Nissan 370Z Forum  

Thoughts on Wheels..

I haven't found a thread on these specific brand wheels but, what does everyone think of Varrstoen Wheels? A friend of mine has it on his FRS doesn't seem to

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Tech Area > Wheels & Tires

Like Tree43Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2019, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 91
Drives: 2013 Nissan 370Z
Rep Power: 2
mokhan996 is on a distinguished road
Default Thoughts on Wheels..

I haven't found a thread on these specific brand wheels but, what does everyone think of Varrstoen Wheels? A friend of mine has it on his FRS doesn't seem to give him trouble, but not really sure if they're a reputable brand? or are they reps? I know cheaping out on wheels is frowned upon and I TRULY want TE37's but the price is way out but, I don't know, what do you guys think?
Volk Z likes this.
mokhan996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,939
Drives: 15 370Z Nismo 6MT
Rep Power: 30791
OptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Knockoffs
and played out

If you want TE's:
1) STEP UP YOUR GAME. Hustle for an extra shift at work. Buy one fewer cup of coffee in the morning. Date someone richer. Whatever

2) Hunt the used market. There's multiple sets of TE's on the FS forum for around the $3K range, where you'd normally pay close to $4K (or more, if you step up to Ultras)


Ain't no Varrstoen's can do this, they dont come in the sizes:


Or give you the feeling of satisfaction you worked hard for real, high quality wheels
__________________
OptionZero Build Thread
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
ColtronZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 311
Drives: 17 370z
Rep Power: 6290
ColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond reputeColtronZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default

A lot of people run those so there are plenty of examples/posts somewhere, but really, whatever you want man. It's your car. If you want it to look good you gotta put in the money and effort.
mokhan996 likes this.
__________________
318hp/255tq made by FI Res Test Pipes, FI Non-Res Catback, Z1 Intakes, and EcuTek Tuned by RS-Enthalpy

Last edited by ColtronZ; 06-07-2019 at 12:54 PM.
ColtronZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 02:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Base Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 91
Drives: 2013 Nissan 370Z
Rep Power: 2
mokhan996 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
Knockoffs
and played out

If you want TE's:
1) STEP UP YOUR GAME. Hustle for an extra shift at work. Buy one fewer cup of coffee in the morning. Date someone richer. Whatever

2) Hunt the used market. There's multiple sets of TE's on the FS forum for around the $3K range, where you'd normally pay close to $4K (or more, if you step up to Ultras)


Ain't no Varrstoen's can do this, they dont come in the sizes:


Or give you the feeling of satisfaction you worked hard for real, high quality wheels
Yeah I decided I'm gonna go with the Gramlight 57 Transcend!
mokhan996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 02:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Base Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 91
Drives: 2013 Nissan 370Z
Rep Power: 2
mokhan996 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtronZ View Post
A lot of people run those so there are plenty of examples/posts somewhere, but really, whatever you want man. It's your car. If you want it to look good you gotta put in the money and effort.
Yeah I decided I'm gonna go with the Gramlight 57 Transcend!
mokhan996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 05:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
cooltoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 12,825
Drives: 14 PW 370Z S/T MT
Rep Power: 58528
cooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default

There are plenty of threads on other forums about Varrstoen Wheels (if you are search savvy). You will not find to many positive posts, unless you go to the Honda Civic forum.
Volk Z and mokhan996 like this.
__________________

Member of kenchan's "photoshopped mods" and "proper offsets" gang.
cooltoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,939
Drives: 15 370Z Nismo 6MT
Rep Power: 30791
OptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokhan996 View Post
Yeah I decided I'm gonna go with the Gramlight 57 Transcend!
You may wanna check with your vendor

I am pretty sure the 57transcend had a few sizes discontinued and not a lot of sizes stocked stateside by Mackin
mokhan996 likes this.
__________________
OptionZero Build Thread
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 09:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: California
Posts: 428
Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Rep Power: 4
Ventruck is on a distinguished road
Default

I'm also an advocate for holding out for what you really want. It's a kind of a virtue really. You get what you pay for, and I think a lot of people BS themselves into thinking they did good on whatever they literally settled with.

It is true, though, that some cases, yeah, people really can't afford things. There is a degree of privilege involved — job opportunities, resources, etc — but how I see it is, you already spent good money on this car. It's not a 240SX with a DE motor and mismatched panels. I imagine if you could afford this car, you could get the TE's with being smart and with some time.

Do it right, do it once — for all parts. Every time I've tried to go cheap on something, I eventually spent on the better replacement. You just waste money in the end if you stay true to what you want.

You want TE's because you...want them. Not because you're trying to impress anyone. A race-proven, timeless looking wheel for your pleasure.
Volk Z, elhombre and mokhan996 like this.
Ventruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
Volk Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lexington, SC
Posts: 2,148
Drives: Nismo Z
Rep Power: 3061
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I have a set of Mint TEs with almost brand new tires...

Asking 2900 bucks... tires alone are like 1k...
My used TEs for 2900
Varrstoen are what like 1k? Plus tires 2k plus mounting balancing and lug nuts add another 300 bucks....
So 600 bucks more and you get legit.

Hmmm
Yeah knock off Volks are frowned upon.

