View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 09:59 AM   #780 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKarmaJoe View Post
Some on forum say they got to get car on ramps and adjust every 2nd fill-up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I'd be interested to see a link to someone on this forum saying it requires adjustments every 2nd fill up. Because that is bogus.
Quote:
read it on The370ZForum when I first looked through the forum for help with my clutch issues and a member posted his experience with the CSC slave elimination kit.
WHERE DID YOU READ THIS? I was asking for a link to their post because they are spreading misinformation

Quote:
That didn't turn me off of the product though. What turned me off the product was the last paragraph from sellers Site when you view the slave elimination kit; ""Strongly Recommended: Please view a complete copy of the Installation Manual for the __ Motorsports Concentric Slave Cylinder Elimination Kit, PDF Installation Manual document available for download Here. Proper installation and adjustment of this kit will require end-user mechanical aptitude. Because of the very narrow window in which this product was designed to function as a bolt on solution, this product may require adjustment through the life of the clutch." -
That is just a standard disclaimer. The slave elimination kit functions in a very narrow window because the cylinder length is static once installed. Removing one bolt/nut and loosening two nuts allows you to extend the cylinder as needed to account for clutch wear. The clutch wear limit is only a few millimeters, so that is all you will be adjusting it over the life of the clutch. I won't profess to know exactly how much one turn extends the cylinder, but if a 1/2 turn is all that is needed every 10-12K miles (based on my personal experience) then my guess is that one turn adjusts the cylinder length about half a millimeter.

The process of the adjustment is quite simple. If you can get the car on jack stands and can use a wrench, you have enough mechanical aptitude to do the adjustment. The fact that you are all hung up on the generic Z1 disclaimer language and not on the fact that someone said it has to be adjusted every other time you fill up with gas (which is just flat out stupid) would leave me to believe that you have ulterior motives I'm not suggesting this is the case; I am just telling you that is the impression that you are giving

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote