View Single Post
Old 04-17-2023, 04:04 AM   #10282 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
Stores open/close all the time, and I find it interesting that they put a spotlight on Wally for shutting down.

In the same article, it's stated: "'These stores lose tens of millions of dollars a year, and their annual losses nearly doubled in just the last five years,' Walmart said. Despite years of different strategies, the company said, it did not see a route to profitability for these stores. Walmart, which made $20.6 billion in 2022, did not specify why losses were growing in Chicago."

If I was an executive of a company and was losing millions annually, damn right I would plug holes to prevent money spilling out.

And "did not specify why losses were growing in Chicago." Perhaps theft/crime? Just a wild guess

Hey Chicago, how do you feel about defunding the police now?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/defund-po...r-most-experts
After retirement. I worked at Home Depot for 4 years. If we see seen someone stealing stuff. We wasn't allowed to touch them. We were told just to walk up to them and asked if they needed help in finding something. In the hope that them would notice that they were seen stealing.

We had a group that would come in around 8:30am, just before we would open the gate up to the garden center. They would grab a buggy and load up with cordless power tools and accessories. And head to garden center. We would open up the gate at 9am. We wouldn't have a cashier there until around 9:15. They thieves would run around pushing the loaded buggy to a waiting car parked in front of the garden center with the trunk open. They would basically throw the whole buggy into the trunk. And take off. This happened about once every 2 months.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html