View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 08:42 PM   #47 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
One question. Were you relying on SRM completely during downshifting/braking zones? If so, you can't because you will do engine braking all the time which is not good for the clutch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Are you asking if he was only engine braking through turns on a track and not using the brakes? That would be ridiculous
Quote:
No, I was asking if he was totally relying on the SRM to REV match for him in the braking zone. You must apply some throttle to limit the amount of engine braking. I noticed an issue at the Dragon when only relying on SRM to rev match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Gotcha!

Makes perfect sense. And yet another reason to practice my spirited driving with SRM off. Although I still have trouble heel-toe in this car with the gas pedal pivot at the floor, and I wind up fat-footing it a lot. Maybe I'll practice some downshifting with SRM on and additional throttle input to minimize the engine braking. Thanks for the tip
Quote:
You can heel-toe with SRM on. SRM will not be affected. With the Z, you will want to use half your foot on the brake pedal and pivot your other half on the go pedal. It's not really heal-toe so to speak.
I use SRM all the time on the track with no issues. All the people who have ridden with me, thought that I heel&toe great.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote