View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 03:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
initialgemini
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 FX 35
initialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond reputeinitialgemini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by molamann View Post
Please stay away from BSN products, their products are decent but they're extremely overpriced since people are buying it from all that marketing they do. As for basic supplements, I take:

Optimum nutrition Whey Protein (post-workout)
Optimum nutrition Casein Protein (morning and night, take it with some peanut butter or cottage cheese at night specifically)
Controlled Labs Green Mag Creatine
Controlled Labs Orange Triad Multivitamin
Controlled Labs Purple Wrath BCAA
I'm taking a break from preworkout supplements atm.

If you're concerned about mass, just take 2x the grams of protein equal to your weight in lbs. For example, if you're 200lbs now, you'll have to take at least 400g in protein. Make sure you're also eating sufficient amount calories, there's several calculators available online.
Please don't listen to the 2x your weight is the amount of protein you should take. The recommended minimum amount .8 g of protein per kilogram of weight. For athletic individuals anywhere between 1.2g-1.4g per kilograms. Exceeding more than 2g per kilogram will put a large amount of stress on your kidneys.

As far as stacks go, this is what I use:
Universal nutrition: Shock Therapy (Pre-workout)
Dark matter: (post workout)
Optimum nutrition gold standard whey protein
Optimum nutrition Procomplex weight gainer
Centrum multivitamins

I use this because I have an extremely active metabolism. I'm 6'3" and weigh 195 pounds. I have to use a weight gainer to provide enough calories through out the day. Like what others have said BSN is an expensive brand and overpriced. There are many alternatives out there.

The key is eating balanced and taking in protein through out the day. Protein synthesis happens during the day. Be sure you get plenty of rest, stay hydrated. If you're trying to cut down, eat lean foods (chicken breast, lean meats, fish) and cut down on the calories. You still need to maintain a balanced diet to ensure you are taking in adequate amounts of carbs, fats, and vitamins. Don't fall for trendy diets. A strict diet and exercise regiment is the best way to go. The results are reliable and the effects are long lasting.

On a reference note, I'm a biologist in the infant nutrition market. Nutrition is my specialty. Be really careful about information that you hear from "meatheads." A lot of methods that I over hear all the time are very dangerous for you body that can really screw you.
initialgemini is offline   Reply With Quote