Nissan 370Z Forum  

Nismo rear end only - what do you think?

So the right rear of my car got scraped up by some @$## in a parking garage (and I was in the corner spot, all the way in the corner).

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Exterior & Interior

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: up the wall
imag will become famous soon enough
Default Nismo rear end only - what do you think?

So the right rear of my car got scraped up by some @$## in a parking garage (and I was in the corner spot, all the way in the corner). The point is that insurance is going to give me $1275.00 to have it repainted, etc..

I'm not really a fan of the Nismo nose, but I do kind of like the Nismo rear bumper cover. I was thinking of buying just the tail to retrofit to my car.

Do you guys think just the rear section of that kit would work? I wouldn't do the side skirts or the wing.

The Nismo rear has a line near the bottom that kind of references the side skirts and the nose, but it might line up well with the stock lower rocker panel. I wish I could get a good PShop of it, but it's a tricky thing, because I'd need the same angle with both cars...

Thoughts?
imag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 05 RSX-S
vater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to vater

I personally like the front and rear Nismo bumpers a lot. If you figure out a way to get your hands on a new Nismo rear bumper, let us know. I've read that it's an exclusive part to genuine Nismo owners, and they may check your VIN to verify.
vater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vater View Post
I personally like the front and rear Nismo bumpers a lot. If you figure out a way to get your hands on a new Nismo rear bumper, let us know. I've read that it's an exclusive part to genuine Nismo owners, and they may check your VIN to verify.
Where there's a will, there's a way, I figure .
Old 06-22-2009, 01:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z MB 6mt
shabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond repute

yea - an authentic nismo you are NOT going to be able to get but you can have replica's made ....
shabarivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 05 RSX-S
vater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond reputevater has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to vater

Quote:
Originally Posted by imag View Post
Where there's a will, there's a way, I figure .
definitely never hurts to ask them
vater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

My *guess* is that Nissan isn't going to be *so* tight with the Nismo parts that it will be impossible for a dealers to sell them. After all, it's not like I'm going to get rid of my Z in favor of a Nismo (if I could even figure out why I would want to), and it's not like selling a few parts is going to vastly devalue the Nismo. It just doesn't seem to warrant much security. I could definitely see the parts being outrageously priced though, no matter who is buying them...

I really was more curious whether people would think it would work visually...
Old 06-22-2009, 04:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: _
sensi09 has a spectacular aura aboutsensi09 has a spectacular aura about

It might look a little off with everything else stock. I'd at least get a front lip or look into a front bumper in the future.
sensi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Blk on Blk 6MT
zZSportZz will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to zZSportZz

$$ talks.

I bet you can get your hands on one. In todays market, i doubt any manufacturer/dealer will really care about the authenticity of the NISMO. They are hurting bad. I could be wrong though.
zZSportZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zZSportZz View Post
$$ talks.

I bet you can get your hands on one. In todays market, i doubt any manufacturer/dealer will really care about the authenticity of the NISMO. They are hurting bad. I could be wrong though.

Maybe not...I can't even get rear parts to fix my accident damage. 1.5 months now. They tell us they "May" allow an order in July. Stinks.

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute

You can get away with the rocker panels and the rear fascia as the lines do not require the tie-in to the front fascia.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Tim
Base Member

Drives: Impala
Tim is on a distinguished road

i like the stock parts, i even mentioned in a thred under pricing and ordering that if i were to get a nismo i would replace all the body parts for stock ones (front, rear, sides, & spoiler) but that's just me heres my opinoin and then some
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z Mag Blk MT6
Z_you_Later will become famous soon enough
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by imag View Post
So the right rear of my car got scraped up by some @$## in a parking garage (and I was in the corner spot, all the way in the corner). The point is that insurance is going to give me $1275.00 to have it repainted, etc..

I'm not really a fan of the Nismo nose, but I do kind of like the Nismo rear bumper cover. I was thinking of buying just the tail to retrofit to my car.

Do you guys think just the rear section of that kit would work? I wouldn't do the side skirts or the wing.

The Nismo rear has a line near the bottom that kind of references the side skirts and the nose, but it might line up well with the stock lower rocker panel. I wish I could get a good PShop of it, but it's a tricky thing, because I'd need the same angle with both cars...

Thoughts?
I just got in an accident on Friday and called Nissan to find out if I could get the Nismo Front and Rear end for my Z ... They said they would just have to call Nissan directly to get pricing and availability and they would call me tomorrow. It shouldn't take your insurance company so long to get your car fixed considering the stock bumper covers are available at the Nissan dealership... Hope you get your ride fixed.
Z_you_Later is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
i like the stock parts, i even mentioned in a thred under pricing and ordering that if i were to get a nismo i would replace all the body parts for stock ones (front, rear, sides, & spoiler) but that's just me heres my opinoin and then some
Call me when you get the Nismo and we can swap. The Nismo bumpers are growing on me.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote