Nissan 370Z Forum  

FI Long Tube Headers...

Its to my understand that if i got the headers i wouldnt need anycats or HFCs. So when I get this installed will they need to access it from the

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Engine & Drivetrain > Intake/Exhaust


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 09:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
JrumMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 324
Drives: Pearl White 370z
Rep Power: 13
JrumMusic is on a distinguished road
Post FI Long Tube Headers...

Its to my understand that if i got the headers i wouldnt need anycats or HFCs. So when I get this installed will they need to access it from the top of the engine or underneath? Im trying to understand if my engine will have to be dropped or what... I dont wanna pay a arm and a leg to get the CBE and Long Tube headers installed, im planing on purchasing after april 20th.
__________________
Pearl White 370z | Sport Package | 19" Rays | Stillen Oil Cooler |Ark CBE | K&N Short Ram Intake | Kenwood 7" Nav Unit | Custom Sound System | More mods coming soon
JrumMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
Nissanboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: H-Town
Posts: 378
Drives: Too slow
Rep Power: 14
Nissanboy is on a distinguished road
Default

Should be able to do it just from accessing it underneath the car. I ordered mine and will receive it in about two months. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for the labor either so I'll be attempting it by myself. I'll let ya know how it goes

Last edited by Nissanboy; 04-09-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Nissanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
JrumMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 324
Drives: Pearl White 370z
Rep Power: 13
JrumMusic is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissanboy View Post
Should be able to do it just from accessing it underneath the car. I ordered mine and will receive it in about two months. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for the labor either so I'll be attempting it by myself. I'll let ya know how it goes
Nice man, yeah Tony is a great guy, very informative. Let me know how it goes bro!
__________________
Pearl White 370z | Sport Package | 19" Rays | Stillen Oil Cooler |Ark CBE | K&N Short Ram Intake | Kenwood 7" Nav Unit | Custom Sound System | More mods coming soon
JrumMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Track Member
 
tomnavone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: S.F. Bay Area
Posts: 723
Drives: Supercharged 370z
Rep Power: 16
tomnavone is a jewel in the roughtomnavone is a jewel in the roughtomnavone is a jewel in the roughtomnavone is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrumMusic View Post
Its to my understand that if i got the headers i wouldnt need anycats or HFCs. So when I get this installed will they need to access it from the top of the engine or underneath? Im trying to understand if my engine will have to be dropped or what... I dont wanna pay a arm and a leg to get the CBE and Long Tube headers installed, im planing on purchasing after april 20th.
Fi long tube headers will run u 500 to 600 to install maybe a bit more depending on where u live and shop rates Fi charges 80 an hour and it takes them 6 to 8 hours to install
Price for long tube header install?
__________________
GTM Supercharger/HKS Camp2/Berk cbe/Motordyne art pipes/Hotchkis sways/ Eibach Springs/ Black Volk TE37/Bridgestone S-04
Powered by

Last edited by tomnavone; 04-09-2011 at 10:08 PM.
tomnavone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
JrumMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 324
Drives: Pearl White 370z
Rep Power: 13
JrumMusic is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnavone View Post
Fi long tube headers will run u 500 to 600 to install maybe a bit more depending on where u live and shop rates Fi charges 80 an hour and it takes them 6 to 8 hours to install


Price for long tube header install?
Thanks for your info, Titan Motorsports in Orlando about 45mins from me.

So roughly $3.5-4.5k for a CBE, LT HEADERS & INSTALL. for a gain of 40+hp.
__________________
Pearl White 370z | Sport Package | 19" Rays | Stillen Oil Cooler |Ark CBE | K&N Short Ram Intake | Kenwood 7" Nav Unit | Custom Sound System | More mods coming soon
JrumMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Track Member
 
Viera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 897
Drives: '09 M.Blue 370Z 6MT
Rep Power: 264
Viera has a reputation beyond reputeViera has a reputation beyond reputeViera has a reputation beyond reputeViera has a reputation beyond reputeViera has a reputation beyond reputeViera has a reputation beyond reputeViera has a reputation beyond reputeViera has a reputation beyond reputeViera has a reputation beyond reputeViera has a reputation beyond reputeViera has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrumMusic View Post
Thanks for your info, Titan Motorsports in Orlando about 45mins from me.

