View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 12:06 AM   #161 (permalink)
Sh0velMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Noisily.
Sh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Another pic from the SM that's relevant:

I think at least it should be possible (perhaps even superior) to block off the 4x outlets labeled B (2x heater core), D (throttle), A (says "EVAP piping", but it's the other side of the throttle stuff, I traced it myself a long time ago).

You could truly seal off (like, weld shut) the two extraneous nipples on that rear water outlet assembly (the ones with hose clamps numbered 6 and 1). Then on the driver's side you could permanently plug the upper hole of where Gasket #15 is. It's the bottom hole in gasket 15 taking in bypass water from that #19 bypass pipe that seems like it could still be necessary, maybe...

Yeah the metal pipe(s) have an upper and lower. One comes back from the heater core, the other is the bypass directly from the coolant manifold on the back of the engine.

Block those tubes off, there's no flow through the pump AT ALL until the t-stat opens. Which it really won't, before the engine fails.

(And yeah, I was PRETTY sure that coolant was ALWAYS going through the core, but thanks for confirming it.)