View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #53 (permalink)
Sh0velMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Noisily.
Sh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
Actually, when we were doing some data logging....he mentioned that all the AFR settings were correct, it just gets all wacky when its fluctuating up and down. But when it is not fluctuating, all settings are where they need to be. Now i just need to measure the inlets....ugh, have to take off bumper
Your MAF may report different voltages after the air has been straightened, though, and those voltages may change differently through the RPM range.

That's why he would have used fuel compensation to even it out.

Or it may be identical, who can say without trying? haha

Edit:
To clarify what I mean, lets say that @ WOT you start at 1.2v around 2k RPM and by redline you're reading 4.6v.

Then you straighten out your airflow and now you're getting 0.9v at 2k RPM and by redline you're at 4.8v. Because the turbulence compressed your delta V over the rev range, and now that the turbulence isn't there, you're getting accurate flow numbers.

But because your tuner set up your fueling tables based on that 1.2v-4.6v spread, you've got inaccurate fueling data throughout the rev range. See what I mean?

(this is all theoretical, numbers picked at random)

Last edited by Sh0velMan; 02-19-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Sh0velMan is offline   Reply With Quote