hold my breath...

Either way... just wait. The Z is not a car that's in low stock. The "rarity" of the 2015 NISMO is due to it just being released. American deliveries have only occurred in the last 3 months. Plus Nissan is being a little stingy with dealer allotments. Give it another 12 months. Won't flood the market... but there will be a good number of them sitting around, just like the 2014 NISMO right now. Plus all 370Z will get a huge price drop if and when the new Z comes out -- assuming you'd still want the outgoing model, after seeing all the goodies and love the incoming model will have.
I enjoyed your speculation and thanks.

You make some good points.

From what I've read--speculation--and seen--more speculation--I don't like what I'm hearing about the redesign. Smaller engine with possible turbo option to get the HP back up. And some of the sketchy ideas on what it will look like don't look promising...but that's all speculation.

Thanks for your lengthy reply.
__________________

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Slynky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Boost by stickers
 
mishuko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: bouncin on tigga
Posts: 7,092
Drives: '12 Z
Rep Power: 738
mishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpkirk View Post
Oil? I here there is great controversy on what oil to use? Is Dino oil sufficient?

Thoughts?


no.. do not use dino oil. i prefer to use cannoil but depending on the budget extra virgin olive oil... it breaks down so much better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slynky View Post
Not sure why the thread should be locked... lots of threads around that discuss things and rumors and speculation.

Hadn't heard it drops 17% WOW ! The auto in the regular Z has good reviews...wonder why it would be different for the NISMO.
because they all turn into a 'wishlist' of how each person wants their glove custom fit. Someone wants the frill, another wants lace, another wants frilly lace...

but more serious note, the auto's are getting more efficient in keeping the flywheel power (older mt vs at debates you could definitely attribute less loss on a mt) but now technology is evening out the field... i wouldn't be surprised if the 'new' model comes out without a manual like the ge-re-tard (i love it though...)
mishuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
osbornsm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: WHAT
Posts: 2,159
Drives: 2011 370z - PW
Rep Power: 70
osbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond reputeosbornsm has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpkirk View Post
Oil? I here there is great controversy on what oil to use? Is Dino oil sufficient?

Thoughts?




__________________
2011 370z Pearl White on Forgestars | Bride Stradia II | Z1 25-row Oil Cooler | Fast Intentions Cat-Back Unres | DBA 5000 Rotors | Stillen Brake Ducting | Kenwood Head w/ JL thump | #driverMod
osbornsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Presto
 
FPenvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 33,515
Drives: 09 370z MB S/T/N 7AT
Rep Power: 273
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishuko View Post
need to get this thread locked because there have been 0 press releases and no confirmations from Nissan about a 'potential redesign'

all speculation.




so to help speed this along... did you know the automatic sucks? I heard that it drops ~17% of the flywheel power... talk about unacceptable!
thats sad for you guys since my AT still has more HP than most 6MTs on here
FLUJOKE, jpkirk, watson853 and 1 others like this.
__________________
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
grandpawmoses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northport, Alabama
Age: 73
Posts: 1,398
Drives: a hard bargain
Rep Power: 19
grandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond reputegrandpawmoses has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishuko View Post
no.. do not use dino oil. i prefer to use cannoil but depending on the budget extra virgin olive oil... it breaks down so much better!
Plus it makes the fries taste nasty...
jpkirk likes this.
grandpawmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
Wonka2581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 2,934
Drives: MY WIFE CRAZY....
Rep Power: 14
Wonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpkirk View Post
Oil? I here there is great controversy on what oil to use? Is Dino oil sufficient?

Thoughts?


jpkirk likes this.
__________________
"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat""Winston Churchill"
Wonka2581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Boost by stickers
 
mishuko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: bouncin on tigga
Posts: 7,092
Drives: '12 Z
Rep Power: 738
mishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond reputemishuko has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
thats sad for you guys since my AT still has more HP than most 6MTs on here
99% of us can't use a pansy exhaust!
mishuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
Presto
 
FPenvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 33,515
Drives: 09 370z MB S/T/N 7AT
Rep Power: 273
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishuko View Post
99% of us can't use a pansy exhaust!
you couldnt handle the powahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!


or this D.


FLUJOKE likes this.
__________________
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
Track Member
 
falconfixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 10aC
Posts: 978
Drives: Taco
Rep Power: 69
falconfixer has a reputation beyond reputefalconfixer has a reputation beyond reputefalconfixer has a reputation beyond reputefalconfixer has a reputation beyond reputefalconfixer has a reputation beyond reputefalconfixer has a reputation beyond reputefalconfixer has a reputation beyond reputefalconfixer has a reputation beyond reputefalconfixer has a reputation beyond reputefalconfixer has a reputation beyond reputefalconfixer has a reputation beyond repute
Default

ibtl
falconfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 11:09 AM   #15 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
TerribleONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Socal
Posts: 9,780
Drives: WOT
Rep Power: 218
TerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Not again...


Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
thats sad for you guys since my AT still has more HP than most 6MTs on here
You just had to huh?
FLUJOKE likes this.
__________________
638WHP 541WTQ @ 13.5PSI
Build thread
TerribleONE is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2016 mazda mx-5 sunkist350z Other Vehicles 32 10-29-2016 11:31 AM
2016 z Elmo370z Engine & Drivetrain 1 11-13-2014 11:27 AM
370Z For Sale Toronto - Nissan 370z - 45k KM - AT: $27,800 with full warranty until Aug 2016 zagazao 370Z For Sale 5 04-18-2014 07:43 AM
2016 GTR concept sunkist350z Other Vehicles 21 02-10-2014 12:51 PM
370Z For Sale 09 370z, Brilliant Silver, 40K, Warranty until 100k/dec 2016 Zenki370 370Z For Sale 2 11-13-2012 06:00 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2