View Single Post
Old 07-21-2023, 08:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by filip00 View Post
You can't get a flat spot on a tyre unless it's completely out of air. Brand new cars have their tyres pumped up to 3 BAR (~45 PSI) and they can't get a flat spot. It's a myth that you could get a flat spot if you let your car sit for a while.
Ewww wrong. Tires can and do get flat spots after sitting for a period of time. The tires on my Jeep Gladiator flat spot every night. It takes about 10 miles of running above 45 mph to get them heated up and round again. The tires are 37/12.5-17's. Run 30 psi in the front and 25 psi in the rear. The only time I've seen 45 psi in tires are on truck tires. I run 35 psi on my Z. Tire construction plays a lot in if a tire flat spots or not too. I've had other brands of tires flat spot too.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is online now   Reply With Quote