Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 04:28 PM   #733 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Don't care about noise, since this car isn't driven on the street at all anymore.

That aside, though: if we ignore the wheel droop issue, does the torsen-style action actually perform/feel better or worse on-track than a 1.5-way clutched when cornering hard? I know that's a somewhat-subjective question, but it seems to be the key question in deciding whether the maintenance/cost/complexity of the 1.5-way is worth it, and nobody ever answers it in a straightforward manner. I'm willing to give WaveTrac the benefit of the doubt on killing the wheel droop issue, their solution sounds reasonable.

This mean using the Z on the track only , then a clutch LSD is the only way to go !
If it was 50//50 street /track then maybe yeah that wavetrack could fine good enough

don't worry on the maintenance cost on the Cusco,,, like I said I haven't seen/heard anyone yet having to rebuilt one.