View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 11:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
JDotCDot
Base Member

Drives: 16 Nismo / 18 STI
JDotCDot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM1911 View Post
I will have to go outside and try this to verify, but Im pretty sure that is normal. There are a couple of different series of actions that can cause this to happen that have nothing to do with your lights. Ill take a video of the one I believe you are referring to which usually is set off depending on what power setting the car is in when youre exiting the vehicle. IE - being able to roll the windows down vs being able to use the stereo.

****UPDATE****

https://vimeo.com/267258038

Not the best video but I recreated what I feel like might be the chime you are experiencing. My lights are on auto throughout the whole video. On occasion, I leave my car in this setting when getting out of the vehicle and it chimes to let you know that "lite-power" is on versus full "aux-power" which allows you to use all the electrical systems. It shuts itself off but does chime when you shut the door. This is perfectly normal if this is what you are experiencing.

Anyways, hope this helps!
Hey I really appreciate you taking the time to film all of that, as well as providing some insight! It's very interesting that there are multiple cases for the chiming... even for myself I noticed that it would do the chime and other times it wouldn't. I guess I'll keep it as it is now, based on your explanation. Just really weird that it was something that I didn't notice until now!
JDotCDot is offline   Reply With Quote