Thread: LSD Info Needed
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 03:20 PM   #22 (permalink)
ProfessorDave
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In the fairway
ProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud ofProfessorDave has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash1369 View Post
I'm not very far away from you, if you take the plunge I would be very interested to hear where you went and your thoughts of the entire ordeal

Or maybe we can get a discount it we have two installed
OK, now I get the Tobyharlem location! This probably won't happen for awhile (if at all) but I'll keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
Yeah being a machinist helps to put one in, i had to bust out the 2" indicator, the torque-angle gauge, and the last word, as well as some bluing to check mesh. At least you don't need a case spreader like certain domestic cars rear ends. definitly a precision job though and hope to hell your pinion height doesn't change or you're in for some more cash for bearings and a clutch sleeve and more shims.
You might as well have said I'd need a flux capacitor! I'm convinced...it will be a qualified shop that does the install if I take the leap

Rain, snow, sleet, hail: 2009 Mazda 3 sGT HB
Everything else: 2009 370z, PW Touring 6MT
ProfessorDave is offline   Reply With Quote