View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #83 (permalink)
Sh0velMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Noisily.
Sh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Interesting. I've gone back and forth on whether to use metal seats like that before, I still haven't ordered one way or the other and won't for a couple more months probably. What's the mounting plan?
Dropping the seat off with the car @ the cage builder. He's to make a mounting platform for the seat and brace it to the cage.

It's going to take 3 f'ing weeks to get the seat (supposedly) so I'm going to have to delay delivering to the builder, unless he thinks he can get started with the work before the seat gets in and just leave the areas around the driver until the end.

Oh, and the seat weighs like 14 pounds and is a full tilt road racing seat. I don't care for the overpriced and overweight 'composite' seats that usually get put in Z's. The real superlight seats (carbon backed) are way, way outside my price range, so this is a good compromise I think.