Nissan 370Z Forum  

***** AAM Competition's 370Z Twin Turbocharger System *****

Originally Posted by Aviator44 It's impossible not to smile driving it. I was spontaneously laughing the entire way home. sweet lol. Cant wait to drive mine.

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Engine & Drivetrain > Forced Induction

Like Tree691Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2014, 07:08 AM   #211 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
ROBERT1183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ROCKAWAY NJ
Posts: 458
Drives: 2011 NISSAN 370Z
Rep Power: 10
ROBERT1183 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator44 View Post
It's impossible not to smile driving it. I was spontaneously laughing the entire way home.
sweet lol. Cant wait to drive mine.
aamc@AAMComp likes this.
ROBERT1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:24 AM   #212 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
jwick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston
Posts: 14,532
Drives: '10 G37 6MT
Rep Power: 2465054
jwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond reputejwick has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator44 View Post
It's impossible not to smile driving it. I was spontaneously laughing the entire way home.
Boost will do that. Perma-grin. And it lasts. 6 months boosted and I still giggle like a school girl when the turbo spools.
nomodsjk and Patrick@AAMComp like this.
__________________
'10 G37T 6MT Graphite/Graphite - BP - G37T Build

jwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #213 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Houston
Posts: 254
Drives: Race, Repair, Repeat
Rep Power: 4636
tonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Hi all! I've been a lurker around these parts for quite some time and have recently been following this thread/in contact with Max when it started. I usually post to the G forums, but I wanted to use my first post here to thank AAM for working on this project and advancing the VQ communities!

Big ups to Max for putting up with all my incessant questions/calls! Your service that you have provided thus far is definitely one of the reasons (besides the other obvious ones in the first post) that I will be joining the AAM Competition TT Owners Club in the coming months.

I have gained a lot of knowledge from the posts on this forum, so hopefully I can start being more of a contributor.
Aviator44 and aamc@AAMComp like this.
__________________
2007 G37S [VQ37HR] Sedan 6MT - Fast Intentions Stage 3 TT - @ttv36 #tptoons
tonyHTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:42 PM   #214 (permalink)
Base Member
 
aamc@AAMComp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Towson, MD
Posts: 73
Drives: Purchasing Soon
Rep Power: 9
aamc@AAMComp is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyHTX View Post
Hi all! I've been a lurker around these parts for quite some time and have recently been following this thread/in contact with Max when it started. I usually post to the G forums, but I wanted to use my first post here to thank AAM for working on this project and advancing the VQ communities!

Big ups to Max for putting up with all my incessant questions/calls! Your service that you have provided thus far is definitely one of the reasons (besides the other obvious ones in the first post) that I will be joining the AAM Competition TT Owners Club in the coming months.

I have gained a lot of knowledge from the posts on this forum, so hopefully I can start being more of a contributor.

You have been nothing but a pleasure to communicate with and providing you with insight/information is why I'm here. Regardless, thanks for the kind words!

Welcome to the "the370Z" community!
__________________
Max Wyman | Director, Sales & Marketing
MaxW@aamcompetition.com
www.aamcompetition.com

http://aamcompetition.com/files/aamsema14a.gif
aamc@AAMComp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:47 PM   #215 (permalink)
Presto
 
FPenvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 38,518
Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
Rep Power: 1402083
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute
Default

better question.......where are all these review thrads and pics?! i need something to fap to tonight dammit lol
__________________
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #216 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
carlitos_370z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 7,157
Drives: 13 Nissan 370Z SP M6
Rep Power: 7584
carlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond reputecarlitos_370z has a reputation beyond repute
Default

subscribed!!!!! and have to say the TT system at least on the pics that you post looks fcking awesome....
carlitos_370z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:53 PM   #217 (permalink)
Base Member
 
aamc@AAMComp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Towson, MD
Posts: 73
Drives: Purchasing Soon
Rep Power: 9
aamc@AAMComp is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
better question.......where are all these review thrads and pics?! i need something to fap to tonight dammit lol
Robet will be getting his back Tomorrow so hopefully you will see some initial feedback from his.

We have 3 more in the shop we are looking to finish up over the next week as well.

User reviews, user submitted photos and hopefully some independent dyno results will start showing up over the next few weeks, I would assume.
FPenvy and niteman20 like this.
__________________
Max Wyman | Director, Sales & Marketing
MaxW@aamcompetition.com
www.aamcompetition.com

http://aamcompetition.com/files/aamsema14a.gif
aamc@AAMComp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:55 PM   #218 (permalink)
Presto
 
FPenvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 38,518
Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
Rep Power: 1402083
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPowered View Post
Robet will be getting his back Tomorrow so hopefully you will see some initial feedback from his.

We have 3 more in the shop we are looking to finish up over the next week as well.

User reviews, user submitted photos and hopefully some independent dyno results will start showing up over the next few weeks, I would assume.
very nice.

i may be down that way to see an old AAM employee in a couple weeks. maybe i'll have to swing by the shop.

see what kind of re-tune deal we can work out lol if you havent noticed my avi pic is on the AAM dyno

i think i may need one because i feel some TQ loss with these straight pipes now. but the sound makes up for it lol
carlitos_370z and kayha12 like this.
__________________
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:25 PM   #219 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
Aviator44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 299
Drives: AAM Twin Turbo 370Z
Rep Power: 9
Aviator44 is a jewel in the roughAviator44 is a jewel in the roughAviator44 is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
better question.......where are all these review thrads and pics?! i need something to fap to tonight dammit lol
You got a snapchat? I can send you pictures of my car in provocative poses.

