Nissan 370Z Forum

Nissan 370Z Forum (http://www.the370z.com/)
-   ZCON 2010 (http://www.the370z.com/zcon-2010/)
-   -   Thank you to Chris Karl and Z1 Motorsports (http://www.the370z.com/zcon-2010/23328-thank-you-chris-karl-z1-motorsports.html)

Robert_Nash 11-01-2010 07:23 PM

:ugh2: Maybe this will help?

6th Gen.
#70 1st - TBD
(wrong # on card)
2nd - Z1
Motorsports,
#6001
3rd - Bob
Armentrout,


From: Z Car Club Association - 40th Anniversary of the Z.** July 28 - August 1, 2010 in Nashville, TN



zinistr 11-01-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:


6th Gen.
#70 1st - TBD
(wrong # on card)
2nd - Z1
Motorsports,
#6001
3rd - Bob
Armentrout,


Not sure. Have a message into Josh to understand his question and try to help...

Robert_Nash 11-02-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinistr (Post 791750)
Not sure. Have a message into Josh to understand his question and try to help...

I'm sure Josh will appreciate an answer and I hope he'll post the reply here.

In the meantime, I think it worth asking why the first place for 370Z in the People's Choice show hasn't been awarded yet (or at least why the website hasn't been update with that information)?

Robert_Nash 11-07-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevr6 (Post 790556)
OK, I'll keep an eye out.

Hey Kevin...anything received or any word from anyone this past week?

kevr6 11-07-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_Nash (Post 800148)
Hey Kevin...anything received or any word from anyone this past week?

Negative!! Nothing received! :(

Robert_Nash 11-08-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevr6 (Post 800477)
Negative!! Nothing received! :(

I'm surprised. :shakes head:

kevr6 11-14-2010 07:59 PM

Still nothing!

Robert_Nash 11-15-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevr6 (Post 809420)
Still nothing!

Well I'm shocked and appalled...well not that shocked and since I've already been appalled over and over again at what they've done/not done up until now; such actions are almost a non-issue now as well! Obviously the boys at ZCCA are addressing this with their usual sense of urgency. :shakes head:

I'm wondering at this point if you wish you had chosen a different title for this thread??? :)

HKYStormFront 11-15-2010 10:10 AM

maybe they'll give them to you at the opening ceremonies next year... :stirthepot:

Robert_Nash 11-15-2010 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKYStormFront (Post 809963)
maybe they'll give them to you at the opening ceremonies next year... :stirthepot:

I hope he is smart enough not to give ZCCA another chance to screw him. There are plenty of great, non-ZCCA events around worthy of support/atendance.

Besides, as the saying goes..."fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me"!. :)

NIZMOZ 11-15-2010 11:44 AM

<shakes head> at the cry baby (Mr. Nash)

I guess people seem to forget that everyone who ran that convention have real full time jobs and the ZCCA is a side thing. Even though it has taken them a while, they are working on it.

Give it a break dude. Grow up. Everyone is tired of your bickering. And at least you can't close this topic like you have all of your other ones so you can have the last say even when locked.

Robert_Nash 11-15-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIZMOZ (Post 810125)
<shakes head> at the cry baby (Mr. Nash)

I guess people seem to forget that everyone who ran that convention have real full time jobs and the ZCCA is a side thing. Even though it has taken them a while, they are working on it.

Give it a break dude. Grow up. Everyone is tired of your bickering. And at least you can't close this topic like you have all of your other ones so you can have the last say even when locked.

So...you speak for everyone now? When were you appointed the spokesman for everyone at the http://www.the370z.com/ - I must have missed the announcement.

Moving on, "dude"; most people work a real job and do this sort of thing on their own time; some of us even do many other things while working full time and support the Z community so please forgive me if I don't shed any tears for the allegedly overworked and overburdened ZCCA. No one forced ZCCA to take on the 2010 convention on their own - that was 100% their decision (more like a decree as a matter of fact). It's nice that they did but if they weren't capable of doing it without screwing a bunch of people then they shouldn't have done so. I've also said many times and in many outlets that ZCCA deserve big accolades for what went right at the convention (and a lot did go right). By the same token, they shouldn't cry or hide (nor should others cry on their behalf) when what obviously went wrong, and in some cases VERY wrong, are pointed out and questioned. Especially so when part of what went wrong continues for weeks or months after the event.

I can't help but wonder what evidence do you have that "they are working on it" - perhaps you would like to share your insight with everyone? I question that statement because were they "working on it" as you claim, this and the other threads would not exist because they would not be necessary...these issues are only still issues BECAUSE ZCCA HASN'T DONE WHAT THEY PROMISED or WHEN THEY PROMISED.

I grew up a long time ago and one of the things I learned early on is that being a person of integrity is one of the very few things that truly matter and one of the most important things you do to be a person (or an organization) of integrity is to keep your promises. ZCCA hasn't kept their promises to more than one person, including the person who started this thread who STILL DOESN'T HAVE HIS TROPHY 107 DAYS POST EVENT- if you don't like hearing that perhaps you should move on...no one is forcing you to read, much less participate in this or any other thread.

Perhaps instead of hanging around a forum you don't support (a forum, I might add, that is dedicated to a car you don't even own); might I suggest your time would be better spent doing something other than puerile attempts at insulting me...perhaps something like asking ZCCA why it hasn't kept its promises or what you can do to help them rescue their severely tarnished reputation? It would seem to me that would be much more helpful than being an apologist for their lack of action.

