Nissan 370Z Forum

Nissan 370Z Forum (http://www.the370z.com/)
-   Nissan 370Z Warranty / Scheduled Maintenance / Servicing / Repairs (http://www.the370z.com/nissan-370z-warranty-scheduled-maintenance-servicing-repairs/)
-   -   Extended Warranty: Did You Purchase a Nissan Warranty? How much? (http://www.the370z.com/nissan-370z-warranty-scheduled-maintenance-servicing-repairs/2914-extended-warranty-did-you-purchase-nissan-warranty-how-much.html)

SoCal 370Z 03-24-2009 02:39 PM

Extended Warranty: Did You Purchase a Nissan Warranty? How much?
 
This poll is to learn and hopefully explain Nissan's Extended Warranty and is a result of this Extended Warranty thread, by TacoZ. Nissan offers several extended
warranties. The most extensive being the Security+Plus.

You have to sixty (60) days in which to cancel your warranty agreement and receive a full refund. If you have financed the amount then your finance company will receive the credit, and you will reduce your loan by said amount; if you paid out-of-pocket, then you will receive the refund. To cancel your warranty the quickest way is to go to a Nissan dealer and have them verify the odometer reading as (an odometer statement is mandatory), and have them process the refund.

You have until the end—not one day or mile after—until the factory warranty ends (3-years/36000-miles) to purchase a Nissan Extended Warranty.

In listing how much you paid it is important to reference the correct warranty. Thank you.

You can purchase the right Security+Plus plan for you from Nissan Extended Warranty DOT COM at any time within the first 3 years or 36,000 miles of your vehicle's original in-service date. However, you will get the most out of Security+Plus by selecting a plan early.

All Security+Plus plans offer transferable coverage, your choice of deductible and flexible financing options. A brief summary of each plan appears below.

Security+Plus Gold Preferred
Security+Plus Gold
Security+Plus Silver Preferred
Security+Plus Silver
Security+Plus Bronze

Security+Plus Gold Preferred
Covers over 1,950 components
24-hour roadside assistance, trip-interruption benefits and 17 different time and mileage options, plus all the coverage of

Security+Plus Gold
Covers over 1,800 components
Designed for owners of accessorized new Nissans, since it covers many electronic items found on 'luxury' or 'high-tech' models
9 different time and mileage options
Towing and car rental reimbursement

Security+Plus Silver Preferred
Covers over 1,350 components
24-hour roadside assistance and trip-interruption benefits, plus all the coverage of Security+Plus Silver listed below

Security+Plus Silver
Covers over 1,200 components
Designed for owners of accessorized new Nissans, since it covers many electronic items found on 'luxury' or 'high-tech' models
6 time and mileage options
Towing and car rental reimbursement

Security+Plus Bronze
Covers over 780 components
6 time and mileage options

TacoZ 03-24-2009 03:00 PM

Awesome! This is the kind of information I was looking for. I was really debating on it but let me read through all of this and then decide. I will end up buying it before the 3 year warranty ends.

arcticreaver 03-24-2009 03:01 PM

i did not purchase any type of extended warranty

SoCal 370Z 03-24-2009 03:35 PM

I was quoted $2,495 for the Security+Plus Gold Preferred.

sylenze 03-25-2009 10:48 AM

it seems like i am the only one who purchased the security+plus gold preferred... i got it for $1500 for 100k and 6 yrs... i was defensive with my Z purchase but when the guy said "it covers harsh driving conditions... especially when you and your friend opened up our test drive car... i think you would need it"... done... haha...

SoCal 370Z 03-25-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sylenze (Post 47280)
...i got it for $1500 for 100k and 6 yrs...

Are you sure that is not 7 years versus 6?

sylenze 03-25-2009 01:04 PM

you are right... i did not care about the years because i'll probably drive 100k in four/five years... sorry didn't mean to mislead..

Robert_Nash 03-25-2009 02:37 PM

Regardless of how long you intend to keep your car and/or whether you intend to mod it (and void the warranty anyway); never, never, never buy an extended warranty.

Keep in mind that the insurance company (and that's all it is) is in business to make a profit and the only way it can make a profit is to charge enough in fees to cover all their potential exposure and then some plus these plans are a HUGE profit center for the dealer (and that profit has to be covered as well).

