Nissan 370Z Forum

Nissan 370Z Forum (http://www.the370z.com/)
-   ZCON 2010 (http://www.the370z.com/zcon-2010/)
-   -   Thank you to Chris Karl and Z1 Motorsports (http://www.the370z.com/zcon-2010/23328-thank-you-chris-karl-z1-motorsports.html)

zinistr 10-26-2010 09:58 AM

...actually, we had a ZCCA member call (all active members could participate) in which we announced these updates last Thursday. All ZCCA clubs were notified of the call a month prior that they could attend.
...In case anyone has any questions or concerns, my number is (440) 343-1664, feel free to call me or email me personally at cvk@bricekarl.com.

Will do the best I can to help.

Robert_Nash 10-26-2010 11:29 AM

Yes...and unicorns really do exist

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinistr (Post 782090)
...Will do the best I can to help.

Yes...and unicorns really do exist.

I can't help but wonder how you communicated that this "member call" was going to take place; maybe it was only communicated to members that you wanted to be aware of the call. ROTFL

In any case, that is besides the pont and the POINT is why does it take THREE MONTHS POST EVENT to get some stupid trophies made and shipped out???

I've never dealt with any trophy shop that was so incompetent that it would take three weeks, let alone three months, to produce some trophies so I'm inclided to believe that the problem is not with the trophy shop (I'll let everyone deduce for themselves where the root of the problem is).

zinistr 10-26-2010 11:41 AM

Bob - perhaps you should chat with your club or have another email address we should use??

We have all the ZCCA clubs in a distribution list - many clubs from a variety of regions participated last week including Smoky Mtn out of TN.

Meeting notes will go out this week recapping the discussions. Our next call's in February. But, as previously mentioned, you can call me anytime for anything specific.

Have a great day.

Chris
440-343-1664

Robert_Nash 10-26-2010 12:00 PM

I don't know what email address you used nor does is matter; I'm hopeful that MTZC won't be a ZCCA member club for long anyway.

As I said above, the call is not the point; the point is why does it take THREE MONTHS POST EVENT to get some stupid trophies made and shipped out???

This is WELL beyond the initial screw-up of not having all the trophies at the event; that is at lest, an understandable error. What is not understandable is why several people I know (and I suspect quite a few more than I know personally) are still waiting on their trophies after all this time.

ZCCA can have all the group phone calls, thread posts and NissanSport puff pieces it wants but they will never erase this stunning and shameful lack of follow-through. :shakes head:

shoopajae10 10-26-2010 01:09 PM

I had a blast at zcon 2010 but it did seem a little unorganized compared to the 2009 zcon. Considering it was suppose to be a larger convention then usual, I think a better preparation was necessary.

I also feel really bad for those that live in the west coast that might be considering attending zcon 2011. =X

zinistr 10-26-2010 02:12 PM

Bob - yes, your grasp of the obvious hasn't failed you again. I stated it should be 3-4 weeks and it took much longer than that. I have offered my apologies for this already. Would a repeat apology put this to bed for you?

I am sure the 2011 committee is looking for dedicated volunteers to help put on next year's event. Perhaps you'd like to kick in several nights & weekends to help out before June's event next year?

NIZMOZ 10-26-2010 03:00 PM

Guys, let's end it here. ZCON is a large event to put on and many do not know what it actually takes to run a ZCON. It is rough and hard as we ran the 2009 one. It took our lives away from us for a years time. Would I want to do it again? NO. But was it a learning experience? Yes!

We planned ahead on everything and made sure we had a secondary plan if anything failed. Luckily we never had to use that and we made it through smoothly.

For the man power it took to run ZCON 2010 with no one living where they actually had the convention and everyone who ran it lived out of state, that was a great job being able to pull it off! Chris Karl is a good guy and will get the stuff taken care of, even if it takes a several months after the event.

So my suggestion to all is be patient. And please don't mouth off about a event that you have never run yourself. Like they always say, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Robert_Nash 10-26-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinistr (Post 782511)
Bob - yes, your grasp of the obvious hasn't failed you again. I stated it should be 3-4 weeks and it took much longer than that. I have offered my apologies for this already. Would a repeat apology put this to bed for you?

Oh gosh...I can even grasp things that aren't so obvious. :tiphat:

However, it takes no special observational powers to grasp that you obviously have no intention of explaining why it's taken three months to get the missing trophies shipped out. I suspect, however, that any explanation now would likely be nothing but pure bovine scatology anyway so it's probably just as well to not bother explaining.

So thank you but no, I don't need another apology from ZCCA.

Apologies lose their meaning when they aren't followed by correcting, when possible, the problem(s) being apologized for. While nothing could have been done, post event, to correct the various problems I noted in my other thread (http://www.the370z.com/nissan-370z-g...on-2010-a.html ), getting the missing trophies out in a reasonable amount of time was one thing ZCCA could have done to make things right. Apparently, that was beyond ZCCA's abilities. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinistr (Post 782511)
I am sure the 2011 committee is looking for dedicated volunteers to help put on next year's event. Perhaps you'd like to kick in several nights & weekends to help out before June's event next year?

After talking quite a bit with Bill Stokes at Z Nationals and here (through PMs) I think the 2011 convention is in good hands. I won't be at all surprised if the 2011 convention is better organized and better run than ZCON 2010 was and I wish nothing but the best for Coastal Z Club and Bill as they take this on.

