Nissan 370Z Forum  

Am I crazy, or is it missing something?

I know aesthetics are completely personal and everyone has their own opinion of what a good looking car is. But ever since I painted my headlights black, I'm not sure

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Exterior & Interior

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 03:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: PearlWhite 370z 6MT
Z370Z011 is just really niceZ370Z011 is just really niceZ370Z011 is just really niceZ370Z011 is just really niceZ370Z011 is just really nice
Default Am I crazy, or is it missing something?

I know aesthetics are completely personal and everyone has their own opinion of what a good looking car is. But ever since I painted my headlights black, I'm not sure if I like it anymore. I feel like they're to black for the pearl white lol. I feel like I messed up by painting them all black and not leaving the shrouds silver to offset everything.. So I feel like my car is missing something, like it needs that “cherry on top” kind of thing. Not sure if it's the rims, the headlight, or if I'm just crazy. Also my Stillen lip has died, so I'll be getting an Evo-R lip, and was considering some CF mirror covers to add some more black and hope it makes a difference?

Anyhow, any suggestions or opinions are welcome. Thanks in advance

Z370Z011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 GM 370z T/S 6MT
pbhakta will become famous soon enoughpbhakta will become famous soon enough

If your willing to change your headlights again, id do the the Shrouds in White or go even crazier with Pearl White Housing and Black shrouds.

If you dont want to change the headlights then add a gloss black vinyl roof and black side view mirrors and everything will tie in perfectly.

Maybe black out or color match the door handles too.
Riptide67 likes this.

2011 6MT 370Z Gun Metallic :: Stillen G3 CAI :: Swift Springs :: EvoR :: JWM LEDs :: TommyKaira :: Forgestar F14 :: Motordyne Shockwave))) E370 :: CS Spec-Me Lip :: AeroJacket
pbhakta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th F.I. Twin Turbo
Arrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond repute

Hm...It would be one thing if the fangs were white. Then I'd hate it. But with those black it isn't bad. But I would paint the door handles...maybe black rims?

I like the black on the mirrors too.
2010 370Z 40th Anniversary (#480 born 1/19/2010)
Fast Intentions Twin Turbo | Varis Arising II | Limited Edition Recaro Sportster | Tuned by Specialty Z | 604hp 525 torque @14lbs boost on 100 octane
Arrvaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: PearlWhite 370z 6MT
Z370Z011 is just really niceZ370Z011 is just really niceZ370Z011 is just really niceZ370Z011 is just really niceZ370Z011 is just really nice

I wouldn't mind doing white/pearl white shrouds. I was thinking of using some paint thinner on the shrouds but I'm scared of ruining the silver finish on them. Black vinyl roof is a great idea!!! Completely forgot about that!
6MT-Z34 and Riptide67 like this.
Z370Z011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 BS 7AT 370z
NickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to NickTurnon

Yeah, I agree with what others have stated..

If you're willing to open the lights up again. Make the Orb Part White & leave the rest black on the headlights..

As far as the rest of the car, you can:
Dip Black Handles
Dip Black Emblems
Black Vinyl Roof
Dip Side Markers Black Outer Ring, With White Z Emblems
Extend black on fangs down onto Stillen Lip
Dip Side Mirrors Black
Also, it might look nice to get some white plastidip and white-out one of the cross lines on the fang. The middle one would look good white, and leave the other 2 lines black.

Also, stock tow hook in the trunk. Remove that, get some white dip, and add it to the front bumper. It adds more contrast to the front of the car...
Old 03-17-2014, 04:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

if you add more black your car's going to look like a panda.
gurneyeagle, Riptide67 and Got_Z like this.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: Airplanes
Elan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond reputeElan has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Nick. Dip the emblems for sure. The mirror covers and lip will help. I don't think the color of your rims is working. Maybe gloss black so it fits the rest of the car.
DEpointfive0 likes this.
2009 370Z NISMO #477 | AAM Competition Short Tails | AAM Competition HFCs | K&N Typhoon CAI | Kenwood DPX300U | Rockford Fosgate PRIME R300-4 | Rockford Fosgate Punch P165 | Rockford Fosgate Punch P300-12 | Polk Audio db1001 | 15% Tints | GTR Start Button |
Elan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Company car
Joepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to start over with an unmolested set... just let me know I like it, but I have dipped emblems and handles, my lip and blades were also black.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 GM z34
Apoc370z will become famous soon enoughApoc370z will become famous soon enough

wheee!, NickTurnon and Riptide67 like this.
Apoc370z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: WOT
TerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond repute

Front mount intercooler!! Lol

I would do the shrouds white and black out the roof
Footloose301 likes this.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: My first car
DjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond reputeDjSquall has a reputation beyond repute

Do badges/handles/mirrors

My Z did p0rn
DjSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
Footloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleONE View Post
Front mount intercooler!! Lol

I would do the shrouds white and black out the roof
This is what I was going to suggest! haha

Stuff an intercooler in there and you'll be all set.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 2009 Nissan
RyanWest has a reputation beyond reputeRyanWest has a reputation beyond reputeRyanWest has a reputation beyond reputeRyanWest has a reputation beyond reputeRyanWest has a reputation beyond reputeRyanWest has a reputation beyond reputeRyanWest has a reputation beyond reputeRyanWest has a reputation beyond reputeRyanWest has a reputation beyond reputeRyanWest has a reputation beyond reputeRyanWest has a reputation beyond repute

you need spacers in the back badly!
RyanWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo #0483 PW
Riptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond reputeRiptide67 has a reputation beyond repute

PW or GM shrouds!
Old 03-20-2014, 01:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 13 370z 7at t+s grey
ElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond reputeElVee has a reputation beyond repute

Actually a red cherry on top would be nice.
ElVee is offline   Reply With Quote