You will be far, far better off to take whatever money you would spend on an extended warranty and put it in the bank...better yet, have a real emergency fund so that paying for vehicle repairs when they happen aren't a big deal.

sylenze 03-25-2009 04:16 PM

i understand your point about the general business of warranties and insurances... if that is the case, then i hope they stop making insurance a requirement to operate a vehicle... because mine is raping me right now...

however, to give you a better understanding of why i did purchase the warranty, i also took consideration of...

1) the fact that the 370Z i bought have unique features that has not appeared in any other nissan cars like the the sychro rev and its unique wider chassis... if these features were present on the 350 or the g35/37s, then i would feel more comfortable that the bugs on these tech/design have already been ironed out... from my understanding certain design even though thoroughly tested and researched would still have problems... (*analogy* remember iron man movie when he flew to outer space and his suit iced up)

2) the warranty, as mentioned, is quite impressive... it covers a lot such as paint, rims, engine, and others... and as mentioned harsh driving conditions... the only thing it does not are the normal wear of the car... for the amount of it, i think it definitely has value...

these are my opinion... im not saying you are wrong, however, people have different risk aptitude and driving characteristics... and in thinking about mine... i think it is worth it...

Bobba Booey 03-25-2009 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sylenze
*analogy* remember iron man movie when he flew to outer space and his suit iced up

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/lolz20catti4.jpg

SoCal 370Z 03-25-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sylenze (Post 47416)
it covers a lot such as paint, rims, engine, and others...

Are you sure you purchased the nissan warranty as I do not see any mention of paint, unless I am wrong? Thanks.

Robert_Nash 03-25-2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sylenze (Post 47416)
i understand your point about the general business of warranties and insurances... if that is the case, then i hope they stop making insurance a requirement to operate a vehicle... because mine is raping me right now...

however, to give you a better understanding of why i did purchase the warranty, i also took consideration of...

1) the fact that the 370Z i bought have unique features that has not appeared in any other nissan cars like the the sychro rev and its unique wider chassis... if these features were present on the 350 or the g35/37s, then i would feel more comfortable that the bugs on these tech/design have already been ironed out... from my understanding certain design even though thoroughly tested and researched would still have problems... (*analogy* remember iron man movie when he flew to outer space and his suit iced up)

2) the warranty, as mentioned, is quite impressive... it covers a lot such as paint, rims, engine, and others... and as mentioned harsh driving conditions... the only thing it does not are the normal wear of the car... for the amount of it, i think it definitely has value...

these are my opinion... im not saying you are wrong, however, people have different risk aptitude and driving characteristics... and in thinking about mine... i think it is worth it...

I understand your reasons.

Keep in mind that the underwriter has to/has taken concerns such as yours (new technology, etc) into account in arriving at the premium they have to charge to make a profit...also, about the only thing with more mark-up in it than an extended warranty is jewelry which is why dealers love to sell them so upwards of 30-50% of what you paid went straight into the dealer's pocket.

Not trying to beat up on you here and you may be one of the "lucky" ones who actually end up better off with the extended warranty than without since some people will experience all those breakdowns and repairs the insurance company has to plan for.

sylenze 03-25-2009 07:14 PM

socal, i just reread the agreement...you are right there no warranty on paint or wheels... i was under the impression there was because of one post on the original thread... see k. alexander's posts....

KillerBee370 03-26-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sylenze (Post 47473)
socal, i just reread the agreement...you are right there no warranty on paint or wheels... i was under the impression there was because of one post on the original thread... see k. alexander's posts....

I believe the paint is covered under an optional $500 plan that includes some sort of "clearcoat" that the dealer puts on the vehicle at your convenience. At least this was the case where I purchased my car. They said that if anything at all happens to the paint (obviously not being keyed etc.) that they will repaint any or all of the car at no cost to me.

I went ahead and purchased it. But no extended warranty. I personally never purchase extended warranties. The finance guy was pushing me on it for like 30 minutes.. kinda starting pissing me off. I figured somehow it was in his best interest to do this? Some sort of kickback?

ChrisSlicks 03-26-2009 09:58 PM

The more sleazy finance guys really push that extended warranty hard because they make a huge profit on it. Mine mentioned it and when I said I didn't want it they left it alone after that.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2