Nissan 370Z Forum  

looking for someone with FI exhaust in Chicago

hi guys, I just ordered a set of FI CBE couple weeks ago. Now I'm debating whether to have resonator or not. Watched all the videos on youtube but still

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Regions > United States > Mid Western Region

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ohohoh123456

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
ohohoh123456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: (‧‧)nnn
Posts: 329
Drives: a Baby
Rep Power: 8
ohohoh123456 is on a distinguished road
Default looking for someone with FI exhaust in Chicago

hi guys,

I just ordered a set of FI CBE couple weeks ago. Now I'm debating whether to have resonator or not. Watched all the videos on youtube but still can't figure out. So I'm wondering if there is someone willing to show me how either the non-res or 12'' res sounds and maybe grab a coffee or something.

Thanks
__________________
13 NISMO|Magma Red|F.I. TDX 12''+NRHFC|
ohohoh123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
1cleanZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 1,124
Drives: '09 PW Nismo
Rep Power: 16
1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I'm in the Twin Cities. I'm a FI rep. Had the full SS catback w/ RHFCs and 18" resonators in the Xpipe on my G37...loved it. Now I have RHFCs paired with a NONresonated Xpipe on my Nismo and love it too.

I will tell you that, the Z itself really doesn't have any sound deadening inside of it, so the exhaust is MUCH louder in the cabin of the Z then the G.

Are you more worried about how loud it is INSIDE the car or outside? I posted up a few vids of my setup a month ago or so. Gives a pretty good idea of how it sounds on the outside...
__________________
2009 PW Nismo #0021 -My Built Progress >>1cleanG to 1cleanZ<<
Team NextLevel
1cleanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
ohohoh123456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: (‧‧)nnn
Posts: 329
Drives: a Baby
Rep Power: 8
ohohoh123456 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cleanZ View Post
I'm in the Twin Cities. I'm a FI rep. Had the full SS catback w/ RHFCs and 18" resonators in the Xpipe on my G37...loved it. Now I have RHFCs paired with a NONresonated Xpipe on my Nismo and love it too.

I will tell you that, the Z itself really doesn't have any sound deadening inside of it, so the exhaust is MUCH louder in the cabin of the Z then the G.

Are you more worried about how loud it is INSIDE the car or outside? I posted up a few vids of my setup a month ago or so. Gives a pretty good idea of how it sounds on the outside...
Thank you for your response. I like loud exhaust but I don't want people to hear it from 5 blocks away. I'm also wondering if you have any info on how to louder the exhaust if I think it is too loud (if i order 12'') or how to lower the volume if I order non-res?
__________________
13 NISMO|Magma Red|F.I. TDX 12''+NRHFC|
ohohoh123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
1cleanZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 1,124
Drives: '09 PW Nismo
Rep Power: 16
1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohohoh123456 View Post
Thank you for your response. I like loud exhaust but I don't want people to hear it from 5 blocks away. I'm also wondering if you have any info on how to louder the exhaust if I think it is too loud (if i order 12'') or how to lower the volume if I order non-res?
Its much easier to make the exhaust louder then quieter. To make it louder, that's when you can choose to swap out your OEM cats for either HFCs or TPs.

If you're concerned about sound, I would HIGHLY recommend 18" resonators in the Xpipe.
__________________
2009 PW Nismo #0021 -My Built Progress >>1cleanG to 1cleanZ<<
Team NextLevel
1cleanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Base Member
 
09nismo498's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago burbs
Posts: 207
Drives: 14 GTR
Rep Power: 12
09nismo498 has much to be proud of09nismo498 has much to be proud of09nismo498 has much to be proud of09nismo498 has much to be proud of09nismo498 has much to be proud of09nismo498 has much to be proud of09nismo498 has much to be proud of09nismo498 has much to be proud of09nismo498 has much to be proud of09nismo498 has much to be proud of
Default

I'm running non res. i was originally going to run 12", but after talking to tony decided to go non res. its really not much louder from what he says. i am twin turbo though, so that makes a bit of a difference
09nismo498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
ohohoh123456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: (‧‧)nnn
Posts: 329
Drives: a Baby
Rep Power: 8
ohohoh123456 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09nismo498 View Post
I'm running non res. i was originally going to run 12", but after talking to tony decided to go non res. its really not much louder from what he says. i am twin turbo though, so that makes a bit of a difference
How do you feel? How loud is it outside and inside? Is the droning very loud? I heard turbos make exhaust quieter.
__________________
13 NISMO|Magma Red|F.I. TDX 12''+NRHFC|
ohohoh123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Im a Fireball
 
jlo370z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ill in noise
Posts: 3,358
Drives: 11 370z Red 6spd
Rep Power: 43422
jlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I have 12" res HFC and CBE from FI..... and I dont think its loud enough.
__________________
❝The Jlo370Z Build❞
523HP | 455 ftb tq | 11.5 PSI | 93 Octane
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn Baby!l
jlo370z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
ohohoh123456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: (‧‧)nnn
Posts: 329
Drives: a Baby
Rep Power: 8
ohohoh123456 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cleanZ View Post
Its much easier to make the exhaust louder then quieter. To make it louder, that's when you can choose to swap out your OEM cats for either HFCs or TPs.

