Nissan 370Z Forum  

6000 mile road trip. In a Porche GT3...

Pretty interesting thread, makes me wanna go on a road trip with the Z DFW - LA - Seattle - snake back across the country through Colorado and back to

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z General Area > The Lounge (Off Topic)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 370Z Tour/Sport/Navi
Juruki will become famous soon enough
Default 6000 mile road trip. In a Porche GT3...

Pretty interesting thread, makes me wanna go on a road trip with the Z

DFW - LA - Seattle - snake back across the country through Colorado and back to DFW.
Mega Roadtrip: DFW to LA to Seattle and back - DFW Auto Club Forums
Old 06-09-2011, 02:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

I <3 road trips! That trip in a GT3 must have been sweet... I'll check the thread when I get home.

I did 1000 miles to STL in the Z and 1000 miles back in the Mustang... that was a pretty fun trip!
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with passion
KillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond repute

That was a fantastic thread!
KillerBee370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 370Z/MAT SILVER/6MT
Jjaden has a spectacular aura aboutJjaden has a spectacular aura about

Not sure total miles but I've done a roadtrip from Toronto to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida in a Porsche 911 Turbo last summer.

It was actually a great time, but I did the drive with no stops, alternating with another driver and after about 6 hours my arse went numb and I had to constantly shift around.

It was also very tempting to open up on the throttle and see just what the cars potential is, but there are so many speed traps it just wasn't worth it.

Overall I'd say it was a good time, but doing the drive straight really took away from the experience.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it's me, but with cops/traffic, the novelty of driving an exotic on long trips get old really fast
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
Maybe it's me, but with cops/traffic, the novelty of driving an exotic on long trips get old really fast
I think the car is only part of the experience. I love seeing new things so I'm always game to go on long trips, especially if they are to/through places I haven't seen yet. I have been to all 50 states... now I need to work on my international travel.
LIKE us on Facebook!
Old 06-09-2011, 08:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 Frontier SE 6spd
HKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to HKYStormFront

i'd do it... in a heartbeat, i'd take a LOT of sideroads tho
Old 06-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

About a year ago I found an awesome 1995 Volvo 850 T-5R... in Portland.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying that car. I'd have flown out to Portland to drive ~2800 miles back home to DC. That would have been an awesome trip.
LIKE us on Facebook!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 Frontier SE 6spd
HKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to HKYStormFront

the only thing with doing that (and trust me, i've thought about it several times) is what if there's a problem with the car that they've patched to last 100 miles or so? like a slipping trans that they put friction additive in to get it off the lot. or what if the A/C quits working and it's 110*, etc. too many variables. but honestly, to get the car that i want (hopefully next year) i will probably have to do this. we'll see...
Old 06-09-2011, 09:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKYStormFront View Post
the only thing with doing that (and trust me, i've thought about it several times) is what if there's a problem with the car that they've patched to last 100 miles or so? like a slipping trans that they put friction additive in to get it off the lot. or what if the A/C quits working and it's 110*, etc. too many variables. but honestly, to get the car that i want (hopefully next year) i will probably have to do this. we'll see...
Yeah, that's one of the reasons I didn't go out and do it. It was a little high risk.
LIKE us on Facebook!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Under boost
Jamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Jamaica

nice car nice trip
Jamaica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: every day...
Isamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond repute

man, i miss taking long *** road trips... but august... North Dakota to GTM in Cali

as for a GT3 road trip... yes please

黒子 ('Kuroko')
Project: SuperNova Owner/Operator and Lead designer @BlackGuard Aeroworks
Isamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Legit Racecar 370Z
takjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond reputetakjak2 has a reputation beyond repute

I put almost 3k miles on my nismo Z in the first three weeks. Much of that from home in VA all along Blue Ridge Parkway, through Tail of the Dragon, and back to Fort Campbell. I'll be doing another 1700 mile round trip at the end of July.

Much more fun than flying.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: every day...
Isamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by takjak2 View Post
I put almost 3k miles on my nismo Z in the first three weeks. Much of that from home in VA all along Blue Ridge Parkway, through Tail of the Dragon, and back to Fort Campbell. I'll be doing another 1700 mile round trip at the end of July.

Much more fun than flying.
damn, I ony have 1300 miles on the nismo

黒子 ('Kuroko')
Project: SuperNova Owner/Operator and Lead designer @BlackGuard Aeroworks
Isamu is offline   Reply With Quote