Nissan 370Z Forum  

Need some input on this tire.

Hey folks I was wondering if anyone could lend their thought on this tire. Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Wheels & Tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 370Z/Sport/Black/MT
tommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to all
Default Need some input on this tire.

Hey folks I was wondering if anyone could lend their thought on this tire.
Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more
09 Sport / MB / 6sd / Nismo"R" Intake / Eibach Pro Kit / Z1 25 row cooler / JWT LW FW / New Short Block 3/11/11 /H&R 15fr 20rr/DBA 4000/FI CB with 12"res./Morel/JL/"Division"mod/SPC/EcuTek/M370/ZEX C SHOT/ART's/NRG
tommyguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

These are LOUD tires!

They were really cool back in the day and some people still like them, but they are an older design and are quite outdated IMO. The tread pattern is badass, though.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: 370Z/Sport/Black/MT
tommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to alltommyguns is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
These are LOUD tires!

They were really cool back in the day and some people still like them, but they are an older design and are quite outdated IMO. The tread pattern is badass, though.
The tread pattern is what grabbed me! Thanks for the insight, I think I will just go with the Re11's and be done with it. Thanks again.
09 Sport / MB / 6sd / Nismo"R" Intake / Eibach Pro Kit / Z1 25 row cooler / JWT LW FW / New Short Block 3/11/11 /H&R 15fr 20rr/DBA 4000/FI CB with 12"res./Morel/JL/"Division"mod/SPC/EcuTek/M370/ZEX C SHOT/ART's/NRG
tommyguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyguns View Post
The tread pattern is what grabbed me! Thanks for the insight, I think I will just go with the Re11's and be done with it. Thanks again.
Can't go wrong with Re-11s! They are way better than the KDWs.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
These are LOUD tires!

They were really cool back in the day and some people still like them, but they are an older design and are quite outdated IMO.

sears is probably just trying to sell off old stock. those tires were originally out like 2003-2004 timing. too old of a design, not asymetrical with reinforced belts on the inner tread = wears fast. those belong on cars like teg-R's and civic-si's imho.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Track Member

Drives: PW Base Sport 6 Spd
wh1te370z will become famous soon enough

i bought these. As far as the loudness factor its around the same as the stock tires. As far as performace im not impressed at all. The stockers performed better than the KDW's. Def go with the RE-11's or something else.

I think the wear is actually pretty good if thats what ur looking for. The wear ratting is like a 320 or something. Im by no means a nice driver lol. I went through the stock rears at about 13k. im at 25K and still have about half tread. maybe a little less. the fronts still look brand new.