Nissan 370Z Forum  

Thank you to Chris Karl and Z1 Motorsports

I just want to shout a big thanks to Josh at Z1 and Chris Karl with ZCON. They recognized and corrected a concern I had in minutes! I was happily

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > The370Z.com Sponsored Events > ZCON 2010

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 11:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 Graphite 370Z 6M
kevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to kevr6
Thumbs up Thank you to Chris Karl and Z1 Motorsports

I just want to shout a big thanks to Josh at Z1 and Chris Karl with ZCON.
They recognized and corrected a concern I had in minutes! I was happily surprised that emails were responded to with lighting quick speeds!

(Apologies if this is not the place to post this!)

Chris Karl alone has made me want to participate in next years event!!

Thanks again!

Kevin

EDIT: As of Oct 2010, I have not received a trophy. Not happy after all the money spent attending ZCON. This is solely on Chris Karl. See you next year! Or earlier.

Last edited by kevr6; 10-06-2010 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Chris Karl did not come through after all!!
kevr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member

Drives: 2009 Nismo - Silver
zinistr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to zinistr

Hope to see you again in 2011...next time I'll get to enjoy the event with you all.
1970 Datsun 240z (HLS #201) & '71 240z "Zuns Z"
1991 300zx TT 'ZINISTR' & '93 300zx Vert TT "MASTR"
1994 300zx Vert 'BREEZZY' & 1995 300zx Z32 Coupe
2009 NISMO Edition 370Z, Silver #196
zinistr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

kevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond reputekevr6 has a reputation beyond repute

Curious if there are trophies on the way via mail.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Non Turbo S
josh@z1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to josh@z1

WOW! Thanks Kevin... sorry I didnt see this earlier. We got trophies a couple weeks ago. Send Chris an email, he may just not have you on the list since you were not originally on the winners page.

Lookin forward to Z Nats!!!
josh@z1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh@z1 View Post
WOW! Thanks Kevin... sorry I didnt see this earlier. We got trophies a couple weeks ago. Send Chris an email, he may just not have you on the list since you were not originally on the winners page.

Lookin forward to Z Nats!!!
Not worried about it!
Old 09-28-2010, 02:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: '14 Q60IPL/'14Armada
Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevr6 View Post
Curious if there are trophies on the way via mail.
60 days post event and nothing on my door step yet - maybe I'll get home tonight and find out I'm wrong (hope springs eternal).

Last edited by Robert_Nash; 09-28-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Robert_Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Nash View Post
60 days post event and nothing on my door step yet - maybe I'll get home tonight and find out I'm wrong (hope springs eternal).
I thought I was the only one! Z1 received their ZCON trophies 2 or 3 weeks ago.
If you get yours, please post here for updates sake!

I did win a few awards at Z Nationals, so I can indeed say I got to experience it at least once this summer! Thanks to the Z1 crew!!

Last edited by kevr6; 09-28-2010 at 07:51 PM.
kevr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Track Member

Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

I remember your car; it's a beauty.

This was the first Z Nationals where I didn't win anything...maybe that's a sign I should just "go" and not enter the shows!

Was I imagining it or was there no distinction between 370Zs and G37s nor any distinction between stock and modified (370/G37)??? I knew the People's Choice didn't distinguish but is seems as if the judged show didn't either and I'm pretty were they have been divided up in prior years.

In any case, I love Z Nationals and will always be there unless the creek rises!!!

Last edited by Robert_Nash; 09-28-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Quote:
I remember your car; it's a beauty.

This was the first Z Nationals where I didn't win anything...maybe that's a sign I should just "go" and not enter the shows!

Was I imagining it or was there no distinction between 370Zs and G37s nor any distinction between stock and modified (370/G37)??? I knew the People's Choice didn't distinguish but is seems as if the judged show didn't either and I'm pretty were they have been divided up in prior years.

In any case, I love Z Nationals and will always be there unless the creek rises!!!
We asked that question at the after party and they said they went off the number that pre-registered which was low, so they decided to roll stock & mod together. Little did they know, most of the 370's registered day of!! They now know for next year!
Old 10-01-2010, 09:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Track Member

That's good to know...at least it explains what happened because I was surprised.

The Z1 guys are great guys but I do think that next year I'm not going to enter many "shows"; just go to the events and hang out...more fun...fewer headaches!

Hopefully I'll see you at Z Nationals next year...I'll be driving a 2011 Nismo then!

Last edited by Robert_Nash; 10-01-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
Track Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevr6 View Post
I thought I was the only one! Z1 received their ZCON trophies 2 or 3 weeks ago.
If you get yours, please post here for updates sake!

I did win a few awards at Z Nationals, so I can indeed say I got to experience it at least once this summer! Thanks to the Z1 crew!!
Have you received your trophy from ZCON 2010 yet?
Old 10-12-2010, 05:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Quote:
Have you received your trophy from ZCON 2010 yet?
I'm still at work so don't know if there are any packages at home. I doubt it since my wife is home and hasn't text me any news!
Old 10-25-2010, 11:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Noticed that in the current Nissan Sport Magazine, Chris Karl submitted the article for the ZCON event and his car and his wife's car made it in the magazine. I guess that's the reality of why these folks do what they do! Actions speak louder then words.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:10 AM   #14 (permalink)
Track Member

That article was quite a pat on the back wasn't it!

The email that went out a few days after the event said "ALL remaining trophies will be SHIPPED to those who did not receive them. Please allow 3-4 weeks"
. Have you gotten your trophy yet? I'm guessing you haven't.

Of course, the email didn't say when the three to four week period was supposed to start so maybe he meant three to four weeks beginning three months post event!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
Track Member

Well...speak of the devil and he shows up!

Just got an email from Chris Karl with a time stamp of today (10/26/2010) at 7:58AM that says, among other things...

"Outstanding Trophies - remaining trophies have shipped or are shipping this week. Todd Wagner is your contact should you need to follow-up (zfixers@cox.net)."

I guess 3-4 weeks in ZCCA speak means three months in normal English!

And just about three minutes ago, he made this post: ZCON 2010 - updates on Event DVDs, Judging Sheets, pending Trophies...

I wonder if it's just coincidence that we are talking about it last night and suddenly we get an email and a post from ZCCA this morning??? I suppose it could be a coincidence but I generally don't believe anything is just a coincidence. ROTFLMAO

Be sure to let us know when/if yours ever actually does arrive.

Last edited by Robert_Nash; 10-26-2010 at 09:47 AM.