So roughly $3.5-4.5k for a CBE, LT HEADERS & INSTALL. for a gain of 40+hp.
I have the resonated test pipes, but the LTH is going to sound BEAST.
__________________
Fast Intentions / VarrsToen / Stillen / BC Racing / SPC / K&N / Project Kics / Hankook / Morimoto / JDM Rear Fog
Viera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Base Member
 
nixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 163
Drives: Black 370z 6MT Sp/T
Rep Power: 15
nixxer is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrumMusic View Post
Its to my understand that if i got the headers i wouldnt need anycats or HFCs. So when I get this installed will they need to access it from the top of the engine or underneath? Im trying to understand if my engine will have to be dropped or what... I dont wanna pay a arm and a leg to get the CBE and Long Tube headers installed, im planing on purchasing after april 20th.
LTH = No cats. For some thats not a big deal, for others its a deal breaker. Some inspection sites will fail/fine you if you dont have cats installed. Just a heads up. They check by using a sniffer on the exhaust, putting your car on a lift, or mirrors on sticks to see under the car.

On install, the engine does not need to be dropped. But the bolts need to be accessed from both above and beneath the engine bay, as well as some minor electrical work to extend the O2 sensors.

I would guess the costs to be closer to 3,000-3,500, give or take a few hundred. For future reference, the cost to install headers, historically, is about 75%-100% of the costs of the headers themselves.

Once everything is said and done, you should begin to look into a tune. Your engine will be running very lean at WOT and if you pound on it too much without a tune bad things may happen. Look into Osiris UpRev for tuning as COBB no longer supports our platform(bastids...).
__________________
FI TDX 12" | FI LTH | Injen CAI | UpRev | Tuned by AMS
www.project-definition.com
nixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member
 
JrumMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 324
Drives: Pearl White 370z
Rep Power: 13
JrumMusic is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixxer View Post
LTH = No cats. For some thats not a big deal, for others its a deal breaker. Some inspection sites will fail/fine you if you dont have cats installed. Just a heads up. They check by using a sniffer on the exhaust, putting your car on a lift, or mirrors on sticks to see under the car.

On install, the engine does not need to be dropped. But the bolts need to be accessed from both above and beneath the engine bay, as well as some minor electrical work to extend the O2 sensors.

I would guess the costs to be closer to 3,000-3,500, give or take a few hundred. For future reference, the cost to install headers, historically, is about 75%-100% of the costs of the headers themselves.

Once everything is said and done, you should begin to look into a tune. Your engine will be running very lean at WOT and if you pound on it too much without a tune bad things may happen. Look into Osiris UpRev for tuning as COBB no longer supports our platform(bastids...).
Wow thank you very much for your info my dude. Very well put i would have to get a serious tune.
__________________
Pearl White 370z | Sport Package | 19" Rays | Stillen Oil Cooler |Ark CBE | K&N Short Ram Intake | Kenwood 7" Nav Unit | Custom Sound System | More mods coming soon
JrumMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Base Member
 
Fern to the Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Far West TX
Posts: 151
Drives: 16 PW nismO Tech
Rep Power: 13
Fern to the Z is on a distinguished road
Default

If you run F.I. HFC with the TDX CBE will you still need to tune? Or is that only when you replace headers?

Fern to the Z
Fern to the Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LTS PE Racing Long Tube Headers... chuckd05 Parts for sale (Private Classifieds) 16 03-09-2011 09:56 PM
Long Tube Headers Mozen PPE Engineering LLC 0 02-09-2011 03:34 PM
MCR Long tube headers Valentino Intake/Exhaust 7 09-01-2010 08:52 PM
PPE Long Tube Headers? dnasty370z Intake/Exhaust 11 08-23-2010 01:30 PM
FI Long Tube Headers docaam Parts for sale (Private Classifieds) 9 03-31-2010 02:01 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2