View Single Post
Old 04-17-2023, 05:47 PM   #10317 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
I remember during a visit to Publix and first seeing these signs (attached), I asked the store manager specifically what the policy was. There was a limit obviously, but how long did this limit last? For example, if I bought and left the store, then came back later that day, would I be able to purchase 2 more? He said as long as I physically left the store and came back, I could do this as many times as I wanted.

So I did exactly that. Bought my 2, left, came back - rinse and repeat.

On the 5th visit, one of the cashiers apparently ratted me out to the customer service manager. After I checked out/paid and headed for the door, he flagged me down and said I would need to return them for a refund. I told him to speak with his store manager, as he was the one that told me I could do this. I guess he got butt hurt that I wouldn't oblige so he started raising his voice and further demanded that I return them. I told him I've already paid and this is legally my property, and told him in a nice way to go pound salt. As I was walking out, he then screamed for me to never return to the store.

I called and spoke with the store manager, informing him of what happened, as well as the corporate office. Even their corporate office echoed the same message on what the store manager told me to do. I informed both of them that I didn't need an apology from them, but rather an apology from that CS Manager. Of course, my nature is that I absolutely had to get that apology out of spite and principle.

I wanted to make another rinse/repeat trip on another day and called the store to see if he was working that day. I could tell that he was watching me on the way out and on my last trip, I looked at him and asked him if I needed to return these and then told him I'd be back in 2 minutes.
Definitely a GOLDEN RULE!

I did something like that at Cabela's. Wifey and me made a couple of trips to stock up.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html