If you're concerned about sound, I would HIGHLY recommend 18" resonators in the Xpipe.
I like loud exhausts but I don't want people to hear me from 3 blocks away without flooring the gas paddle. (I do like exhaust popping sound, I think that's really cool)
__________________
13 NISMO|Magma Red|F.I. TDX 12''+NRHFC|
ohohoh123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
ohohoh123456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: (‧‧)nnn
Posts: 329
Drives: a Baby
Rep Power: 8
ohohoh123456 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlo370z View Post
I have 12" res HFC and CBE from FI..... and I dont think its loud enough.
Perhaps I can go non-res and if it turns too loud, I can sound deaden the trunk. But I think that costs more than adding a HFC and adds weight.
__________________
13 NISMO|Magma Red|F.I. TDX 12''+NRHFC|
ohohoh123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Im a Fireball
 
jlo370z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ill in noise
Posts: 3,358
Drives: 11 370z Red 6spd
Rep Power: 43422
jlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond reputejlo370z has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohohoh123456 View Post
Perhaps I can go non-res and if it turns too loud, I can sound deaden the trunk. But I think that costs more than adding a HFC and adds weight.
Let me rephrase my statement for you

I have drone WITH my res system from 45-60mph forget hearing anything else.
Tony said the resonation of the exhaust only impacted the interior, not the volume out the exit. Im not so sure I agree with that but its hard to find anyone with same set up non resonated.

Ive heard a system with test pipe and 18" resonated mufflers and it is louder then mine.

Id like to hear the same as mine but non resonated and compare.

if i had to do it again, id probably gone TP vs HFC. but I wanted to comply with Illinois smog rules some what.

If you want loud do test pipes. if you want a really good sound and semi loud. do HFC and CBE non resonated. if you need to hear in the car at highway speeds, do at least 12" res
__________________
❝The Jlo370Z Build❞
523HP | 455 ftb tq | 11.5 PSI | 93 Octane
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn Baby!l
jlo370z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
ohohoh123456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: (‧‧)nnn
Posts: 329
Drives: a Baby
Rep Power: 8
ohohoh123456 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlo370z View Post
Let me rephrase my statement for you

I have drone WITH my res system from 45-60mph forget hearing anything else.
Tony said the resonation of the exhaust only impacted the interior, not the volume out the exit. Im not so sure I agree with that but its hard to find anyone with same set up non resonated.

Ive heard a system with test pipe and 18" resonated mufflers and it is louder then mine.

Id like to hear the same as mine but non resonated and compare.

if i had to do it again, id probably gone TP vs HFC. but I wanted to comply with Illinois smog rules some what.

If you want loud do test pipes. if you want a really good sound and semi loud. do HFC and CBE non resonated. if you need to hear in the car at highway speeds, do at least 12" res
This is really helpful I think. Thank you very much!
jlo370z likes this.
__________________
13 NISMO|Magma Red|F.I. TDX 12''+NRHFC|
ohohoh123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic
 
1cleanZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 1,124
Drives: '09 PW Nismo
Rep Power: 16
1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Resonated HFCs paired with a NONresonated catback
COLD START(and yes, actually COLD, temp was about 43 degrees >>excuse the clutch/flywheel chatter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqFNgooTrds


Acceleration Vids (first pull to 3500rpms, 2nd pull WOT)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QztxIHy5Kog
__________________
2009 PW Nismo #0021 -My Built Progress >>1cleanG to 1cleanZ<<
Team NextLevel
1cleanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FOR SALE] Nismo S-Tune Catback Exhaust, chicago il znakos Parts for sale (Private Classifieds) 6 05-09-2013 06:44 PM
[FOR SALE] Agency Power Exhaust Chicago il killergx001 Parts for sale (Private Classifieds) 31 03-27-2013 10:40 AM
[FOR SALE] Fast Intention TDX "18 res Catback Exhaust New!! Chicago IL killergx001 Parts for sale (Private Classifieds) 13 03-19-2013 06:48 PM
New From Chicago porkbird New Forum Member 9 08-30-2010 11:44 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2