View Single Post
Old 08-25-2022, 07:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by prandelia View Post
I don't feel bad now that mine hit 8/9 dots after 15-20 minutes on track in high heat/humidity. My oil temps can get to 260, but I'm running 5W50. I'd rather run a little higher temp and keep oil pressure up, rather than run thinner oil to try to keep temps lower. Unless you can keep your oil temp at 210 all the time, 0W40 is awfully thin on track at 250 deg, not to mention oil pressure suffers.

I just finished building my Nismo "clubsport" with all the cooling mods, but will try to add some side shields to direct airflow into the coolers/radiators more efficiently. Also adding the new Z1 undertray that has some cooling fins to help relieve pressure, which can't hurt either.

My biggest complaint isn't oil/coolant temps, it's the crappy ABS....lol
Do you have a water temp gauge?
Did you install hood vents?
Do you have a splitter on the front?
Did you make ducting inside the bumper? From the opening to the radiator?

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is online now   Reply With Quote