Nissan 370Z Forum  

Is Duraflex as bad as people say?

Hi everyone! I just had a question about Duraflex. I head alot of people saying they are garbage and to go Urethane. But then I have just as many people

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Exterior & Interior

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By DEpointfive0
  • 1 Post By DEpointfive0
  • 2 Post By Mitco39

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 2013 370Z Sports
luclinraider is on a distinguished road
Default Is Duraflex as bad as people say?

Hi everyone!

I just had a question about Duraflex. I head alot of people saying they are garbage and to go Urethane. But then I have just as many people telling me they are quality parts that are as good as you will get without going Urethane. Of course the adv being they are 1/5 the price.

I guess my quandary is the fact that I actually really like the Duraflex GT Rear Bumper and Fender/Air Ducts but I don't wanna end up getting it just to have a nightmare of a time in fitting or have it crack. Also, as far as Urethane goes, alot of the kits I have seen just don't look that great to me, especially when you're pumping out 2k a piece.

If anyone has any personal experience with Duraflex, or has their own preference with some pics, any advice would be great!

Thanks so much for the help guys!

-Luclin
luclinraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite Member

Drives: 14 PW 370Z S/T MT
cooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond repute

Get the Shine auto. You'll spend more money on making the Duraflex fit right.
cooltoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltoy View Post
Get the Shine auto. You'll spend more money on making the Duraflex fit right.
There's a member in Canadia who just bought a duraflex kit and liked it, said it fit pretty well.
And isn't duraflex supposed to take a beating? Their ads show people hitting it and bending it and such
wheee! likes this.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Member

cooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm.... Which kit? Amuse replica?
Old 12-26-2013, 09:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltoy View Post
Hmmm.... Which kit? Amuse replica?
Yessir
The owner has a black cherry with an HIS exhaust and he has the afterburner tips
wheee! likes this.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: MY WIFE CRAZY....
Wonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go...

Z34 370Z Spec-A Full Aero | Shine Auto Project
Old 12-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute

Mr Wheeeeeeee.... haha This is the guy with the kit. Pictures are at the back of his journal.

wheee!'s Journal - RoZy
wheee! and DEpointfive0 like this.
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Elite Member

Lets see how the install goes.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 2014 Nissan Z Nismo
Fearless_Z is on a distinguished road

I purchased Duraflex's Veilside V3 Widebody kit for my 350z...lets just say...i'll never buy another one of their products. Fitment isnt just bad, its absolutely horrible and as far as durability, i scrapped one time and the whole bumper flexed like cardboard, cracking the paint everywhere, all across it. A few scrapes and you'll have a nice hole but thats just my experience though. Maybe i just got a bad batch? :/
Fearless_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 93 rx7
Zensation is a jewel in the roughZensation is a jewel in the roughZensation is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless_Z View Post
I purchased Duraflex's Veilside V3 Widebody kit for my 350z...lets just say...i'll never buy another one of their products. Fitment isnt just bad, its absolutely horrible and as far as durability, i scrapped one time and the whole bumper flexed like cardboard, cracking the paint everywhere, all across it. A few scrapes and you'll have a nice hole but thats just my experience though. Maybe i just got a bad batch? :/
They said the duraflex would take a beating not that the paint would take a beating haha. Hit a curb ever in anything and your gonna wish you hadnt. Duraflex has more ability to conform if it isnt perfectly molded you can manipulate it with a heat gun as well. But its pros can be its cons too.
Zensation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 2014 Nissan Z Nismo
Fearless_Z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensation View Post
They said the duraflex would take a beating not that the paint would take a beating haha. Hit a curb ever in anything and your gonna wish you hadnt. Duraflex has more ability to conform if it isnt perfectly molded you can manipulate it with a heat gun as well. But its pros can be its cons too.
Yes, that's pretty obvious but your really not catching what I'm saying...you'd have to experience it to understand. I can scrape the bumper on my car now and my paint won't crack all the way to the other side of the bumper, lol. I re-inforced the duraflex bumper and even just driving down the road, the bumper itself flexs and the paint cracks...but I'm just trying to give some advice. Do what you will.
Fearless_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '13 PW Fairlady Z
Amuse370z will become famous soon enough

Do NOT get the Duraflex, do a little research yourself, but the design is not an exact replica copy of Amuse, you'll regret it. Thats before even taking the fitment into consideration.
Amuse370z is offline   Reply With Quote