That said, while I'm sure they are looking for volunteers (and I hope they find them), I have ZERO plans to involve myself with anything ZCCA is involved in.

As the old axiom goes - fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me.

Robert_Nash 10-26-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIZMOZ (Post 782597)
Guys, let's end it here. ZCON is a large event to put on and many do not know what it actually takes to run a ZCON. It is rough and hard as we ran the 2009 one. It took our lives away from us for a years time. Would I want to do it again? NO. But was it a learning experience? Yes!

We planned ahead on everything and made sure we had a secondary plan if anything failed. Luckily we never had to use that and we made it through smoothly.

For the man power it took to run ZCON 2010 with no one living where they actually had the convention and everyone who ran it lived out of state, that was a great job being able to pull it off! Chris Karl is a good guy and will get the stuff taken care of, even if it takes a several months after the event.

So my suggestion to all is be patient. And please don't mouth off about a event that you have never run yourself. Like they always say, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

This thread and especially, this latest series of posts is not about what did and did not happen at the event - this is about what hasn't happened after the event and the best way to "end it" is for ZCCA to do what should have been done months ago.

Maybe waiting weeks or months or longer for judging sheets and results and trophies is just the normal way ZCCA does things??? If so; that's really, really sad (and even more sad if people just accept that as normal).

kevr6 10-30-2010 07:46 PM

Still no trophy for 2nd place 370Z from ZCON!
I try not get into the bashing thing! But I do like folks to know what's going on. They overlooked my car at ZCON even after I went to the judges tent to make sure they had a chance to judge it before I left the grounds. I never saw any judges at all the whole day so that was why I did that. I was given the all clear from the head judge. (who then knocked my smart phone onto the ground damaging it because he talks with his hands flailing)
At the banquet Chris Karl never announced 2nd or 3rd for 370Z like he did with all the other models. I went up to him at his table and knelt down & asked while showing a pic of my car from my phone. He then said I should stay to the end because he's place me second. I stayed till the end and waited in line and then there were no trophies for the 370Z group. He asked me to write my info on a random floating piece of paper on the podium. I didn't have a lot of faith in this of course.

Then when he posted the results online, his stock NISMO 370Z is listed as second place 370Z. I immediately email him and we go back and forth and then the results were then changed again.
Now the 1 st place winners were Z1 motorsport's white 370Z. The Z1 guys didn't understand why their car beat my car based on visual comparison. Bottom line is that they already have a relationship with ZCON through Vendor participation. (Also a shop shouldn't be allowed to compete, unfair access to mods) I accepted that and would be happy for 2nd place though.

Well weeks passed and I went to Z1 to buy some things and they had their trophies!! They assumed I had mine. I at that moment I realized that I probably won't be getting a trophy.
So as you can see this is has been a very annoying experience. Chris Karl has let me down.

After staying late at the ZCON banquet, per his recommendation, I drove home late overnight in a storm and hit road kill at highway speeds damaging my front lip. If I left earlier I wouldn't have had that issue!

Now that Robert has gotten his trophy it makes me even more annoyed!

Chris Karl's article in Nissan Sport magazine also has a picture of his car and his wife's car. Annoyed me more once again!

When you put the time and money in something and your not treated fairly you tend to be annoyed!

Now at Z1 Nationals I was actually judged and took home some awards!! I would be happy with no awards as long as I am given the opportunity and I am judged.

The judges at ZCON were to busy waiting in line to get autographs and do spectator things!! I used to judge VW/AUDI shows for years and you did have to work if you volunteered. I also feel if you not part of the core ZCON clicks you will not be treated fairly. A lot of these older guys all new each other and you could feel it heavily!

Enough ranting from me!

Robert_Nash 10-30-2010 09:58 PM

Keep us updated on what does or does not happen with your trophy.

With a little luck maybe you'll get it before the Savannah convention next July (well, we can always hope anyway). :icon14:

zinistr 10-31-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevr6 (Post 789214)
Still no trophy for 2nd place 370Z from ZCON!

Hi Kevin - I'm checking into the status of your trophy. As I mentioned in the update thread all trophies (to my knowledge) have landed or will shortly. Please feel free to drop a note to Todd Wagner at zfixers@cox.net.

I already left him a VM and email this evening stating yours hadn't arrived. Will PM you an update once I hear something back.

Chris
440-343-1664

kevr6 11-01-2010 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zinistr (Post 790074)
Hi Kevin - I'm checking into the status of your trophy. As I mentioned in the update thread all trophies (to my knowledge) have landed or will shortly. Please feel free to drop a note to Todd Wagner at zfixers@cox.net.

I already left him a VM and email this evening stating yours hadn't arrived. Will PM you an update once I hear something back.

Chris
440-343-1664

OK, I'll keep an eye out.

josh@z1 11-01-2010 08:49 AM

Chris,
Ever figure out why a car that was not there was able to place in the people's choice car show? and ever figure out who was supposed to be in the #1 spot for 6th gen Z Car? Site still says TBD. I would assume KEVR6 should be there??

zinistr 11-01-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josh@z1 (Post 790728)
Chris,
Ever figure out why a car that was not there was able to place in the people's choice car show? and ever figure out who was supposed to be in the #1 spot for 6th gen Z Car? Site still says TBD. I would assume KEVR6 should be there??

Josh - not sure which car you're referring to? Give me a shout.

Chris
440-343-1664