**actual pic below of the wheels**
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180610_152823_978.jpg (289.2 KB, 66 views)
Waiz, JARblue, elhombre and 1 others like this.
__________________
AMUSE * TOMEI * STILLEN * CRAFTSQUARE
RECARO * 3M * TOP SECRET * SLICKCARBON

Last edited by Volk Z; 06-10-2019 at 02:05 PM.
Volk Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
Base Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 91
Drives: 2013 Nissan 370Z
Rep Power: 2
mokhan996 is on a distinguished road
Default

That was deep man. Not even being funny, thanks for the advice honestly and no for sure I'll never wanna cheap out on this baby. Dream car of mine cant have knock off parts at all. I've actually finally decided that I'm not doing TE's or Gramlights but in due time I'll be throwing on Work Meister S1 3P's on them. In due time for sure. Thanks a lot for the tip, appreciate it!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventruck View Post
I'm also an advocate for holding out for what you really want. It's a kind of a virtue really. You get what you pay for, and I think a lot of people BS themselves into thinking they did good on whatever they literally settled with.

It is true, though, that some cases, yeah, people really can't afford things. There is a degree of privilege involved job opportunities, resources, etc but how I see it is, you already spent good money on this car. It's not a 240SX with a DE motor and mismatched panels. I imagine if you could afford this car, you could get the TE's with being smart and with some time.

Do it right, do it once for all parts. Every time I've tried to go cheap on something, I eventually spent on the better replacement. You just waste money in the end if you stay true to what you want.

You want TE's because you...want them. Not because you're trying to impress anyone. A race-proven, timeless looking wheel for your pleasure.
mokhan996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
Volk Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lexington, SC
Posts: 2,148
Drives: Nismo Z
Rep Power: 3061
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokhan996 View Post
That was deep man. Not even being funny, thanks for the advice honestly and no for sure I'll never wanna cheap out on this baby. Dream car of mine cant have knock off parts at all. I've actually finally decided that I'm not doing TE's or Gramlights but in due time I'll be throwing on Work Meister S1 3P's on them. In due time for sure. Thanks a lot for the tip, appreciate it!!!!
Just a thought but the S1s are pretty heavy. Good looking wheel but weight is not the greatest...
mokhan996 likes this.
__________________
AMUSE * TOMEI * STILLEN * CRAFTSQUARE
RECARO * 3M * TOP SECRET * SLICKCARBON
Volk Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,939
Drives: 15 370Z Nismo 6MT
Rep Power: 30791
OptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I know you're trying to make a sale but don't come around speaking bad about S1's

They're a classic wheel - you don't buy them for "weight".

Hell, weight doesn't matter unless you're pushing for track times, a few pounds won't make a goddamn difference to nearly anyone here. And anyone that cares about wheel weight has a second set of track wheels for sticky tires anyways. Heck, i just splurged on some Enkeis for track use

S1's are a 3PC wheel which will inevitably be relatively heavier, but you get them for the look and customization.

Salute the man for stepping up to a quality timeless classic
__________________
OptionZero Build Thread
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
Volk Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lexington, SC
Posts: 2,148
Drives: Nismo Z
Rep Power: 3061
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
I know you're trying to make a sale but don't come around speaking bad about S1's

They're a classic wheel - you don't buy them for "weight".

Hell, weight doesn't matter unless you're pushing for track times, a few pounds won't make a goddamn difference to nearly anyone here. And anyone that cares about wheel weight has a second set of track wheels for sticky tires anyways. Heck, i just splurged on some Enkeis for track use

S1's are a 3PC wheel which will inevitably be relatively heavier, but you get them for the look and customization.

Salute the man for stepping up to a quality timeless classic
I was saying it because the kid said he wants TEs and changed to S1s... its like me saying I want an s2000 and then say nah I'm going for a challenger...

If he said wedsports/advans etc I would have said rock on. S1s are gorgeous I was just stating a big difference in weight.

Not trying to get into it man. Nor trying to sway him.
mokhan996 likes this.
__________________
AMUSE * TOMEI * STILLEN * CRAFTSQUARE
RECARO * 3M * TOP SECRET * SLICKCARBON
Volk Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Base Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 91
Drives: 2013 Nissan 370Z
Rep Power: 2
mokhan996 is on a distinguished road
Default

Yeahhh I've always loved both TE's and the S1's but TE's are BEAUTIFUL but VERY overrated. They're on almost every car and I haven't seen S1's on a Z let alone a car in person at least. Despite the "weight" differences, like you've mentioned I'm not tracking my car at all. Beautiful wheel and eventually will purchase.


Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
I know you're trying to make a sale but don't come around speaking bad about S1's

They're a classic wheel - you don't buy them for "weight".

Hell, weight doesn't matter unless you're pushing for track times, a few pounds won't make a goddamn difference to nearly anyone here. And anyone that cares about wheel weight has a second set of track wheels for sticky tires anyways. Heck, i just splurged on some Enkeis for track use

S1's are a 3PC wheel which will inevitably be relatively heavier, but you get them for the look and customization.

Salute the man for stepping up to a quality timeless classic
mokhan996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,939
Drives: 15 370Z Nismo 6MT
Rep Power: 30791
OptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Have a look see:
Work Meister S1 3P 19x10.5-21 and 19x11.5-10
sx moneypit likes this.
__________________
OptionZero Build Thread
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thoughts/Opinions about Grip Royal style steering wheels on street cars? TheWolfe Exterior & Interior 2 10-05-2016 06:04 PM
Thoughts on these wheels on my PW? a6walter1 Wheels & Tires 15 02-23-2013 12:40 AM
thoughts on black wheels on black cherry slm37 Nissan 370Z General Discussions 29 11-14-2011 11:08 PM
Painting Wheels (professionally). Thoughts? Econ Wheels & Tires 18 05-20-2011 02:59 PM
Dealer paying to repaint wheels...thoughts? wheee! Wheels & Tires 40 12-24-2010 10:28 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2