View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 10:49 AM   #295 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
I'm not arguing either. I just know its the dyno. Megan got 68hp NA. That puts me at $32 . So I win haha. I don't have it either and never would! That's just insane. I'd build my own like I have before. Way I see turbo kits is a few grand for turbos and parts then you end up paying several thousand for the pipe. Just a rip.

I'll keep on it. It can't not show results. Increase air, increase power. Simple as that.
well that 68whp as cost me a lot !
if you take in consideration the amount of time involved in what work and what didn't and redo the test later on to confirm .. it was an expensive one.

I had an edge in the beginning until I blew the engine now that 60+whp is common using normal pump gas and using the right bolt-on available parts.

with all the side cost involve in each mod, the price can get high
so far my estimate is like this
custom CAI 1500$
Oversized TB 625 $
HR intake manifold ( 150$ ) (not good for peak HP )
crank pulley 250$
custom PPE lth 1500$
x-pipe and muffler 1500$
Uprev software 700$

total 6225 for 68whp in the end which mean 1 hp / 92.54$
I could have used cheaper part to make the setup drop 1000$ from the total can bring the Hp/$ ratio down to 76.84$/hp

it could have been cheaper if I was in the US but the shipping cost is a lot thru the border.

that 68whp isn't the minimum that platform can gain and as I said , I believe seeing another 20whp is quite possible still using pump gas 91/93.
I didn't had the VHR intake manifold ported like Z1 started to do after I did showed how badly the intake runner were matching up.