View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 03:41 PM   #77 (permalink)
WarmAndSCSI
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '08 Evo X | '10 370Z
WarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab83_750 View Post
Check again please. Don't know if I read you right, but no way could .5 qt fill from L to H.

As I sTated above, I strongly believe it takes 2 qts to raise the level from L to H. Hopefully, I am wrong but if you put 3,500 miles and you went down to almost the "L" mark, this means that you are consuming 1 qt every 1500 miles. This is 'almost' at the 'no good engine' range using the TSB chart.
You're over analyzing. I had roughly half a quart of make up oil available to me, not counting the 1/8 qt. or so that spilled out of the bottle in my trunk, and I was able to get my oil level back up to right below the "H" mark, where I had it initially, after 5000+ miles on this oil change by using what oil I had left.

Now that I think about it, I may have received an exaggerated reading when I checked the oil (and now I realize I did because the car was parked on a slope facing uphill ) but it was definitely slightly low. Let's say more like half-way between the "H" and "L" marks, and is now right below the "H" mark where it should be.

Or rather, let's just say it was 1/4-to-1/3 qt. low since that seems to add up given my oil bottle reserve.

IMO this is the amount of oil a VHR should be consuming. Less than 1/2 qt (now that I consider how much leaked out of that bottle) per 5000 miles, or less than 0.1 qt per 1000 miles.

Broken in hard, broken in fast

'10 PW 370Z 7AT - wife's car - Project Raspberry Cheesecake
'08 Evo X - built motor+trans | BB-X @ 32 psi | CH3OH | self-built+tuned - ??? WHP
'01 Galant V6 - built motor | GT35R | self-built+tuned - 550+ WHP (retired)

Last edited by WarmAndSCSI; 11-09-2010 at 03:45 PM.
WarmAndSCSI is offline   Reply With Quote