Nissan 370Z Forum  

Should I tint my tail lights or leave it to the pros?

Hey guys! First let me start by saying, my apologies if this is in the wrong section, I'm new to the forums and eager So my question is in the

Go Back   Nissan 370Z Forum > Nissan 370Z Tech Area > Exterior & Interior

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Silverstone
  • 1 Post By Nixin
  • 2 Post By BGTV8
  • 1 Post By DeliriousClam

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2016, 09:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z base
Djrandolfs12 is on a distinguished road
Default Should I tint my tail lights or leave it to the pros?

Hey guys! First let me start by saying, my apologies if this is in the wrong section, I'm new to the forums and eager

So my question is in the subject. I want to tint my tail lights but i am unsure whether or not i should DIY, or have a professional do it. This is my first "expensive" car and i want to do my mods "the right way". I tinted my tail lights on my 2003 ford focus zx5 back in the day and aside from a little overspray (won't be an issue this time around), i feel like they looked great! What concerns me is a buddy of mine is a car enthusiast and says that the difference between a can of tint spray (VHT Nightshafe), and a pro tinter with a gun will be night and day. He's saying the fade of the lights when lit up won't look anywhere near as nice or as bright with the spray and will be way brighter with little to no fade at a Pro shop.

Is it worth it?

I have a can of $15 spray and $3 painters tape as opposed to $150 a shop wants to charge me. What are your thoughts?

What ide really like to see is pics of someone who has done both to the same car, maybe removed the self tint then got a pro job dont but i cant find any results like that in google images.

thanks for whatever you can cook up!
Djrandolfs12 is offline   Reply With Quote