Nissan 370Z Forum  

How Does This Sound?

I'm coming up on 30k miles and about time for new tires. I plan on going with 20mm front spacers and 25mm rear spacers in the future (might just do

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Wheels & Tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 07:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 09 7AT 370Z
joshs09slvrZ will become famous soon enoughjoshs09slvrZ will become famous soon enough
Default How Does This Sound?

I'm coming up on 30k miles and about time for new tires. I plan on going with 20mm front spacers and 25mm rear spacers in the future (might just do it when I have the wheels off to mount the tires).

I'm looking at the Hankook Ventus V12 evo with 285/35/19 in the rear and 255/40/19 for the front. All 4 are $790 on Tire Rack.

Seem like a good setup with spacers and all? The car is stock height and I don't plan on lowering it so I don't think rubbing would be an issue.
Stillen Gen3 CAI|Berk HFC and CBE|UpRev|15mm H&R front spacers|20mm Ichiba rear spacers|Stillen front and rear sway bars|Yokohama S. Drives|Swift springs|JDM Blinking Fog|8000k HIDs|9% window tinting, 47% on full windshield
joshs09slvrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Supercharged
kellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of light

I have 15's up front and 20's in the rear in terms of spacers with the same tires just lowered I will extend the invite again like with the sway bars if you would like to come and look at the setup you are more than welcome to.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Track Member

joshs09slvrZ will become famous soon enoughjoshs09slvrZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyefields View Post
I have 15's up front and 20's in the rear in terms of spacers with the same tires just lowered I will extend the invite again like with the sway bars if you would like to come and look at the setup you are more than welcome to.
I think I need to do that to get a good look at the spacers! I'm getting my car tuned on the 22nd...Jordo is going to be there if you wanted to swing by.
Stillen Gen3 CAI|Berk HFC and CBE|UpRev|15mm H&R front spacers|20mm Ichiba rear spacers|Stillen front and rear sway bars|Yokohama S. Drives|Swift springs|JDM Blinking Fog|8000k HIDs|9% window tinting, 47% on full windshield
Old 10-14-2011, 08:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370Z
kenoverbey has a reputation beyond reputekenoverbey has a reputation beyond reputekenoverbey has a reputation beyond reputekenoverbey has a reputation beyond reputekenoverbey has a reputation beyond reputekenoverbey has a reputation beyond reputekenoverbey has a reputation beyond reputekenoverbey has a reputation beyond reputekenoverbey has a reputation beyond reputekenoverbey has a reputation beyond reputekenoverbey has a reputation beyond repute

25's are too much. It will look like a dune buggy. Been there done that. 15 and 20's are the way to go.
kenoverbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z
cptspeed will become famous soon enough

I will be betting new rims soon. if you are interested, and can wait a few more weeks, I will sell you mine cheap. You will need longer studs for the fronts though.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshs09slvrZ View Post
I'm coming up on 30k miles and about time for new tires. I plan on going with 20mm front spacers and 25mm rear spacers in the future (might just do it when I have the wheels off to mount the tires).

I'm looking at the Hankook Ventus V12 evo with 285/35/19 in the rear and 255/40/19 for the front. All 4 are $790 on Tire Rack.

Seem like a good setup with spacers and all? The car is stock height and I don't plan on lowering it so I don't think rubbing would be an issue.
Sounds like a plan, although I agree with ken that 15/20 for the spacers would be better

With your tire setup, the 255/40/19 will be .3" taller than stock (stock is 245/40, correct?) and the 285/35/19 will also be .3" taller than stock, so that's a wash.

Sounds good to me.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

kellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of lightkellyefields is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I think I need to do that to get a good look at the spacers! I'm getting my car tuned on the 22nd...Jordo is going to be there if you wanted to swing by.
just let me know when and where and I will try to stop by
Old 10-14-2011, 11:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Track Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptspeed View Post
I will be betting new rims soon. if you are interested, and can wait a few more weeks, I will sell you mine cheap. You will need longer studs for the fronts though.
I can definitely wait! What brand and size? 15/20? Let me know!

Quote:
just let me know when and where and I will try to stop by
Right now I'll be in Ybor City until 5:00 and then back home to Land O' Lakes. Wanna swing by next week maybe (I would think it's short notice for today).

Thanks for all of the responses guys! Seems like Tire Rack has them the cheapest...even with shipping. I was looking at the Nitto Invos, but they are about $400 more.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 08 SGM IS350
OMGWTFBBQ has a reputation beyond reputeOMGWTFBBQ has a reputation beyond reputeOMGWTFBBQ has a reputation beyond reputeOMGWTFBBQ has a reputation beyond reputeOMGWTFBBQ has a reputation beyond reputeOMGWTFBBQ has a reputation beyond reputeOMGWTFBBQ has a reputation beyond reputeOMGWTFBBQ has a reputation beyond reputeOMGWTFBBQ has a reputation beyond reputeOMGWTFBBQ has a reputation beyond reputeOMGWTFBBQ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to OMGWTFBBQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenoverbey View Post
25's are too much. It will look like a dune buggy. Been there done that. 15 and 20's are the way to go.
I'm running 30mm spacers in the rear and it doesn't look like a "dune buggy". Then again I'm lowered and have -1.75 camber in the rear.
OMGWTFBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34, R35
tjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to tjlazer Send a message via MSN to tjlazer Send a message via Yahoo to tjlazer

get 20mm front and back and call it good. you can get the bolt on types and DIY for cheap if you get 20 for the front.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 BS 7AT 370z
NickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud ofNickTurnon has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to NickTurnon
Default Tuning

Quote:
What kind of a tune are you gunna get? I am interested
NickTurnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlazer View Post
get 20mm front and back and call it good. you can get the bolt on types and DIY for cheap if you get 20 for the front.
If I am not mistaken the bolt on ones going that large have a tendacy to break and if you are planning on going on a track I believe they are not allowed. I personally went with the larger studs to prevent such issues and have a piece of mind.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Track Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTurnon View Post
What kind of a tune are you gunna get? I am interested
UpRev tune.

Quote:
If I am not mistaken the bolt on ones going that large have a tendacy to break and if you are planning on going on a track I believe they are not allowed. I personally went with the larger studs to prevent such issues and have a piece of mind.
Yeah...I won't be tracking my car but I don't want to have to worry about studs breaking off.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z
cptspeed will become famous soon enough

I have h&r 15mm in the front, ichiba bolt on 20mm in the rear.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
Track Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptspeed View Post
I have h&r 15mm in the front, ichiba bolt on 20mm in the rear.
I am all over that! Where can I get replacement studs? Want to PM me a price?