View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 11:37 PM   #9733 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post

I watched the shop where my car's at do a G37 today. Pretty much did the same cuts and then he used a big chisel to beat the outer shell out. He had the damn thing out in about fifteen minutes. Of course he had the car on a four post lift though.
I did 3 diff bushings with the cars on jack stands and me on my back. Had them out in about 20 minutes.

Once you have that outer shell out. You need to remove any burrs and high spots in the hole. Use a round file to knock them down and then use a 60 grit flapper wheel to clean the hole up. You can use the flapper wheel with a cordless drill. But a 1/4" air die grinder works best.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l400.jpg (31.1 KB, 2 views)

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html