Nissan 370Z Forum  

Just grabbed my new 370Z

Hey all new to the forum, I've previously owned a 1990 300zx 2+2, so was very exicted to buy a new 370Z yesterday. It's a black on black, manual transmission,

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z General Area > Introduction > New 370Z Owner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 370Z/MAT SILVER/6MT
Jjaden has a spectacular aura aboutJjaden has a spectacular aura about
Default Just grabbed my new 370Z

Hey all new to the forum, I've previously owned a 1990 300zx 2+2, so was very exicted to buy a new 370Z yesterday.

It's a black on black, manual transmission, sport package.

I really wanted the Nav package but there wasn't a single one for sale in all of Canada from dealerships or on autotrader that was black on black, manual, sport and nav.

The car is delivered on Wed and I'll post up some pics.

Stumbled across this forum this morning and it looks like I'll be spending a lot of time here.

This week I'm looking to paint the calipers red, the door handles black, and possibly do the tailights.
Jjaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo 09-0183 QAB
vipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond repute

Grats man! Just saw a post of a Black Sport w/ painted handles. Looks nice. You'll love her I promise!

2009 NISMO # 0193 | QAB | Albums! | 05.04.10 (Dynojet) 291.94hp/248.28tq
Oil Cooler (DIY) | Custom Headlights | GTSPEC Braces | F.I. Long Tube Headers
vipor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo 09-0183 QAB
vipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond reputevipor has a reputation beyond repute

Shaved door handles

2009 NISMO # 0193 | QAB | Albums! | 05.04.10 (Dynojet) 291.94hp/248.28tq
Oil Cooler (DIY) | Custom Headlights | GTSPEC Braces | F.I. Long Tube Headers
vipor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: Graphite Bullet
dcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond reputedcrew1x has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats and welcome to the forums

2009 PG 6MT Sports Stillen Gen3 CAI | Stillen CBE | AMS Short Shifter | Nismo Brace Kit
dcrew1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34, 13 F-150
ZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant future

Congratulations on your new Black Z! I have to admit I believe you chose a great color. You can't go wrong with any of them but I'm partial to the black. I don't have the navigation either but that was something I didn't want anyhow.
ZCarMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z 7AT
NXTAZEE will become famous soon enough

Welcome and congrats on your new car. Let us know what you think of her when you get her compared to the 300ZX.
2010 Carbon Silver 370Z 7AT charcoal int. sports package | Clear Bra | Invidia Gemini CBE | CF B-Pillars | CF Fangs | CF Z emblems | Swift Springs | 20mm & 25mm Spacers | SPC Camber Arms | Brushed Aluminum shift knob
NXTAZEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Track Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipor View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone.

I appreciate the link, great pics, I think the painted look great, I have to admit the shaved look pretty slick also but I have no idea even where to begin doing that so I'll stick with the painted for now.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Inactive vendor

Drives: 2009 370Z Red
VIP-STATUS has a reputation beyond reputeVIP-STATUS has a reputation beyond reputeVIP-STATUS has a reputation beyond reputeVIP-STATUS has a reputation beyond reputeVIP-STATUS has a reputation beyond reputeVIP-STATUS has a reputation beyond reputeVIP-STATUS has a reputation beyond reputeVIP-STATUS has a reputation beyond reputeVIP-STATUS has a reputation beyond reputeVIP-STATUS has a reputation beyond reputeVIP-STATUS has a reputation beyond repute

WELCOME!
VIP-STATUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Track Member

Ok so here's just a pic I took with my blackberry, doesn't do the car any justice.

I do have a question tho, I am getting the door handles painted, do I need to go to a Nissan Dealer so they can match the paint perfectly or will another body shop be able to get the paint code from Nissan?

Same deal with the rims, I've decided to get them powedercoated so they look like the 40th aniversary edition.

