View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 06:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednek01 View Post
Maybe I am over simplifying this but why wouldnt you just wire it inline with your parking lamps or brake lights? The wires are already ran you just tap into them! Seems a little easier to me and it wont run your battery down when your in a hurry and forget to turn of a switch mounted on your center console.
Because a rear fog light is *not* supposed to be on all the time. You only turn it on when you're actually in very low visibility situations, like dense fog. With normal visibility it will annoy and confuse other drivers, it will be at least as bright as a lit up brake light, possibly moreso.

Oh and as for the switch, I'm planning to wire it to an ignition-controlled power source, so there won't be any concern about leaving it on to drain the battery.

Last edited by wstar; 04-07-2009 at 06:18 PM.
wstar is offline   Reply With Quote