View Single Post
Old 08-27-2022, 12:59 PM   #37 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by prandelia View Post
Appreciate the info. Yeah, mostly just playing around. I have AP Racing Pro5000R brakes on some of my other cars, so I get it. We used to use Racing Brakes Stainless steel pistons in our 987 race cars OE calipers with great results. Will see if they are willing to make some pistons for the sport brakes. If not, might do some AP stuff but for now car stops just fine.

This was the “first round” of upgrades and seeing how the car is on track to identify the weak spots. I track/race all my other cars too, so the Z doesn’t see tons of track time but I still want it prepared as good as it can.

But cutting holes in the hood just isn’t going to happen so I’ll just deal with it and do everything else. Oil temps aren’t really an issue on this car, 250-260 is fine with a high quality oil and thicker viscosity, with frequent changes. My brakes don’t have any issues for the tires I’m running. Coolant temps stay on 7 almost always, unless I stay out long in crazy heat, so that also easy to manage for the time being. But you know how it goes, we always are tinkering and wanting more! Lol. I’m
The ABS is the current limiting factor as I’m not going to run anything stickier than 200TW tires until I get a fix. Bosch Motorsport just got back to me about the ABS discussion so hoping to have some good news about that.
I'm running RacingBrake rotors, Ti heat shields, 3" cooling duct hose, 10/8 Carbotech brake pads. The heat generated with fry the dust seals in the calipers, Turn the powder coat a different color. And brake fluid will leak out of the bleeder screws. Have Mich Cup tires, 80TW. No ice mode yet.

Did you do the YAW sensor mod?

Did you do anything for the fuel starve on right hand turns?

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html

Last edited by Rusty; 08-27-2022 at 01:01 PM.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote