View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 07:40 AM   #83 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSS138 View Post
My guess is the front of the car at this point is barely controllable and is skating all over the place , not quite as bad as Tonya at the Olympics , but is definitely prone to break loose. A 750 lb corner sitting on top of an 1150+ lb spring barely allows the dampers to do their job.

On slick I wouldn't run anything lower than 900 *16kg* in the front !!
Now with the aero its an ever bigger number !

as far as running an 1150+spring , Its not un-commun to see a car which can be Pro or Amateur driver with nearly as much spring rate and they wouldn't go much below than this with slicks.

and remember that 1150 spring on a 750 corner, Im pretty sure the car is moving and seeing over 1g in the corner.. isnt that bring that corner to over 1500 llbs ? then you have 1inch and half of travel due to weight transfer.. which is relatively acceptable in my book for 1g corner.

math paper talking is quite different when you are actually driving the car, it will bring you close but the rest its all feeling and how the car react.

I haven't gave my opinion on the first picture Wstar posted,
For his setup I would recommend 16kg *900* front // 12kg *672* rear with the stiffer front bar and then the stock rear.

this is my new baseline w/ aero I will be using when I'm fit enough to get back on the track. I know the front wont be enough but its a baseline.

Last edited by Megan370z; 08-15-2014 at 07:47 AM.
Megan370z is offline   Reply With Quote