Nissan 370Z Forum  

Door chime after turning off engine?

Hey all, quick question as itís been a few months since Iíve driven my 370Z and I want to confirm something... Letís assume that your Z has Auto headlights ON,

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z General Area > Nissan 370Z General Discussions

Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By FPenvy
  • 1 Post By JDotCDot
  • 1 Post By JM1911
  • 1 Post By JM1911
  • 1 Post By Benibiker

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2018, 01:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member
 
JDotCDot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 33
Drives: 16 Nismo / 18 STI
Rep Power: 7
JDotCDot is on a distinguished road
Default Door chime after turning off engine?

Hey all, quick question as itís been a few months since Iíve driven my 370Z and I want to confirm something...

Letís assume that your Z has Auto headlights ON, you park in a space and turn off the engine. When you open the door, does your car start chiming (ďbeepbeepbeep, beepbeepbeepĒ)? If so, and with the door still open, if you turn the lights to OFF, does it continue to chime?

Mine seems to continue chiming until I close the door, which Iím not sure is normal or not. Even if I turn the lights to OFF before turning off the engine, the car still chimes when opening the door and only stops when I close it. Is this normal?

Any insight would be helpful, thanks!!
JDotCDot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 01:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Presto
 
FPenvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 38,495
Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
Rep Power: 1375237
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDotCDot View Post
Hey all, quick question as it’s been a few months since I’ve driven my 370Z and I want to confirm something...

Let’s assume that your Z has Auto headlights ON, you park in a space and turn off the engine. When you open the door, does your car start chiming (“beepbeepbeep, beepbeepbeep”)? If so, and with the door still open, if you turn the lights to OFF, does it continue to chime?

Mine seems to continue chiming until I close the door, which I’m not sure is normal or not. Even if I turn the lights to OFF before turning off the engine, the car still chimes when opening the door and only stops when I close it. Is this normal?

Any insight would be helpful, thanks!!

mine only does that if door is open prior to engine turning off. then it will beep until shut.

my lights are on auto as well. ive never had the beeps if i shut the engine off before opening the door. the lights dont make a difference if theyre on auto. that wont make it beep.
__________________
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 04:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Base Member
 
JDotCDot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 33
Drives: 16 Nismo / 18 STI
Rep Power: 7
JDotCDot is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
mine only does that if door is open prior to engine turning off. then it will beep until shut.

my lights are on auto as well. ive never had the beeps if i shut the engine off before opening the door. the lights dont make a difference if theyre on auto. that wont make it beep.
Hmm... just as I suspected. I guess Iíll have to get this fixed. Thanks for the information, really appreciate it!!
Don-MT likes this.
JDotCDot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 11:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Base Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Southern California
Posts: 7
Drives: 2015 Nismo 370Z
Rep Power: 7
JM1911 is on a distinguished road
Default

I will have to go outside and try this to verify, but Im pretty sure that is normal. There are a couple of different series of actions that can cause this to happen that have nothing to do with your lights. Ill take a video of the one I believe you are referring to which usually is set off depending on what power setting the car is in when youre exiting the vehicle. IE - being able to roll the windows down vs being able to use the stereo.


****UPDATE****

https://vimeo.com/267258038

Not the best video but I recreated what I feel like might be the chime you are experiencing. My lights are on auto throughout the whole video. On occasion, I leave my car in this setting when getting out of the vehicle and it chimes to let you know that "lite-power" is on versus full "aux-power" which allows you to use all the electrical systems. It shuts itself off but does chime when you shut the door. This is perfectly normal if this is what you are experiencing.

Anyways, hope this helps!
JDotCDot likes this.

Last edited by JM1911; 04-30-2018 at 11:59 AM.
JM1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Base Member
 
JDotCDot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 33
Drives: 16 Nismo / 18 STI
Rep Power: 7
JDotCDot is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM1911 View Post
I will have to go outside and try this to verify, but Im pretty sure that is normal. There are a couple of different series of actions that can cause this to happen that have nothing to do with your lights. Ill take a video of the one I believe you are referring to which usually is set off depending on what power setting the car is in when youre exiting the vehicle. IE - being able to roll the windows down vs being able to use the stereo.


****UPDATE****

https://vimeo.com/267258038

Not the best video but I recreated what I feel like might be the chime you are experiencing. My lights are on auto throughout the whole video. On occasion, I leave my car in this setting when getting out of the vehicle and it chimes to let you know that "lite-power" is on versus full "aux-power" which allows you to use all the electrical systems. It shuts itself off but does chime when you shut the door. This is perfectly normal if this is what you are experiencing.

Anyways, hope this helps!
Hey I really appreciate you taking the time to film all of that, as well as providing some insight! It's very interesting that there are multiple cases for the chiming... even for myself I noticed that it would do the chime and other times it wouldn't. I guess I'll keep it as it is now, based on your explanation. Just really weird that it was something that I didn't notice until now!
JDotCDot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 01:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Base Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Southern California
Posts: 7
Drives: 2015 Nismo 370Z
Rep Power: 7
JM1911 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDotCDot View Post
Hey I really appreciate you taking the time to film all of that, as well as providing some insight! It's very interesting that there are multiple cases for the chiming... even for myself I noticed that it would do the chime and other times it wouldn't. I guess I'll keep it as it is now, based on your explanation. Just really weird that it was something that I didn't notice until now!
No problem! I just like to tell myself that it's yelling at me to get back in the car and drive more.
JDotCDot likes this.
JM1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Base Member
 
Benibiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Honolulu Hawaii
Posts: 235
Drives: Red 17 370Z Touring
Rep Power: 13
Benibiker will become famous soon enough
Default

Mine chimes at different times at engine shutdown too. I'm not sure if it's because of the headlights or I do something different at shutdown but it doesn't always do it so when it does I'm like huh?
JDotCDot likes this.
__________________

2017 Pure Red 6MT 370Z Touring
Benibiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 04:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Base Member
 
JDotCDot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 33
Drives: 16 Nismo / 18 STI
Rep Power: 7
JDotCDot is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benibiker View Post
Mine chimes at different times at engine shutdown too. I'm not sure if it's because of the headlights or I do something different at shutdown but it doesn't always do it so when it does I'm like huh?
Hah! Very interesting. Good to know I'm not alone!
JDotCDot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 06:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Base Member
 
Benibiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Honolulu Hawaii
Posts: 235
Drives: Red 17 370Z Touring
Rep Power: 13
Benibiker will become famous soon enough
Default

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/13/b...T.nav=top-news This might be why we get that chime. If you open your door with the engine running it'll chime and keep chiming after you turn the engine off and close the door. The car will also beep as you walk away with the engine running and you have your key in your pocket.
__________________

2017 Pure Red 6MT 370Z Touring
Benibiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Intelligent Key System Door Request Chime? jagentbond DIY Section (Do-It-Yourself) 5 10-27-2019 07:12 PM
Door Button Chime/Chirp tiny issue EndyKwon Nissan 370Z General Discussions 10 05-02-2016 08:34 PM
Door mounted lock/unlock button doesn't chime gh0st3794 Nissan 370Z General Discussions 2 05-01-2012 01:32 AM
door chime for kenwood dnx6140 wowdusk DIY Section (Do-It-Yourself) 1 08-03-2009 02:04 AM
Noise after turning car off and opening door Cypress Nissan 370Z General Discussions 20 05-27-2009 09:54 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2