Thread: 2016 370z...
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 08:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Nargrakhan
Base Member

Drives: Nothing
Nargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of lightNargrakhan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishuko View Post
...there have been 0 press releases and no confirmations from Nissan about a 'potential redesign'

all speculation.
Pretty much. Nissan is also rather good at keeping secrets these days.

Personally -- and this is my opinion -- I think Nissan will keep the current 370Z NISMO for another year, so they can milk that last bit of $$$ for whatever it cost them to make that new bodykit -- and give additional time to develop the upcoming new Z design.

I've read unconfirmed rumors -- mostly from this site -- that a Nissan rep claimed there would be a final RS version of the current 370Z NISMO with an actual engine modification. Personally I don't believe that will happen because:

#1: It will increase the cost of what many already consider an expensive overpriced sports car.

#2: The HP boost won't be better than what someone could do with aftermarket products for the same price increase.

#3: The boost wouldn't be impressive on paper to mainstream American buyers, because of the "HP War" that's getting a lot of market attention.

I'm sure hardcore Z owners would switch up for a 370Z with turbo improvement... but that's aiming for a niche group in an already niche group. Plus I've heard this RS version rumor ever since the 370Z was released, because the 350Z got an actual RS version (and then later the Juke). If it happens, great... but I wouldn't hold my breath...

Either way... just wait. The Z is not a car that's in low stock. The "rarity" of the 2015 NISMO is due to it just being released. American deliveries have only occurred in the last 3 months. Plus Nissan is being a little stingy with dealer allotments. Give it another 12 months. Won't flood the market... but there will be a good number of them sitting around, just like the 2014 NISMO right now. Plus all 370Z will get a huge price drop if and when the new Z comes out -- assuming you'd still want the outgoing model, after seeing all the goodies and love the incoming model will have.

Last edited by Nargrakhan; 11-20-2014 at 08:44 AM.
Nargrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote