Nissan 370Z Forum  

Who is going to this???

Originally Posted by krsplsh well got the car, but the wife says "no way" we got a family and this is not a family car. so it is for sale...any

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > The370Z.com Sponsored Events > ZCON 2010

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 03:11 PM   #61 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: '14 Q60IPL/'14Armada
Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsplsh View Post
well got the car, but the wife says "no way" we got a family and this is not a family car. so it is for sale...any takers?
I'm not a tax expert but I would not be surprised that you'll have to pay income taxes on the MSRP of the vehicle; or at the very least; taxes on more "value" than you could actually sell the car for. Then you turn around and sell it for likely 15-25% less than MSRP just to unload it all because it's not a family car???

Do you understand how very few people could ever win a prize like that?

Does your wife understand that you are going to take a bath, financially on what should be a wonderful gift/windfall?

I'm sure you went into this with the best of intentions but a little "pre-planning" would have gone a long way...you would have been better off if you had simply declined the prize and let someone else win it.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:46 PM   #62 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: none of your busines
krsplsh is on a distinguished road
Default tax on vehicle

ok, my accountant has it all worked out on what we will have to pay and all of that. i understand the implications of "my duty" to the IRS. I also know what the car is worth (MSRP and retail), and what I would have to pay and loose with the car monetary-wise. hey, if we sell this for 50% of what the car is worth (after taxes and all) I am still up! I was part owner of a car lot so I know how this works and how the money aspect moves with vehicles.
I understand all of you guys getting pissed off at me for selling this, and not "standing up" to my wife, but this is not a practical car for me/us now. I own a company and money does not grow on trees (unless you are a tree farmer). I am looking out for the long run of my family, my business, and the future for us. if you cant understand that than you have to grow up! I have owned many cars in the past (some of which were exotics) and I really think this car is a great car! but it is NOT PRACTICAL for where I am in life at this point!
decline the prize? so if someone came up to you and gave you $5k dollars tax free you would walk away? didnt think so, and that is if i sell this thing for a severe loss. if you want it we will talk and you can buy it!
as for pre planning....what do you mean, i can plan on winning something like this all the time? or do you mean planning after winning? the later i have done! that is why i am selling this, DUH!
so if you cant say congrats then
krsplsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:23 PM   #63 (permalink)
Track Member

Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

Congratulate you for what - for winning and then disposing of a car many people dream about owning???

I dont' often say things like this to people but this simply sucks.

So long as you obey the rules of the contest then you can do whatever the hell you want no matter what anybody here says or thinks about it but personally I find it disgusting that someone would enter a contest to win a car that they won't keep (and I can only assume they either knew they wouldn't keep or should have know their "wife" wouldn't let them) which means that someone else who may have been dreaming of a car like this all their lives can't win it.

I also wonder why you then come here and advertise the fact that you "can't" keep the car??? Are you just looking for attention?

I hope you enjoy your cash but if you are going to "point" at people and tell them to get the f**k out remember that three fingers are pointing back at you.

Last edited by Robert_Nash; 08-02-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Robert_Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:38 PM   #64 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370 Touring/Sport
fullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond reputefullmonty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Nash View Post
Congratulate you for what - for winning and then disposing of a car many people dream about owning???

I dont' often say things like this to people but this simply sucks.

So long as you obey the rules of the contest then you can do whatever the hell you want no matter what anybody here says or thinks about it but personally I find it disgusting that someone would enter a contest to win a car that they won't keep (and I can only assume they either knew they wouldn't keep or should have know their "wife" wouldn't let them) which means that someone else who may have been dreaming of a car like this all their lives can't win it.

I also wonder why you then come here and advertise the fact that you "can't" keep the car??? Are you just looking for attention?

I hope you enjoy your cash but if you are going to "point" at people and tell them to get the f**k out remember that three fingers are pointing back at you.
Entering a contest for a car that isn't practical for you only to sell it off is kind of a Dbag move.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #65 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2003 350Z DB
westpak is on a distinguished road

wow what an event, amazing amount of Z's and getting to meet and get the autograph of the designer of the 240Z who started it all was a great bonus to the week.

As for the winner of the Nismo Z, sir you are a disappointment, they should have put restrictions on who could enter the contest, maybe a true Z enthusiast who would appreciate the car or hell at least be at the convention so Nissan could have gotten some mileage out of giving the car away but to not even attend the event to receive it??? Dbag move indeed
westpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #66 (permalink)
Track Member

It was an incredible event...there were some problems to be sure but I hope ZCCA and the Georgia club hosting the event next year in Savannah will correct those.

I've been to many, many Z events (Atlanta, Tulsa, Tampa, Chicago, Branson, Nashville (of course), ZDays at the Tail of the Dragon and others...all are great events and worthy of attendance but there is something special at the international convention.

I hope ZCCA can take this and build upon the incredible turn-out they had this year!
Old 08-02-2010, 06:16 PM   #67 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '07 Z4 "M" Roadster
antennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond reputeantennahead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It was an incredible event...there were some problems to be sure but I hope ZCCA and the Georgia club hosting the event next year in Savannah will correct those.

I've been to many, many Z events (Atlanta, Tulsa, Tampa, Chicago, Branson, Nashville (of course), ZDays at the Tail of the Dragon and others...all are great events and worthy of attendance but there is something special at the international convention.

I hope ZCCA can take this and build upon the incredible turn-out they had this year!
Woo Hoo, Savannah next year? I'm in
Old 08-03-2010, 08:31 AM   #68 (permalink)
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: NLA
Dustin@Z1 is a jewel in the roughDustin@Z1 is a jewel in the roughDustin@Z1 is a jewel in the rough

For those of you who were unable to attend the 2010 ZCon, the 2011 ZCon will be in Savannah, Georgia. Its a great little coastal town in south georgia.

Based on the proposal given by the hosting Z club down there, it looks to be an AWESOME event. Almost everything is held on one of the islands. The car show will be INDOORS [with A/C] with the possibility of two seperate race tracks [which includes Roabling Road].

I am already looking forward to next year's event.
Dustin@Z1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #69 (permalink)
Track Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin@Z1 View Post
For those of you who were unable to attend the 2010 ZCon, the 2011 ZCon will be in Savannah, Georgia. Its a great little coastal town in south georgia.

Based on the proposal given by the hosting Z club down there, it looks to be an AWESOME event. Almost everything is held on one of the islands. The car show will be INDOORS [with A/C] with the possibility of two seperate race tracks [which includes Roabling Road].

I am already looking forward to next year's event.
And let me add that many, many of us appreciate Z1's outstanding support of events like ZCON, ZDayZ, ZAtack and so many, many others. Those events could simply not happen without the efforts of sponsors like you guys at Z1. We may not always say it but we DO appreciate it!

Old 08-04-2010, 09:31 AM   #70 (permalink)
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Non Turbo S
josh@z1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to josh@z1

Quote:
And let me add that many, many of us appreciate Z1's outstanding support of events like ZCON, ZDayZ, ZAtack and so many, many others. Those events could simply not happen without the efforts of sponsors like you guys at Z1. We may not always say it but we DO appreciate it!

Boy that is great to hear! We put tremendous amounts of time to make these events a success.
This year all but two of our staff made the drive and participated in working the car show along with the other events at this years convention.

It is our pleasure to create desire for Z Owners to remain Z Owners and get the most out of their Z. We are in business for the people and to keep the Z "alive".
josh@z1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #71 (permalink)
Track Member

For my "take" on the convention, including what went wrong...

http://www.the370z.com/zcon-2010/231...on-2010-a.html