View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 11:28 AM   #82 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcosta79 View Post
What concerns me is that we are being shown a before dyno of 272 (correct me if I am wrong) and an after dyno of 361 (again, correct me if I am wrong) which means we are looking at a supposed gain of 89 RWHP. I'm sorry, but I don't buy it. These are either dyno sheets of 2 different cars and/or they were taken at 2 different periods of time. Show me the before dyno of the same car and the after dyno of the same car taken on the same day (or close to it) with all the other factors being the same, and then let's talk turkey.
In my opinion and the testing Ive done in the pass tells me there is much more the VVEL engine can give than what we been used to..

I mostly always did a (before / after) after each modification and its has been repeatable every time.

2 years ago I managed a gain of 68whp and with the current knowledge that we gathered for the pass year . I have no doubt about this 80+gain especially with E85 which proved gain in N/A form same with good race gas, also add the fact the VVEL is now fully tunable by Pro Tuner which can add quite a bit depending on your intake/exhaust setup

at 360whp their 3'' single is actually restricting the flow just saying.