Nissan 370Z Forum

Nissan 370Z Forum (http://www.the370z.com/)
-   ZCON 2010 (http://www.the370z.com/zcon-2010/)
-   -   Thank you to Chris Karl and Z1 Motorsports (http://www.the370z.com/zcon-2010/23328-thank-you-chris-karl-z1-motorsports.html)

kevr6 08-10-2010 11:50 AM

Thank you to Chris Karl and Z1 Motorsports

I just want to shout a big thanks to Josh at Z1 and Chris Karl with ZCON.
They recognized and corrected a concern I had in minutes! I was happily surprised that emails were responded to with lighting quick speeds!

(Apologies if this is not the place to post this!)

Chris Karl alone has made me want to participate in next years event!! :tiphat:

Thanks again!

Kevin

EDIT: As of Oct 2010, I have not received a trophy. Not happy after all the money spent attending ZCON. This is solely on Chris Karl. See you next year! Or earlier.

zinistr 08-16-2010 04:46 PM

Hope to see you again in 2011...next time I'll get to enjoy the event with you all. :)

kevr6 09-06-2010 10:37 AM

Curious if there are trophies on the way via mail.

josh@z1 09-09-2010 02:57 PM

WOW! Thanks Kevin... sorry I didnt see this earlier. We got trophies a couple weeks ago. Send Chris an email, he may just not have you on the list since you were not originally on the winners page.

Lookin forward to Z Nats!!!

kevr6 09-09-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by josh@z1 (Post 714401)
WOW! Thanks Kevin... sorry I didnt see this earlier. We got trophies a couple weeks ago. Send Chris an email, he may just not have you on the list since you were not originally on the winners page.

Lookin forward to Z Nats!!!

Not worried about it!

Robert_Nash 09-28-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevr6 (Post 709329)
Curious if there are trophies on the way via mail.

60 days post event and nothing on my door step yet - maybe I'll get home tonight and find out I'm wrong (hope springs eternal).

kevr6 09-28-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_Nash (Post 741166)
60 days post event and nothing on my door step yet - maybe I'll get home tonight and find out I'm wrong (hope springs eternal).

I thought I was the only one! Z1 received their ZCON trophies 2 or 3 weeks ago.
If you get yours, please post here for updates sake!

I did win a few awards at Z Nationals, so I can indeed say I got to experience it at least once this summer! Thanks to the Z1 crew!!

Robert_Nash 09-28-2010 07:23 PM

I remember your car; it's a beauty.

This was the first Z Nationals where I didn't win anything...maybe that's a sign I should just "go" and not enter the shows! :)

Was I imagining it or was there no distinction between 370Zs and G37s nor any distinction between stock and modified (370/G37)??? I knew the People's Choice didn't distinguish but is seems as if the judged show didn't either and I'm pretty were they have been divided up in prior years.

In any case, I love Z Nationals and will always be there unless the creek rises!!!

kevr6 09-28-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_Nash (Post 741612)
I remember your car; it's a beauty.

This was the first Z Nationals where I didn't win anything...maybe that's a sign I should just "go" and not enter the shows! :)

Was I imagining it or was there no distinction between 370Zs and G37s nor any distinction between stock and modified (370/G37)??? I knew the People's Choice didn't distinguish but is seems as if the judged show didn't either and I'm pretty were they have been divided up in prior years.

In any case, I love Z Nationals and will always be there unless the creek rises!!!

We asked that question at the after party and they said they went off the number that pre-registered which was low, so they decided to roll stock & mod together. Little did they know, most of the 370's registered day of!! They now know for next year!

Robert_Nash 10-01-2010 09:45 PM

That's good to know...at least it explains what happened because I was surprised.

The Z1 guys are great guys but I do think that next year I'm not going to enter many "shows"; just go to the events and hang out...more fun...fewer headaches!

Hopefully I'll see you at Z Nationals next year...I'll be driving a 2011 Nismo then! :)

Robert_Nash 10-12-2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevr6 (Post 741579)
I thought I was the only one! Z1 received their ZCON trophies 2 or 3 weeks ago.
If you get yours, please post here for updates sake!

I did win a few awards at Z Nationals, so I can indeed say I got to experience it at least once this summer! Thanks to the Z1 crew!!

Have you received your trophy from ZCON 2010 yet?

kevr6 10-12-2010 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert_Nash (Post 762041)
Have you received your trophy from ZCON 2010 yet?

I'm still at work so don't know if there are any packages at home. I doubt it since my wife is home and hasn't text me any news!

kevr6 10-25-2010 11:18 PM

Noticed that in the current Nissan Sport Magazine, Chris Karl submitted the article for the ZCON event and his car and his wife's car made it in the magazine. I guess that's the reality of why these folks do what they do! Actions speak louder then words.

Robert_Nash 10-26-2010 12:10 AM

That article was quite a pat on the back wasn't it! :thumbsdown:

The email that went out a few days after the event said "ALL remaining trophies will be SHIPPED to those who did not receive them. Please allow 3-4 weeks"
. Have you gotten your trophy yet? I'm guessing you haven't.

Of course, the email didn't say when the three to four week period was supposed to start so maybe he meant three to four weeks beginning three months post event! :shakes head:

Robert_Nash 10-26-2010 09:42 AM

Well...speak of the devil and he shows up!

Just got an email from Chris Karl with a time stamp of today (10/26/2010) at 7:58AM that says, among other things...

"Outstanding Trophies - remaining trophies have shipped or are shipping this week. Todd Wagner is your contact should you need to follow-up (zfixers@cox.net)."

I guess 3-4 weeks in ZCCA speak means three months in normal English! ;)

And just about three minutes ago, he made this post: http://www.the370z.com/zcon-2010/269...-trophies.html

I wonder if it's just coincidence that we are talking about it last night and suddenly we get an email and a post from ZCCA this morning??? I suppose it could be a coincidence but I generally don't believe anything is just a coincidence. ROTFLMAO

Be sure to let us know when/if yours ever actually does arrive.