I will be completing mine soon with plenty of pics and videos! I have a pretty hectic schedule.
__________________

www.aamcompetition.com
AAM Twin Turbo System
Aviator44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:13 AM   #220 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
ROBERT1183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ROCKAWAY NJ
Posts: 458
Drives: 2011 NISSAN 370Z
Rep Power: 10
ROBERT1183 is on a distinguished road
Default

cant wait to pick it up today. work cannot go by fast enough. hopefully will get to really drive it tomorrow. will be posting pics and write up shortly
swiss370Z, FPenvy, KN21283 and 2 others like this.
ROBERT1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:18 PM   #221 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Houston
Posts: 254
Drives: Race, Repair, Repeat
Rep Power: 4636
tonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond reputetonyHTX has a reputation beyond repute
Default

^ Exciting! Can't wait to see the pics (and video??)
__________________
2007 G37S [VQ37HR] Sedan 6MT - Fast Intentions Stage 3 TT - @ttv36 #tptoons
tonyHTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:18 PM   #222 (permalink)
Presto
 
FPenvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 38,518
Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
Rep Power: 1402083
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator44 View Post
You got a snapchat? I can send you pictures of my car in provocative poses.



I will be completing mine soon with plenty of pics and videos! I have a pretty hectic schedule.

No snapchat here and like I called it just got hacked lol

I'm excited for the review thread but I think I can wait like everyone else
__________________
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:53 PM   #223 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
nomodsjk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: martinsburg wv
Posts: 2,073
Drives: 2011 370z MB/7at
Rep Power: 19960
nomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond reputenomodsjk has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Hey max I'm still in Georgia for nationals but will be home tomorrow night. I'm planning on calling you soon to see when would be a good time to bring the car down to you guys so you can see it in person and so we can meet and talk about the project.
axmea? likes this.
nomodsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 03:20 PM   #224 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
ROBERT1183's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ROCKAWAY NJ
Posts: 458
Drives: 2011 NISSAN 370Z
Rep Power: 10
ROBERT1183 is on a distinguished road
Default

Just wanted to leave a quick note. Will be doing a better write up as I get to drive the car more. I picked up the car last night. Max was kind enough to take my car home with him after work so that I could pick it up as I couldn't make it to the shop during business hours for the next few weeks. Max and his wife were very welcoming. The smile on my face while driving it home was huge. It pulls so hard. Sounds amazing. I did happen to run into one issue. The line from the fuel pump up the sending unit had blown off. Max was very helpful and guided me on how to get to the pump to resecure it. Even at almost 1am in the morning. That definitely speaks volumes to the kind of guy Max is and to how AAM is. I was on the fence about this kit and the fast intentions before I decided to go with the AAM kit. And Max was one of the leading factors that made my decision. These days with what happened with GTM it's hard to trust someone and a shop with your hard earned money but I will def vouche for AAM and for Max. Def look foward to driving it more and writing a full write up with pics.
ANMVQ, FPenvy, elperuano and 3 others like this.
ROBERT1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:18 PM   #225 (permalink)
Base Member
 
aamc@AAMComp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Towson, MD
Posts: 73
Drives: Purchasing Soon
Rep Power: 9
aamc@AAMComp is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT1183 View Post
Just wanted to leave a quick note. Will be doing a better write up as I get to drive the car more. I picked up the car last night. Max was kind enough to take my car home with him after work so that I could pick it up as I couldn't make it to the shop during business hours for the next few weeks. Max and his wife were very welcoming. The smile on my face while driving it home was huge. It pulls so hard. Sounds amazing. I did happen to run into one issue. The line from the fuel pump up the sending unit had blown off. Max was very helpful and guided me on how to get to the pump to resecure it. Even at almost 1am in the morning. That definitely speaks volumes to the kind of guy Max is and to how AAM is. I was on the fence about this kit and the fast intentions before I decided to go with the AAM kit. And Max was one of the leading factors that made my decision. These days with what happened with GTM it's hard to trust someone and a shop with your hard earned money but I will def vouche for AAM and for Max. Def look foward to driving it more and writing a full write up with pics.
Robert - Thank you for the kind words. My customers are like family and treated the same.

If there was any humor to find in this experience, it was on my end. Anybody ever see that state farm commercial where the husband gets busted talking to his agent at 3am in the morning and the wife things it's his girlfriend. I had left the bedroom to communicate with Robert and my wife comes out and gives me this look - who are you talking to at 1am! Haha

State FarmŽ Commercial State of Unrest Jake SaveYouTube com 1 - YouTube
ANMVQ, FPenvy, elperuano and 1 others like this.
__________________
Max Wyman | Director, Sales & Marketing
MaxW@aamcompetition.com
www.aamcompetition.com

http://aamcompetition.com/files/aamsema14a.gif
aamc@AAMComp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AAM Competition is Looking for a Turbocharger Technical Liaison Paula@AAMComp Mid-Atlantic Region 0 04-09-2014 11:10 AM
GTM Performance Engineering: VQ37VHR Twin Supercharger System SAM@GTM Forced Induction 339 03-31-2014 08:35 AM
GTM Performance Engineering: VQ37VHR Twin Supercharger System-First Look SAM@GTM Forced Induction 68 12-18-2012 02:29 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2