Nissan 370Z Forum  

I Searched, I Found....now what do I do???

I've been "casually" looking for a Roadster for the past several months. I have owned my 370Z Coupe for a year and before that had an '07 350Z Roadster. Since

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Other 370Z Models > Nissan 370Z Roadster (Convertible)

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
JohnsZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 374
Drives: '09 370Z Tour CY M6
Rep Power: 4
JohnsZ will become famous soon enoughJohnsZ will become famous soon enough
Default I Searched, I Found....now what do I do???

I've been "casually" looking for a Roadster for the past several months. I have owned my 370Z Coupe for a year and before that had an '07 350Z Roadster. Since I had both, I can say that I prefer the Roadster. Today, I not only found one with my top choice in color (blk cherry), it also has Navigation which I have been wanting. To sweeten the pot, it also has the Sports Package. If this isn't my dream Z, it's pretty darn close. The Roadster has 26k miles and they are asking $26,900. Through internet communication, they are offereing me just over $20k for my trade...370Z Touring Coupe, CY in perfect condition. The Dealer who has the Roadster is about 3 hours away. I don't want to waste my time going down there if they aren't going to make a deal. Any suggestions?
JohnsZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
Highway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 394
Drives: Offroad
Rep Power: 4
Highway is on a distinguished road
Default

Does your current Z have near the same mileage? I would just make sure that it's a definite upgrade since you're having to put out a little more money. Probably worth the trip if you're itching to get back into a roadster.

I jumped on mine the second I saw it. I have a thing for white convertibles with black interior...the sport package and nav was just a bonus. I would like to have a little more trunk space at times, but no major complaints with my vert.

I would say it sounds like a fun road trip.
Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Screw it. IDC.
 
blackcherry20's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Buckeye Country ;)
Posts: 19,295
Drives: Harry! I<3 my Z!
Rep Power: 2295
blackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway View Post
Does your current Z have near the same mileage? I would just make sure that it's a definite upgrade since you're having to put out a little more money. Probably worth the trip if you're itching to get back into a roadster.

I jumped on mine the second I saw it. I have a thing for white convertibles with black interior...the sport package and nav was just a bonus. I would like to have a little more trunk space at times, but no major complaints with my vert.

I would say it sounds like a fun road trip.
if you're serious go check it out
__________________

||Splash Guards| 35% Tint| K&N| Z1| Pioneer HU| Michelin PSS|GT-R Button |Clutch Helper Spring||
blackcherry20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Track Member
 
jlbrenne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 582
Drives: Roadster BLACK
Rep Power: 4
jlbrenne is on a distinguished road
Default

Sounds like a decent price for the mileage...what year is it?
__________________
Black Rdstr:GTHAUS Meisterschaft FCB.Tint(20%+50% windshield).3"Carb Stub Ant.Z Lisc Plt & LED.Rr fog.VF Fend.Cust Handles.EVO Cust Rdstr Wing.Varrstoen 19" Whls.Stillen HFC&CAI.Swift Spring.VQ37 Cust Mani.Z1 UPREV.Amuse.310whp/254torq
jlbrenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
RandyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Potomac Falls, VA
Posts: 2,968
Drives: 2010 370z 7AT Roadst
Rep Power: 10
RandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud ofRandyD has much to be proud of
Default

roadster for the win. go get it.
RandyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Base Member
 
NuffZed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 105
Drives: 12 370ZR Blk Rose M6
Rep Power: 3
NuffZed is on a distinguished road
Default

You can't go wrong with black cherry in a roadster. As for the time issue all I can say is no time behind the wheel of a 370 is a waste. If you do the trade the 3 hours back will be a joy with the top down. Keep us posted
__________________

'12 Blk Rose 6MT Sport Nav - Stillen Gen2 intakes - Stillen HFCs and Cat Back Exhaust - H&R 15/20mm spacers - Koni Shocks - Swift Springs
NuffZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
JohnsZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 374
Drives: '09 370Z Tour CY M6
Rep Power: 4
JohnsZ will become famous soon enoughJohnsZ will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuffZed View Post
You can't go wrong with black cherry in a roadster. As for the time issue all I can say is no time behind the wheel of a 370 is a waste. If you do the trade the 3 hours back will be a joy with the top down. Keep us posted
They sold that Roadster before I had time to make arrangements to go down to see it. It wasn't meant to be! However, I'm currently looking at another 2010 Touring Roadster at a local Nissan dealer. It's everthing I wanted including the color (white) and navigation. My only hesitation is the miles, it has 50K but is a one owner, clean fax, and Certified. They're asking just under $28K. My Z is my daily driver and I put at least 20K miles on per year. Is 50K too many miles for me to consider? Mine has only 33K.
JohnsZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Track Member
 
jlbrenne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 582
Drives: Roadster BLACK
Rep Power: 4
jlbrenne is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsZ View Post
They sold that Roadster before I had time to make arrangements to go down to see it. It wasn't meant to be! However, I'm currently looking at another 2010 Touring Roadster at a local Nissan dealer. It's everthing I wanted including the color (white) and navigation. My only hesitation is the miles, it has 50K but is a one owner, clean fax, and Certified. They're asking just under $28K. My Z is my daily driver and I put at least 20K miles on per year. Is 50K too many miles for me to consider? Mine has only 33K.
With the miles it seems just a little high but really depends on the area I would assume. Me personally wouldnt pay more than $25/$26k for a Roadster with that many miles. I paid $27k for mine a year ago with 20,000 miles (bone stock), then added a $3k full warranty to cover the car top to bottom to make the purchase price $30k even.

I would offer $25k and see what they say...thats just me
__________________
Black Rdstr:GTHAUS Meisterschaft FCB.Tint(20%+50% windshield).3"Carb Stub Ant.Z Lisc Plt & LED.Rr fog.VF Fend.Cust Handles.EVO Cust Rdstr Wing.Varrstoen 19" Whls.Stillen HFC&CAI.Swift Spring.VQ37 Cust Mani.Z1 UPREV.Amuse.310whp/254torq
jlbrenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
JohnsZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 374
Drives: '09 370Z Tour CY M6
Rep Power: 4
JohnsZ will become famous soon enoughJohnsZ will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbrenne View Post
With the miles it seems just a little high but really depends on the area I would assume. Me personally wouldnt pay more than $25/$26k for a Roadster with that many miles. I paid $27k for mine a year ago with 20,000 miles (bone stock), then added a $3k full warranty to cover the car top to bottom to make the purchase price $30k even.

I would offer $25k and see what they say...thats just me
Thanks! I kind of thought the same. Does the fact that it's Certified sweeten the pot (sorta speak)?
JohnsZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OEM shift knob removal (SEARCHED) FromG2Z Exterior & Interior 53 08-23-2014 11:11 PM
Searched for days, Picture help please Felix 808 Wheels & Tires 6 10-28-2012 10:49 AM
FOund under my car Gauge Nismo 370Z 19 03-12-2012 03:30 PM
I searched... Anyone know the width of the stock Touring wheels? atx370z Nissan 370Z General Discussions 1 08-15-2010 11:19 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2