View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
WarmAndSCSI
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '08 Evo X | '10 370Z
WarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple's View Post
I like your explanation, and if you'd like to discuss this? Feel free to send me a Pm I've built plenty of motors, Back on Topic.
I feel ya. I'll keep it more on-topic but I just find it amusing how many reports of this come from the Z community. People are probably just too nice to their new babies. Nothing wrong with that, but I wish I could redefine what "being nice" is for some people. Tough love is how I would describe it.

But on the real, I'd be demanding a whole new engine. There ARE some potential side effects of poor ring sealing on the engine as a whole.

Actually, I'm surprised somebody hasn't had a bearing failure during all of this. Fuel dilution in oil is pretty much the #1 killer of bearings. To that point, you could have some excessive wear in your valvetrain due to lack of oil protection and potential dropped oil pressure due to lower end wear.

Point these things out to your dealer tech or service manager. It's perfectly logical especially if the consumption has been on-going.

'10 PW 370Z 7AT - wife's car - Project Raspberry Cheesecake
'08 Evo X - built motor+trans | BB-X @ 32 psi | CH3OH | self-built+tuned - ??? WHP
'01 Galant V6 - built motor | GT35R | self-built+tuned - 550+ WHP (retired)
WarmAndSCSI is offline   Reply With Quote