View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 07:40 PM   #58 (permalink)
imag
Enthusiast Member

Drives: up the wall
imag will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcar View Post
What I don't get is that the Nissan literature lists the Nismo 370 at "Zero Lift" front and rear with a 0.3 coefficient of drag.

But Nissan also list the normal Sports Pack 370 model at "Zero Lift" front and rear at a drag coefficient of 0.29.

So, what is with the 370 Nismo's extra 7.1" length and all the extreme spoilers, diffusers etc. if they don't actually create downforce or improve drag values???

If the Nismo spoilers don't add anything but weight, I would like all the 370 Nismo chassis bits installed into the normal 370 Sports Pack's body.
The more I go back and forth on the decision, the more I am thinking that I'd like to get the Nismo, but don't want that nose. For one thing, it's going to be a hassle - you can tell from looking at it that it's going to scrape on every driveway around. Likewise, I can't imagine the rear wing helps out the already-bad rear view by much.

I actually think the regular Sport is probably a more livable car, especially in Oakland, where the roads are just trashed. The thing that drives me nuts about the non-NISMOs is that the wheel offset doesn't fit the fender flares. It's inexcusable for a car like this to have such a basic screw-up. Buying spacers has the potential to screw up the handling (Nissan didn't spacer them for a reason), and buying larger wheels means paying for a sport package, then bailing on one of the more expensive components.

Bah. I almost wonder if they screwed up the wheel offset and thinned out the exhaust pipe on the regular 370 just so they could sell more high-margin NISMOs.
imag is offline   Reply With Quote