NIZMOZ 11-15-2010 01:46 PM

Guess you missed it when others posted in the last topic telling you they were tired of hearing it as well. Go back and read.

Insulting you? You have attacked members that support the ZCCA or don't agree with you. You continue to do so. So what if I don't have a 370z? I paid my dues when this site started. I know the owner of this site as well.

Like I said, and everyone will agree. Just LET IT DIE already. If it was 12 months past the event, then I would be mad, but not 3-4 months. Again, you have no clue what it takes to run a event like this for the Z car community. So again you speak from no experience on this. It takes time especially when everything was not local for them like it was for us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_Nash (Post 810195)
So...you speak for everyone now? When were you appointed the spokesman for everyone at the http://www.the370z.com/ - I must have missed the announcement.

Moving on, "dude"; most people work a real job and do this sort of thing on their own time; some of us even do many other things while working full time and support the Z community so please forgive me if I don't shed any tears for the allegedly overworked and overburdened ZCCA. No one forced ZCCA to take on the 2010 convention on their own - that was 100% their decision (more like a decree as a matter of fact). It's nice that they did but if they weren't capable of doing it without screwing a bunch of people then they shouldn't have done so. I've also said many times and in many outlets that ZCCA deserve big accolades for what went right at the convention (and a lot did go right). By the same token, they shouldn't cry or hide (nor should others cry on their behalf) when what obviously went wrong, and in some cases VERY wrong, are pointed out and questioned. Especially so when part of what went wrong continues for weeks or months after the event.

I can't help but wonder what evidence do you have that "they are working on it" - perhaps you would like to share your insight with everyone? I question that statement because were they "working on it" as you claim, this and the other threads would not exist because they would not be necessary...these issues are only still issues BECAUSE ZCCA HASN'T DONE WHAT THEY PROMISED or WHEN THEY PROMISED.

I grew up a long time ago and one of the things I learned early on is that being a person of integrity is one of the very few things that truly matter and one of the most important things you do to be a person (or an organization) of integrity is to keep your promises. ZCCA hasn't kept their promises to more than one person, including the person who started this thread who STILL DOESN'T HAVE HIS TROPHY 107 DAYS POST EVENT- if you don't like hearing that perhaps you should move on...no one is forcing you to read, much less participate in this or any other thread.

Perhaps instead of hanging around a forum you don't support (a forum, I might add, that is dedicated to a car you don't even own); might I suggest your time would be better spent doing something other than puerile attempts at insulting me...perhaps something like asking ZCCA why it hasn't kept its promises or what you can do to help them rescue their severely tarnished reputation? It would seem to me that would be much more helpful than being an apologist for their lack of action.


Robert_Nash 11-15-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIZMOZ (Post 810256)
Guess you missed it when others posted in the last topic telling you they were tired of hearing it as well. Go back and read.

Insulting you? You have attacked members that support the ZCCA or don't agree with you. You continue to do so. So what if I don't have a 370z? I paid my dues when this site started. I know the owner of this site as well.

Like I said, and everyone will agree. Just LET IT DIE already. If it was 12 months past the event, then I would be mad, but not 3-4 months. Again, you have no clue what it takes to run a event like this for the Z car community. So again you speak from no experience on this. It takes time especially when everything was not local for them like it was for us.

Miss it? No I didn't "miss it" and by others I assume you mean your cohort/club member in SanAntonio (you know who I mean; the guy who told me to "get the **** out") and the one other person who has expressed letting the subject die??? Do you seriously purport that the opinion of you and two other people is indicative of "everyone" as you claimed in your last post? Clearly it's indicative of your opinion as you've made many, many posts apologizing for ZCCA and deriding my comments but I would not be so quick to assume that "everyone" else feels the same as you do. Moreover, while you and others would like this topic to go away I doubt that Kevin thinks so and since this is his thread his is ultimately the only opinion on the matter that carries any weight. I would also remind you, again, that NO ONE here is required to "HEAR" anything - if this thread and the comments within bother you so much do yourself a favor and ignore it.

I guess telling me to GTFO or calling me a cry-baby and similar names isn't an insult in your opinion but it is in mine...I've attacked no one...I have responded to puerile and childish comments from you and your friend in SanAntonio and if you've honestly believe I've "attacked" you or anyone else then please feel free to report each of those offending posts to AK and let him decide what needs to be done.

Maybe you do know what "everyone" thinks as it appears that you are omniscient seeing as how you "know" what I do or don't have a "clue" about - I can only wonder what other talents are you hiding. :bowrofl:

You continue to cry on behalf of ZCCA and the fact that they don't live in Nashville as if that is supposed to excuse everything yet you also continue to completely ignore the simple fact that THEY AND THEY ALONE dictated that the 2010 convention would be held in Nashville without the support of a local club...that was clearly indicated to them in May of 2009 and formally communicated to them in August of 2009 yet they decided to move ahead anyway - if they weren't up to the task then they shouldn't have taken it on. Further, not living where the convention was held has NOTHING to do with their abject lack of follow-through weeks and months AFTER the convention ended...geography has NOTHING to do with not getting trophies out in a reasonable amount of time.

While you may think three or four months is reasonable; I doubt that many people would agree with you. However, if folks keep apologizing for ZCCA instead of putting pressure on them to do what they should have already done, 12 months post event to have all the trophies out, as you mentioned in your post, may well be an optimistic time line.

Sibze 11-15-2010 03:13 PM

:drama:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2