Aside from that the car is great, just deciding what gadget I want to install in the empty nav space, any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my370z1.jpg (31.8 KB, 36 views)
Old 10-15-2009, 10:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: O9Sprt/Touring,p-51
StLRedrider has a reputation beyond reputeStLRedrider has a reputation beyond reputeStLRedrider has a reputation beyond reputeStLRedrider has a reputation beyond reputeStLRedrider has a reputation beyond reputeStLRedrider has a reputation beyond reputeStLRedrider has a reputation beyond reputeStLRedrider has a reputation beyond reputeStLRedrider has a reputation beyond reputeStLRedrider has a reputation beyond reputeStLRedrider has a reputation beyond repute

welcome aboard and sweet ride.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Track Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXTAZEE View Post
Welcome and congrats on your new car. Let us know what you think of her when you get her compared to the 300ZX.
Ok so after a couple of days of playing with my new 370z, my comparison to my old 300zx is as such.
I think both cars have great styling, the 370z has way more power and seems to be a much lighter, peppier car. In the handling department the new Z crushes.

On the flipside to be honest I much prefered the short gear shifts in my 300zx, and the 300zx had a much roomier interior and more comfortable seats.
Maybe it's a personal thing but being 6"5 my head grazes the roof of the 370z where that just wasn't an issue with the 300zx.

Overall I'm thrilled with the new car, love the rev matching and think the car is gorgeous, my only regret is that now having seen the Red interior option on the 40th aniversary I can't help but picture how good that would look in my black 370z.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z 7AT
NXTAZEE will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjaden View Post
Ok so after a couple of days of playing with my new 370z, my comparison to my old 300zx is as such.
I think both cars have great styling, the 370z has way more power and seems to be a much lighter, peppier car. In the handling department the new Z crushes.

On the flipside to be honest I much prefered the short gear shifts in my 300zx, and the 300zx had a much roomier interior and more comfortable seats.
Maybe it's a personal thing but being 6"5 my head grazes the roof of the 370z where that just wasn't an issue with the 300zx.

Overall I'm thrilled with the new car, love the rev matching and think the car is gorgeous, my only regret is that now having seen the Red interior option on the 40th aniversary I can't help but picture how good that would look in my black 370z.
I'm glad your lovin the Z. Soon I hope I will be too.
2010 Carbon Silver 370Z 7AT charcoal int. sports package | Clear Bra | Invidia Gemini CBE | CF B-Pillars | CF Fangs | CF Z emblems | Swift Springs | 20mm & 25mm Spacers | SPC Camber Arms | Brushed Aluminum shift knob
NXTAZEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: my z every day
schrute has a spectacular aura aboutschrute has a spectacular aura aboutschrute has a spectacular aura about

Congrats!

I've wanted the Z since the Z32 came out, was in High School at the time and was lucky to have a car at all (VW Rabbit - Diesel, LOL).

Finally got my Z34 and loving it.

Any good body shop can match the paint no problem. I want to get mine painted too, probably flat black.

Enjoy!

second skin | mr works | fast intentions | ssr | eibach | hotchkis | spc | toyo | bluebatmobile | v-led | jwt | ventureshield | tinted tails
schrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z Yellow 6MT
Kones is a jewel in the roughKones is a jewel in the roughKones is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjaden View Post
Ok so here's just a pic I took with my blackberry, doesn't do the car any justice.

I do have a question tho, I am getting the door handles painted, do I need to go to a Nissan Dealer so they can match the paint perfectly or will another body shop be able to get the paint code from Nissan?

Same deal with the rims, I've decided to get them powedercoated so they look like the 40th aniversary edition.

Aside from that the car is great, just deciding what gadget I want to install in the empty nav space, any suggestions?
This isn't mine, but something I found on a forum, interesting idea for the nave space . . . looking to do something similar myself, that particular unit is a magellan maestro I believe, although I'd probably look to a Garmin or TomTom unit
Kones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Administrator

Drives: 🔰
Trips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond reputeTrips has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats and Welcome!

http://www.the370z.com/payments.php
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote