View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 09:53 PM   #33 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh@STILLEN View Post
AK.. will absolutely look into the instructions.. apologize for the time wasted on the G37 inclusion.. surprised we overlooked that. We do share photos and things from the various applications, as a lot of things are exactly the same. I guess i owe you 10 minutes somehow!

Thanks so much for the awesome detailed review and DIY.. I know guys will benefit from your efforts and documentation..

Bummer on the tool.. I know you were excited to get a 'dremel-ish' device for the home arsenal.. LOL.. I think you might have cheaped out on that one... (I kid I kid)..

Awesome review.. can't wait to hear your thoughts once the ECU gets a chance to adjust to the new airflow, and you get a chance to flog it..
Haha, I went through the same thing with that bolt! As for the Dremel bit, here is what I used and it worked perfectly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Zsteve View Post
A great tool for cutting the holes, the Dremel Carbide Cutting and Shaping Tool. Available at HD, Lowe's, any hardware store that carries Dremel stuff. It cut through the material like butter, and you can use it almost like a lathe as well as a cutter. Total cutting/shaping time: about 5 minutes per side. Cost was $16